Ryan Leonard?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

IdLiketoRogerMoore

In Hecky we Trust!
Reaction score
In all the 'excitement' one thing/person I've not heard mention is the Len Dog?

Any sightings? One assumes he's the prime beneficiary of Evans moving on...

However, seems to have had a very low profile since signing to compete in center mid or be our RCB of the future..,

However, seems to have had a very low profile since signing to compete in center mid or be our RCB of the future..,
He'll be in by default soon as we will be down to 3 midfielders !

Suspect it will be him or Bryan who will benefit from Evans moving on. An odd call though, since Evans was ahead of Leonard in the pecking order.

I’ll never know where the idea he’s the heir apparent at rcb comes from - he didn’t play there regularly for Southend.

Don’t think Leonard’s anything more than a squad player and one to help close out games. Not good enough on the ball from what I’ve seen to start.

That said if Evans has gone maybe wilder has seen something in him after a proper preseason here?

This will be his season! It’s a bit like when you have to dead head a few plants for the new ones to burst through and come into full bloom. Holmes and Evans are gone, Enter the Lenny! This is just the opportunity he needed. We will soon find out now why he was Southend’s player of the season in League 1! Let his brilliance unfold! Fettered no more by pesky teammates!

Got to assume we have someone lined up to come in. My big worry is Couttsy could take a while to get back to full match fitness so if my first assumption is false we are definitely short of players

I’ll never know where the idea he’s the heir apparent at rcb comes from - he didn’t play there regularly for Southend.

Don’t think Leonard’s anything more than a squad player and one to help close out games. Not good enough on the ball from what I’ve seen to start.

That said if Evans has gone maybe wilder has seen something in him after a proper preseason here?

Kevin Gage said CW see's Lendog as a future RCB, this was at the Forest game last season.

Imagine this summer as a horror film called 'January Transfer Window'.

James Wilson, Ricky Holmes, and Lee Evans have all been picked off by the masked killer.

Ryan Leonard is running through the woods alone, panicked, looking back over his shoulder.

Will he make it?

James Wilson, Ricky Holmes, and Lee Evans have all been picked off by the masked killer.

Ryan Leonard is running through the woods alone, panicked, looking back over his shoulder.

Will he make it?

Maybe he is the masked killer? That's why no one has seen him...

And he'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that meddling Tufty!!

Will he make it?

Just hide behind a woman, they always die first.

Will he make it?

Interesting analogy. But instead of 'panicked, looking back over his shoulder', I would like to think he has picked up the 'blade' and striding forward confidently, relishing the challenge that lies ahead.

The team needs stiffening up defensively, especially in centre mid, give Leonard a run in the team as the anchor in midfield. Our midfield are awful at winning the ball back and give zero defence cover to the defence. It's fine enough playing gung-ho if we are that good but we aint, if Wilder starts getting the defensive basics right we might start getting somewhere.

Clough played Coutts right wing some times but never (from memory) in centre mid.

In comes CW and hey presto - rest is history.

Get Leonard in there too...........lightning just might strike twice.

UTB

This will be his season! It’s a bit like when you have to dead head a few plants for the new ones to burst through and come into full bloom. Holmes and Evans are gone, Enter the Lenny! This is just the opportunity he needed. We will soon find out now why he was Southend’s player of the season in League 1! Let his brilliance unfold! Fettered no more by pesky teammates!

We'll see. The man pursued for so long, who was not trusted to start last year, who was not part of Tufty's "best line up" of the last two games will become the Messiah. Hope so. If he doesn't, yet another Tufty waste of time and money.

Suspect it will be him or Bryan who will benefit from Evans moving on. An odd call though, since Evans was ahead of Leonard in the pecking order.

It will be whoever Wilder has lined up who will benefit he said in the interview was moved on for whoever is coming in

Will he make it?
Is this an insight into your fetishes???

Will he make it?

He doesn't have the pace, the killer get's to the car under the the old factory light 2 mins 45 seconds before him.

He’s played right back, centre half and centre mid. He’s also got a top drawer attitude and plenty of athleticism. Think he’ll make it.

He did well the few minutes he was on the pitch, in particular a dangerous and shot that went out for a corner. He has an opportunity now that Evans has gone.

Hopefully gets a game in cup think he will come good eventually.

There's definitely a player in there and he looked decent when he came on again after doing the same on Tuesday.

Personally think he's just maybe taking a bit longer to get up to speed with the standard expected but looks like he has a great engine and certainly feel he will have a part to play this season.

My only concern if i was him would be where he gets his chances if Norwood comes in. IMO our back 3 looked good today with Stearman and Egan both playing which means for the 2 MF positions you now have Fleck, Lundstram, Basham, Coutts when he's back and probably Norwood so his chances look limited.

Back
Top Bottom