Shout out to David McGoldrick

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwitchBLADE Smiles

Reaction score
Apart from the absolute sitter that he somehow managed to not score, thought his overall play was very good today. Was all over the pitch causing them problems today & even picked the ball up at left back to start the move that led to the goal.

Last year's player of the season showing that he can cut it with the big boys.

If we remember, how many sitters did he miss at the beginning of last season.
I think he sometimes tries to be a bit too clever, the one in the first minute at Bournemouth he was trying to lift it over Ramsdale and got the connection wrong when he should have just drilled it past him.
Today the same, just allowed it to bounce against his shin when it should have just been convincingly smacked into the net, left footed

Hate to say it but he won’t be cutting it with the big boys for long if he keeps missing chances like that one. McBurnie and Sharp are chomping at the bit and Oli in particular seems just as technically adept as Dave.

Had we not won today he’d have been absolutely battered for that. That’s a sitter and half.

But I must agree his performance overall was superb. His first touch regularly takes my breath away.

Hate to say it but he won’t be cutting it with the big boys for long if he keeps missing chances like that one. McBurnie and Sharp are chomping at the bit and Oli in particular seems just as technically adept as Dave.

Had we not won today he’d have been absolutely battered for that. That’s a sitter and half.

But I must agree his performance overall was superb. His first touch regularly takes my breath away.

Freeman did great today as did McBurnie, Goldie might not start Saturday.

Freeman might keep Fleck’s position if we keep the flat 3. The slightly deeper role favours Fleck. Interesting headache for CW.

He was fucking fantastic

Agree, played 50/50 today. Was a great outlet going forward and had them confused but also did the leg work going back. An upgrade on Fleck (even tho that may offend some).

If we remember, how many sitters did he miss at the beginning of last season.

Good point!

Freeman did great today as did McBurnie, Goldie might not start Saturday.

Disagree. Especially if Robinson is going to end up missing a game. McGoldrick fits into our system perfectly. Taking him out for anyone makes us worse IMO.

Because he suits our system so well. We don't have another forward in the squad that has McGoldricks combination of movement, ability on the ball, 1st touch & ability to run off the last defender.

If he could put the ball in the net on a semi-regular basis (and was 5 years younger) we'd have a very expensive striker on our hands.

I maybe exaggerating here and doing the lad a disservice but all I can really recall him doing is knocking stray passes about

Re Mcgoldrick, let's give the keeper some credit for covering the goal and getting his hand on it. Great instinctive save.

I maybe exaggerating here and doing the lad a disservice but all I can really recall him doing is knocking stray passes about
Said to mate that he was having a bit of a mare with his passing and that if he kept missing chances he would be left out. He had the same problem last year but came through in the end. Class act, but CW won’t hesitate to try someone who may be more clinical.

I can see why why he's starting with Robinson and McG but what you gain in extra defensive work and coming deep to collect you probably lose in clinical finishing. Interesting to see what happens as the season progresses.

Apart from the absolute sitter that he somehow managed to not score, thought his overall play was very good today. Was all over the pitch causing them problems today & even picked the ball up at left back to start the move that led to the goal.

Last year's player of the season showing that he can cut it with the big boys.
Sorry but as much as I loved how he played last year he was poor today. First half he kept giving the ball away and got deeper and deeper to try and influence the game only to give the ball away again.

Yes he has a few tricks but they didn't come off today and I think he was lucky to stay on the pitch as long as he did.

He may get a other chance on Saturday but he hasn't started the season well in my opinion and it wouldn't surprise me if if is McBurnie that replaces him in the team

Sorry but as much as I loved how he played last year he was poor today. First half he kept giving the ball away and got deeper and deeper to try and influence the game only to give the ball away again.

Yes he has a few tricks but they didn't come off today and I think he was lucky to stay on the pitch as long as he did.

He may get a other chance on Saturday but he hasn't started the season well in my opinion and it wouldn't surprise me if if is McBurnie that replaces him in the team
He was class today ,get new glasses

He was class today ,get new glasses
Totally disagree, thought he was poor. He won't be in the starting 11 for much longer if he keeps missing sitters. Sharp and McBurnie will both be having words with Wilder.

We can't afford to have players like McGoldrick missing sitters every week at this level, we need to be ruthless.

Totally disagree, thought he was poor. He won't be in the starting 11 for much longer if he keeps missing sitters. Sharp and McBurnie will both be having words with Wilder.

We can't afford to have players like McGoldrick missing sitters every week at this level, we need to be ruthless.
Some people just see what they want to see
He was one of our best players today
I posted a thread from last season where he'd missed a few 'sitters' and loads on here were baying for his blood
He went on to win our player of the year
He had a great game today but missed a chance he should have scored

Agree with lots of this and its the way I saw it too. Poor is a tad harsh as his work rate was superb. It certainly wasn't a class performance and I don't think you need to visit Specsavers at all!

Some people just see what they want to see
He was one of our best players today
I posted a thread from last season where he'd missed a few 'sitters' and loads on here were baying for his blood
He went on to win our player of the year
He had a great game today but missed a chance he should have scored
A 'great' game? Really?

All about opinions, but so harsh in my view. He’s the cleverest player we have and put an incredible shift in today. Summed up by their lad who tried to Cruyff turn him at speed only for McG to see it coming and walk off with the ball.

For a striker he does an incredible amount of work in midfield and hardly ever gives it away. Still a vital part of the team for me.

If he could finish really well, he would be playing way above us.

Usual if a striker doesn't score then he must have been poor routine. I bet his team-mates don't think that. Who can I give it to who will hold it up for us? Who can bring a difficult ball out of the air, control it and lay it off in one fluid movement? Who works his knackers off and started the move for the goal by dropping deep for the ball? That Wilder seems to like him, so I think I'll go with his judgment instead of someone who probably shouts GERRITFORRAD!! or SHOOT!!! every time we get the ball.

McGoldrick played well. Needs to up the tempo slightly and his tricks will work. However, most of the credit for the goal needs to go to O’Connell. It was his overload down the left wing that gave Freeman his opportunity and Freeman’s shot/pass was a bit powder puff (like McGoldricks in the first half). A great performance by ALL Dem Blades!

I thought he did aright today, but after Norwood's ping to Baldock it was crying out for him to run square to the edge of the box for Baldock to cut back to as the defence charged into the box but he just carried on into the box almost hiding behind the defender, would have been a difficult angle but he'd have had loads of space

Yeh I thought he was 'alright' too a bit hit and miss but put in a good shift.

I thought he did aright today, but after Norwood's ping to Baldock it was crying out for him to run square to the edge of the box for Baldock to cut back to as the defence charged into the box but he just carried on into the box almost hiding behind the defender, would have been a difficult angle but he'd have had loads of space
Baldock took far too long to do anything

Back
Top Bottom