Saturday is a Working Day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pinchy

Blade, not Bladey.
Reaction score
It's not a jolly day out to London.

It's not a rare chance to watch your team at the National Stadium.

It's not a day for Jester's Hats, Fancy Dress and Congas.

It's not a day for collecting souvenirs.

It's not a day for cameras, phones and videos.

It's not a lap of honour for the gallant losers.

Never mind whether you're pissed off by our failure in the run-in! That's gone.

Bollocks to our poor past record in the play-offs! That's history.

Forget the opposition. They're crap. It's Huddersfield not a World Select XI.

Stop the fear and trembling - It'll affect your voice and stifle your volume.

Ignore whether the people around you are supportive or soporific!

Do what YOU can!

Do EVERYTHING within your power!

If you're dissatisfied take it out on the team in the accursed blue and white!

If you're fed up, abuse the Ref or Lino!

Sing and Shout like the Red and White Army we claim to be and can be. We know how fearsome we can be - remember Leeds, Forest, Pigs etc. We can do it!

Don't go home without giving your all!

WE have a job to do: Urge, enthuse, encourage, support those red and white shirts and whoever happens to be wearing them and don't stop. Chances are, they won't stop either.

Don't buy a programme;

Don't wave silly fabric Hands.

Don't pose for photos near the entrance.

Wear your working clothes: Overalls, Donkey jackets, White coats, Blue collars, Hard hats. Show we mean it this time.

Sing loud and proud. Complicated stuff doesn't work in the wide open spaces. Stick to the simple ones that all can join in:

R & W Army; We are Bladesmen; Oh, When the Blades. Those will do.

We can make it happen.

It will happen.

The Blades Are Going UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your turn, Delia!

And then the PA announces the team..............."Number 4, Nick Montgomery"!

Pinchy self-combusts....

...as a result of sheer unbridled, fervent, unswerving, dedication.

"GOOOO ON MONTEEEEEEE MY SON" he roars at an ear splitting decibel level!

All around him join in and back the lads like never before.

90 minutes later we sing 'Wilson Wembleyland" half a dozen times then have half a bitter together.

...as a result of sheer unbridled, fervent, unswerving, dedication.

"GOOOO ON MONTEEEEEEE MY SON" he roars at an ear splitting decibel level!

All around him join in and back the lads like never before.

90 minutes later we sing 'Wilson Wembleyland" half a dozen times then have half a bitter together.

Breaking news from RAPTA HQ

"We are saddened to tell you that Pinchy tenure as Chairman of RAPTA has ended today with this full and frank support of the potential selection of Nick Montgomery. We all regret to inform all that Pinchy's RAPTA membership has been fully rescinded sine die."

Good post Pinchy, but you can bollocks if you think I'm wearing my shirt and tie in that heat! Plus I'd look a right Charlie Hunt on my photo's at the entrance.

They can count on my support though.

COOOOME OOOOONNN YOOOOUUUUU BLAAAADES!!!

Good post Pinchy, but you can bollocks if you think I'm wearing my shirt and tie in that heat! Plus I'd look a right Charlie Hunt on my photo's at the entrance.

See what you mean. My working clothes might look a bit out of place as well!

I'm going for the Red and White Army T-Shirt, I think. There are 17 on our minibus so alternative red and white might look rather fetching.

I'd wear mine, but bright Orange, illuminous high visibility clothing might make me stand out a bit, or make me look like a steward.

Do what YOU can!

Sing and Shout like the Red and White Army we claim to be and can be. We know how fearsome we can be - remember Leeds, Forest, Pigs etc. We can do it!

WE have a job to do: Urge, enthuse, encourage, support those red and white shirts and whoever happens to be wearing them and don't stop. Chances are, they won't stop either.

Don't buy a programme;

Wear your working clothes: Overalls, Donkey jackets, White coats, Blue collars, Hard hats. Show we mean it this time.

Sing loud and proud. Complicated stuff doesn't work in the wide open spaces. Stick to the simple ones that all can join in:

We can make it happen.

It will happen.

Your turn, Delia!

For England and Saint Danny.

Isit ok if we get so drunk we can't remember which team we support before kick off ?

Agreed, I'm not wearing shirt and tie! I'll treat it as a dress down day and wear jeans if that's ok with you Pinchy?

I aint wearing my suit, nor looking like one of the Village People, nor dressing like Keith Lard (He's drawn a dog!). On the flip side, I aint wearing a red and white jesters hat, nor having my face painted, nor even wearing the actual shirt. In short, I shall be attired as for any other match I attend.

Happy Pinchy?

Sing loud and proud.
That's it. We need to make some bloody noise. If someone tells you to siddarn when you're joining in a chant - ignore them. If you need some beers before the vocal chords get going, have a few. But here's a surprising one - don't get so bladdered you get knackered halfway through the match.

We need to roar them to win this thing, we haven't done it before, so we need to forget the pessimism and the worries and get behind em.

We need to roar them to win this thing, we haven't done it before, so we need to forget the pessimism and the worries and get behind em.

Fully agree... EVEN IF WE'RE LOSING. If we go behind, we can still win it! COYRAWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I work from home and in a sweltering green house of a flat, I often work in the buff.

This... could be awkward...

well we've not had a streaker at a Blades game for a long time

Don't take it so seriously! We've tried serious before and look where that has got us.

It is a grand day out to London proudly representing my club.

It is a proud as punch moment watching my team at the National Stadium.

It is a day for cameras, phones and videos, a Wembley appearance for United may not come again for years. Record your day, if you win, video the celebrations, the Chelsea videos on YouTube from the Allianz on Saturday night are awesome.

Embrace our ridiculous play off record, if you don't laugh about it your'll cry.

Remember the people at the other end of the ground are just like us, supporting their club, show them some respect if you bump into some.

Pose for photos near the entrance, the majority of us won the lottery of life when we were born English, Wembley is England's national stadium and some say the greatest Stadium on earth so be proud to be there.

Your post reads like The Communist Guide Book to Cup Finals.

Lighten up, enjoy your day and if we do lose, so what?

We'll still have a football team support in August and there's a few football fans in this country that might not.

And then the PA announces the team..............."Number 4, Nick Montgomery"!

Pinchy self-combusts.

Ive had a cheeky £1.50 on Monty last scorer and 1-0 @ 130/1 so hoping hes atleast on the bench ;)

Ive had a cheeky £1.50 on Monty last scorer and 1-0 @ 130/1 so hoping hes atleast on the bench ;)

I just can't resist. Honest Joe Pinchy has just made that £2.00. The extra winnings will go to a charity of your choice. Let's hope Karma is alive and well.

Do what YOU can!

Don't buy a programme;

We can make it happen.

It will happen.

Your turn, Delia!

Best speech by a plumber I've ever read. I shall be supporting the Blades from afar, tucked up in bed trying to find a way to get the game.

Back
Top Bottom