Remember this day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade56

Yer avin a laff
Reaction score
now I walk in the shadow of the Valley of Death
The day we got serious and stopped taking the 'cheap' options, employing what and who was avaiable, taking chances on unproven managers.

Since we dropped out of the PL and Warnock left (love or hate the fella) we have been on a downward spiral dogged with the controvacy of negative press with the Tevez and Ched incidents, negative unattractive football played by crocked or journeyman players.

The board for once have put in place a strategy to get the right man rather than a name or a hopeful, we will have a proven manager with a budget, pitch stadium and support that any Championship and many PL clubs will envy.

Today is the day the brakes go on and we become a force in football once again. L1 teams be afraid, be very afraid Sheffield United are on the way back.

Remember this day fellow Blades, tell your children and your grandchildren, tell your wife/girlfriend, tell your workmates this is the day the come back of the mighty Blades started.

COYRAWW. B56 has got his football Mojo back, have you?

At long last, the most important decision the board can make has been made and I for one will not lay blame directly at the board if Adkins doesn't achieve his remit.

Hats off to the board for bringing in one of the most suitable candidates a league 1 club could "realistically" have brought in and as long as the board "realistically" back the manager, then the responsibility will be with NA to deliver what we have all been craving for.

Welcome to Bramall Lane Nige!
smile.gif

Viva Le Blades!
bigsmile.gif

All above assuming of course.......................

Gosh - Can I have something you are on?

Do you not think you should wait and actually see who it is first?

Wier appeared ok, so did Clough.........

UTB

UTB
Wait - No worst kept secret
Weir- No, gamble based on 'he was at Everton'
Clough - No, his dad was brilliant, he was a risk
Have what I'm on? - Yes, £10 a go

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM I feel good

For once (when official) the Blades have got it right. A great appointment if backed up by funds and more importantly patience from both the board and the supporters.

Cave blade may even get his enthusiasm back based on this. It's that flipping good I have come over all Bertish!!

And in 3,6, 12 or 18 months we'll be here again!
We should have kept robson for 10 years or given a blackwell 5 years to prove himself
maybe danny wilson should have had a more sustained period of failure and losing the club money perhaps until all resources had dried up and we went into liquidation

Carver, speed weir and adams should all have carried on for much longer even though they were atrocious

Clough should have been given the keys to the city for his valiant attempts at taking non league sheff united to the most uninspiring damp suib of a play off attempt

So im with you even if the next guy has 0.000 win percentage after 30 years and the club now plays its games at stocksbridge park steels because the ground was sold to pay his wages at least we will be more attractive to new managers

A lot of credit goes to the Board if it is Adkins. He made it clear he thinks he is still capable of managing/coaching at the highest level and maybe he is, would he have dropped to L1 for any other club, I doubt it very much.

The day we got serious and stopped taking the 'cheap' options, employing what and who was avaiable, taking chances on unproven managers.

Since we dropped out of the PL and Warnock left (love or hate the fella) we have been on a downward spiral dogged with the controvacy of negative press with the Tevez and Ched incidents, negative unattractive football played by crocked or journeyman players.

The board for once have put in place a strategy to get the right man rather than a name or a hopeful, we will have a proven manager with a budget, pitch stadium and support that any Championship and many PL clubs will envy.

Today is the day the brakes go on and we become a force in football once again. L1 teams be afraid, be very afraid Sheffield United are on the way back.

Remember this day fellow Blades, tell your children and your grandchildren, tell your wife/girlfriend, tell your workmates this is the day the come back of the mighty Blades started.

COYRAWW. B56 has got his football Mojo back, have you?

Lets keep our powder dry and see what the preseason brings us . Perhaps this time we will have the correct manager for a league 1 promotion push . Credit to the board , that they were aware of a problem with Clough and come up with a solution of the right man for the job , by giving all his team the sack , and bringing in a top quality manager . The next interesting bit , is who will the manager bring in ,as his assistant etc , which is equally important for the success of the club.

This exercise of sacking a full back-room staff , and requiring the new manager to bring in a complete new team , as shown our intent , that we have put finances and promotion , for once a top priority in the clubs short term future . You have to pay the going rate for quality and the board appear to have done that.

