Relegation - The positives

• Thread starter Deleted member 1486
  • Start date

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

D

Deleted member 1486

I know we're not mathematically down yet, but I'm resigned to it.

This thread is for positives only, if you want to cry about it there are plenty of other threads to do that on. This thread is for positives only! No negativity!

1. New grounds to visit
2. Sheffield derby
3. Lots of local teams to play
4. I'm sick to death of the Championship, we've been stuck in this godforsaken league for 15 of the past 16 years (if memory serves me right). Of course I'd prefer to be in the Prem' but a season in another division would be a nice adventure (so long as we come back up again).
5. We'll be one of the larger clubs in the division, rather than just another average Championship side.
6. A chance to rebuild the club from ground up
7. Cheaper ticket prices (???)

Feel fee to add your own...

Agree with all but point 2. I have the derby's.

UTB

Relegation - The Positives-

Done.

5. We'll be one of the larger clubs in the division, rather than just another average Championship side.

(This doesn't mean we'll be guaranteed to win games. It means other teams will be more determined to beat us.)

(This doesn't mean we'll be guaranteed to win games. It means other teams will be more determined to beat us.)

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree completely with what you say. I think one of the reasons why relegated teams struggle so much is that smaller teams see games against them as a cup final.

What I meant by the comment is that it will be nice to be one of larger teams in the division capable of pulling in larger (than average) crowds.

easier parking around the ground
less queues at the chip shop,
more space in the lion(so i dont need to go on that diet keenzy)

Still only need 9 wins all though one against Leeds, Forest, QPR or Swansea might be difficult to get.

Have we had word from continental Europe as to the importance or otherwise of March yet?

Regarding point 2 - aint no guarantee that the pigs'll be still in that division, they've only managed to slightly stem the freefall

Regarding point 2 - aint no guarantee that the pigs'll be still in that division, they've only managed to slightly stem the freefall

10 points clear and 3 games in hand? I think they're safe.

I know we're not mathematically down yet, but I'm resigned to it.

This thread is for positives only, if you want to cry about it there are plenty of other threads to do that on. This thread is for positives only! No negativity!

1. New grounds to visit
2. Sheffield derby
3. Lots of local teams to play
4. I'm sick to death of the Championship, we've been stuck in this godforsaken league for 15 of the past 16 years (if memory serves me right). Of course I'd prefer to be in the Prem' but a season in another division would be a nice adventure (so long as we come back up again).
6. A chance to rebuild the club from ground up
7. Cheaper ticket prices (???)

Feel fee to add your own...

Have you been on the evo - stick?

When we got out of business, I'll have more free saturdays.

I couldn't think of any positives to relegation to division 3 the last two times we went down there, and I can't think of any now.

In fact, the first time we went down there, things just got worse and worse. I fear it may be the same this time. The squad is weak and without significant improvements to it, we will struggle.

In fact, the first time we went down there, things just got worse and worse. I fear it may be the same this time. The squad is weak and without significant improvements to it, we will struggle.

I still think this squad has enough ability to stay in this division,it's the manager that's causing the problems.

So a positive for being relegated is that Micky Adams will be binned.

More grounds where you can stand. Hopefully nowhere will charge over £30 either.

And that's about it.

Lots of negatives. We will be on TV a lot less, crap for exiles. I hate playing the pigs in whatever division.

But this is all academic of course because we're staying up. The revival starts with a win against Forest.

We might not lose every damn week.

I couldn't think of any positives to relegation to division 3 the last two times we went down there, and I can't think of any now.

There are always positives - it's just that they are far outweighed by the negatives.

Away ticket prices will be cheaper - that can only be a positive. sadly, it's coupled with the negative that it will be at grounds like Dagenham.

A personal positive - I get the chance to see United on >92 league grounds.

I've long since accepted that 95% of football clubs are just cannon fodder - and we're part of the 95%. Given that, I don't find the prospect of 3rd tier football quite as depressing as most. Still depressing mind....:)

UTB

Back
Top Bottom