Player Suggestion Shaquile Coulthirst

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Liaminho9

Reaction score
Considering we all know Stearman is the best defender at the club, confirmed by our resident football expert Pinchy - should be be taking a look at this lad?

Only 24 and came though the Spurs academy... best player on the pitch today in my eyes - ran Stears ragged.

Funnily enough, I remeber seeing him years ago (For Peterborough I think, though it might be Southend) and thought he looked like a tidy player.

I think the gulf between the national league and ourselves is too big, and the lad obviously lacks some consistency but I can definetly see him returning to the football league in the near future.

Funnily enough, I remeber seeing him years ago (For Peterborough I think, though it might be Southend) and thought he looked like a tidy player.

I think the gulf between the national league and ourselves is too big, and the lad obviously lacks some consistency but I can definetly see him returning to the football league in the near future.

Means nothing obviously, but he's a good signing on Football Manager if you are at a certain level!

On a more serious note though, it did make me more aware of his name so on the occasions it's appeared on Soccer Saturday I've known who he was. Started at Spurs I think, doesn't seem like one of those who have really kicked on though, for now at least.

Means nothing obviously, but he's a good signing on Football Manager if you are at a certain level!

On a more serious note though, it did make me more aware of his name so on the occasions it's appeared on Soccer Saturday I've known who he was. Started at Spurs I think, doesn't seem like one of those who have really kicked on though, for now at least.

Nowt wrong with a bit of football manager scouting!

You're right; he did start at spurs. I imagine he's not the only Totenham academy graduate making a name for themselves - although rarely good enough for the 1st team, a lot seem to still make it as professionals.
Nathan Byrne, Massimo Luongo and Ruben Lameiras all spring to mind from recent years.

The fact that he has a shit load of pace, and after that performance at the weekend, i would be tempted if I was CW to look at paying a nominal fee for him and a short contract to have him on the bench for the run in. No defenders like people running at them and one things for certain, the lad would run through a brick wall for us if he came on.

Obviously there's a reason that he is down there, but i would take him on as an option just for his pace. He also looked pretty good too. It would be a very cheap punt and it could come up trumps for us.

He raised his game, that's it, end of story. He fancied it against players who didn't.
There are some good players in the lower leagues, some come good later than others, but at 24 he should have been playing league football if he could consistently play at that level

He raised his game, that's it, end of story. He fancied it against players who didn't.
There are some good players in the lower leagues, some come good later than others, but at 24 he should have been playing league football if he could consistently play at that level

Jamie Vardy was at the same level at 24.

Think anyone would look good against a defence and midfield that stood off and never put a challenge in ,lad wouldn't get a touch against our first eleven in a meaningful game

Jamie Vardy was at the same level at 24.

He was thats very true, but if he was consistently good, I'd have thought he'd have been snapped up by now? No disrespect to Barnet, but they don't strike me as the sort of club who could afford to turn their nose up at a half decent offer.

He was thats very true, but if he was consistently good, I'd have thought he'd have been snapped up by now? No disrespect to Barnet, but they don't strike me as the sort of club who could afford to turn their nose up at a half decent offer.

Yeah, I have no idea if he's good or not other than what I saw last weekend, I was just challenging the opinion "but at 24 he should have been playing league football if he could consistently play at that level" - some players find their feet (or consistency) later in life, such as Vardy or Charlie Austin.

Yeah, I have no idea if he's good or not other than what I saw last weekend, I was just challenging the opinion "but at 24 he should have been playing league football if he could consistently play at that level" - some players find their feet (or consistency) later in life, such as Vardy or Charlie Austin.

I'm still waiting to bloom football wise at 49. Although these days finding my feet is less of an issue than feeling them.....................

I am probably in the minority that loved Sabella's skills but tbh thought he was pretty ineffective. He cold beat 3-4 players but without the right players around him didn't come t much

I'm not sure why Sabella has got a mention in this thread about a non league player TBH,
Sabella was a fairly established player when he arrived from River Plate, it shows how much things have changed for us, we'd never get a player from River Plate now.
His early season stuff when he first arrived was amazing and he created a number of goals or good chances

He was unfortunate that after a good start he was playing with certain players who will go down as amongst the worst in our entire history, they absolutely didn't give a toss. In spite of this Sabella was honest enough to keep trying and eventually got himself a big move

Shaq will probably be taken on by a club like Peterboro,a club with a recent history of turning unkown's into £ million pound well knowns.

I am probably in the minority that loved Sabella's skills but tbh thought he was pretty ineffective. He cold beat 3-4 players but without the right players around him didn't come t much
I thought he was a fantastic footballer but, as you say, he had poor players around him. And we got relegated. Point is you can’t judge a player by the league position of his team.

Apparently he left Peterborough and went to Barnet so he could be near his mum before she died of cancer recently, sad story.
Still young enough to work his way back up.

The only question marks with Coulthirst are fitness at a higher level and application, what with him going down the leagues but he seems to apply himself well, has strength, pace and skill and will cost next to nothing in Championship terms.

If we're not looking, someone will be.

Back
Top Bottom