Short term success , also becomes long term success , with the correct team both in the board room , and football side . We may be a business , but our name also tells us that we are a football club , now perhaps with short and long term ambition .

For once we may well be making our own luck.

UTB

UTB

Exactly. Wait to see who it is and then watch the man for at least 12 months to see if he still has his own "mojo" and how he tackles the job.

If it is Adkins we could easily have negative research from Roybgiv when he collects the views of Reading supporters where he had a poor last few months in a relatively short time with them, parachute payments and all. On the other hand Southampton fans will speak in glowing terms surely. He must be good he signed Billy Sharp three times!

Whoever it is, it will take 12 months from now for us to judge him in the special environment of S2 which is a managers' graveyard. He has an unbalanced and unusual squad and it will be fascinating to see what the manager regards as priorities.

Exactly. Wait to see who it is and then watch the man for at least 12 months to see if he still has his own "mojo" and how he tackles the job.

If it is Adkins we could easily have negative research from Roybgiv when he collects the views of Reading supporters where he had a poor last few months in a relatively short time with them, parachute payments and all. On the other hand Southampton fans will speak in glowing terms surely. He must be good he signed Billy Sharp three times!

Whoever it is, it will take 12 months from now for us to judge him in the special environment of S2 which is a managers' graveyard. He has an unbalanced and unusual squad and it will be fascinating to see what the manager regards as priorities.

Forget waiting 12 months . Time is not on our side . We will have the barometer and gauge where we are going after the first 10 games or so . Time and tide waits for no man , especially the new manager at SUFC.

Every manager if you dig deep enough has negatives from previous clubs / supporters. The past is the past . It what he now does with us that counts . High pressure for him , yes . , but thats what he is getting paid for - To Deliver .

UTB.

We should have kept robson for 10 years or given a blackwell 5 years to prove himself
maybe danny wilson should have had a more sustained period of failure and losing the club money perhaps until all resources had dried up and we went into liquidation

Carver, speed weir and adams should all have carried on for much longer even though they were atrocious

Clough should have been given the keys to the city for his valiant attempts at taking non league sheff united to the most uninspiring damp suib of a play off attempt

So im with you even if the next guy has 0.000 win percentage after 30 years and the club now plays its games at stocksbridge park steels because the ground was sold to pay his wages at least we will be more attractive to new managers
You missed the caveat... But never mind sweet cheeks

Is this the first time ever, we have employed a manager the vast majority of fans wanted? And I don't think Clough was, I know I wanted Robinson.

Indeed - the biggest danger is thinking Adkins (if it is him) will be some sort of magical saviour.

EVERY manager gets the sack or leaves for pastures new. We are a club that "should" be able to hang on to Adkins as we can rightly call ourselves fully capable (like Stoke) of living in the Prem. That is not an arrogant statement, only that we can, given the right circumstances, compete in the top division.

Adkins might fall flat on his face in lets say your 12 month period - after all, managing is managing - coaching is coaching and we don't know yet who Adkins will bring in as coach. It is as much a coaches job as it is a manager to determine tactics, style of play etc.

We are still nothing more than a big fish in a little 3rd tier.

If it's Adkins, it will at least galvanised the greater majority of the supporters - if it's Parky..........well I dread to think..........well I can think and I can see ball after ball being lumped up to..........................Higdon!!!

Anyway, going to have a shit day today as I have to deal with BT, just hope something later cheers me up :)

UTB

Reactions: Dkc
How much would phipps tweeting a picture of Parkinson holding up our white home shirt make us all look like twats right now!??
I've become the ultimate pessimist with united, I can't help but think nothing is ever certain with us.

Read a few grumbles about how the board have handled the Clough situation.

Tbh I think they have acted very decisively. It feels like it's gone on for weeks but it took the board <7 days from 25 May - 2 June to remove Clough and Appoint Adkins. I think that was pretty impressive gives the dispersed nature of the board members.

One things for sure I'm happy with the commitment and ambition shown by the board, I'm happy with the new set up and I am looking forward to the restructuring and start of the season. Been years since all my stars felt so aligned :)

Back
Top Bottom