Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 21st Oct 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
ARS
ARS
ARS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1571325740844.png v. 1571325747312.png

EPL Week 9 - Monday 21st October 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-arsenal.473/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Dan Robathan
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Neil Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 16.24.37.png

Last edited:

If I've got it right a win on Monday puts us 8th. That would be rather pleasing.

I got to say I do fear Arsenal as much if not more than Liverpool. We all knew what to expect from the European champions and we raised our game accordingly. But there is a strange misconception with Arsenal, that they have a soft underbelly and might not fancy a Monday night trip to Bramall Lane. Well if we don’t afford them the same sort of respect we did Liverpool, I think they are equally capable of ripping us a new arsehole.

Have fancied us to get something from this since for some time now. Our energy levels will be a real test for them in midfield and their defence is unbelievably erratic.

I would have started Mousset for his pace and Sharp for his guile, and I can see him really getting under the skin of Luiz and Socrates.

Their front 3 is quite special though, so we will need to be on it defensively.

Watched them a couple of weeks back v Villa, very dodgy at the back but also excellent for patches of the game up front

Another tough game against a well established top end PL side.

But I have stopped shitting myself when we play such sides having done so well against Chelsea, Liverpool and Leicester.
We may lose, but we will give a good account of ourselves and I wouldn’t be too surprised if we bagged all three points
Shouldn't you have added Crystal Palace? They're 6th and 1 point behind Arsenal.

I got to say I do fear Arsenal as much if not more than Liverpool. We all knew what to expect from the European champions and we raised our game accordingly. But there is a strange misconception with Arsenal, that they have a soft underbelly and might not fancy a Monday night trip to Bramall Lane. Well if we don’t afford them the same sort of respect we did Liverpool, I think they are equally capable of ripping us a new arsehole.

Let's hope it is freezing cold and pissing it down Monday night, but not where I am. 😁

Hope I'm wrong but the biggest problem we may face in this game may be the Referee. Mike 'Look at me' Dean. I absolutely hate watching games with this guy in charge and he's always got a controversial decision in him. Hope he leaves his Arsenal scarf at home.
UTB

Hope I'm wrong but the biggest problem we may face in this game may be the Referee. Mike 'Look at me' Dean. I absolutely hate watching games with this guy in charge and he's always got a controversial decision in him. Hope he leaves his Arsenal scarf at home.
UTB

Absolute nonsense.

Why on earth would he be biased in favour of Arsenal?

Absolute nonsense.

Why on earth would he be biased in favour of Arsenal?

He has a tendency to make strange decisions on TV to draw attention to himself. I'm not necessarily saying he'll completely favour Arsenal but we've seen before how some older, more established referees tend to 'favour' the so called 'top 6' in game like this.

Just my opinion. Sorry if you consider it "nonsense".

UTB

He has a tendency to make strange decisions on TV to draw attention to himself. I'm not necessarily saying he'll completely favour Arsenal but we've seen before how some older, more established referees tend to 'favour' the so called 'top 6' in game like this.

Just my opinion. Sorry if you consider it "nonsense".

UTB

I'll upgrade it from nonsense to absolute bollocks actually.

People who moan about referees are the most boring people on earth.

The best team will win tomorrow. If they're evenly matched then it will be a draw.

The referee will have fuck all to do with the final result.

Need to come out of the traps and get straight at them. And above all else, put away the chances, because they will do exactly that.

A win sets us in place for a decent pre-Christmas consolidation period. A stuffing and we will lose confidence.

Mike Dean is reffing though. So he'll be siding with them lot.

pommpey

This is what being in the Premier League is all about, a big night game under the lights on Sky TV worldwide no doubt, can't wait for this one me. Arsenal have been right up at the top for donkeys years but so what lets get at em and see what they are made of. UFUMS

The best team will win tomorrow. If they're evenly matched then it will be a draw.

Personally I'd say that posters who troll others and slag them off on Internet forums just because they have a different view from them are "the most boring people on earth". I'd definitely say you qualify.

Enjoy the game....if you really enjoy anything in your life.

UTB

Personally I'd say that posters who troll others and slag them off on Internet forums just because they have a different view from them are "the most boring people on earth". I'd definitely say you qualify.

Enjoy the game....if you really enjoy anything in your life.

UTB

Do you honestly think that professional referees at the highest level of the sport are biased in any, way, shape or form?

Come on, get a grip.

Mike Dean is a Tranmere fan. He doesn't give a shit about us or Arsenal.

Come off it. Mike Dean LOVES it. It's not bollocks to suggest Mike Dean has a controversial decision in him whatsoever.

He gets the tag of 'most Controversial referee' for a reason.

Or quite a few reasons.

Having said all that, he's been seen celebrating spurs goals so may have a dislike for arsenal.

So at last back in action tonight, with the visit of Arsenal to BDBL. Really looking forward to this one, and I'm sure Wilder will have the lads fired up and ready to go. However despite a somewhat under the radar start to the season, Arsenal are clearly a class side, with a particular dangerous forward line.

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Seems a few out with McGoldrick definitely absent?

Fleck also a doubt?

McBurnie probably missing, injured or not?

I always felt this was a game which would suit the trickery and pace of Mousset, so the McBurnie incident might not be a biggy. Though it does reduce the options available to change things if necessary. Clearly a very difficult game, but I think we will score, and I'm fairly confident of a positive result. 1-1 or 2-1 to us. I'll go for the latter....

Is there going to be a light show tonight? :)

UTB

Come off it. Mike Dean LOVES it. It's not bollocks to suggest Mike Dean has a controversial decision in him whatsoever.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Where are all these controversial decisions?

You should be able to reel off at least a dozen if he's half as bad as you say he is.

You should be able to reel off at least a dozen if he's half as bad as you say he is.
There are websites that show you at the end of the season where teams would fare in the table if not for controversial decisions
It's fair to say the top 6 benefit strongly from this and in particular Liverpool and man utd

Check the link... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...n-Premier-League-s-controversial-referee.html

And that's from 2 years ago. The guys a cock. Stephen Hunt (also a cock) said that Dean is the most arrogant person he's ever shared a pitch with. Coming from him that's some claim!!

OR.....
Bertie Mee
Said to Bill Shankly
Have you heard Gary Monk has got VD
He said yes
He's in a mess
And so are the Wednesday FC.

Arsenal really is one of the better sides in the league in terms of playing "proper football". Looking forward to this match!

Back
Top Bottom