Pros and cons of Premier League football

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
Pros:
  • 150-200 mill every year
  • Bragging rights

Cons:
  • No set routine, different days and times for games
  • Overpaid players that fall to the floor when you breathe near them
  • Nothing really to aim for for 13/20 clubs / not competetive
  • Need to spend 100s of millions to compete
  • Big club bias
  • VAR

Add your own....

Pros:
  • Bragging rights

Cons:
  • Big club bias

Add your own....
More cons
Not enough games
VAR

Have never seen our players fall to the floor so not sure why that's a con

It's not particularly enjoyable watching us going out each week having minimal possession and hanging on for grim death.

We've only scored 49 league goals (including today) in our last 57 league games.

The obvious goal for the football club is to play at the highest level, but from a personal point of view it was far more exciting following us in the Championship or even back in League One than it is turning up most weeks expecting to see us defend for long periods and score very few goals, even before lockdown.

Pros: The security and marketing it provides the club

Cons: Our naivety and lack of adaptability to the dirty games within it. rest fairly obvious...

I want to watch us compete with teams who have players like Harry Kane and Son who are two of the best players in the world. Watching us keep Jack Marriott quiet for 90 minutes isn’t anywhere near as appealing. This is heartbreaking to watch knowing we could be waiting another 10 years

More pros
Getting beaten by Spurs, Liverpool and Man U is preferable to getting beaten by Crewe, Oxford and Gillingham.

More cons
More trips to soulless stadiums. Give me Gresty Road over The Zanzibar Airlines Shiny Arena anytime.

Dont worry we've only got 19 PL games left then no more.

Then dont have to listen to Souness, Keane, etc etc.

Why is the extra money any sort of pro for the fans? It just means the players get paid more and the owners earn more. It has no positive for us that I can see.

Pros:
  • Bragging rights

Cons:
  • Big club bias
  • VAR

Add your own....
Woeful away ticket allocations.

Strange. There didn't seem to many very many 'cons' last season when we were playing dymanic football, adopted as everyone's second team, and upsetting the biggest teams in the land?
All of a sudden, we are crap and the Prem is all bad.
Give me the excitement and publicity of the Prem any day over the anonymous, grinding, shit of away days in Wycombe, Wigan, and Millwall that the Football League offers.
Only my opinion.
UTB

Strange. There didn't seem to many very many 'cons' last season when we were playing dymanic football, adopted as everyone's second team, and upsetting the biggest teams in the land?
Give me the excitement and publicity of the Prem any day over the anonymous, grinding, shit of away days in Wycombe, Wigan, and Millwall any day that the Football League offers.
Only my opinion.
UTB
I agree with this. You’re not allowed to say it though.

If we were sat mid table with 20 points it would be the best league in the world still.

Give me the excitement and publicity of the Prem any day over the anonymous, grinding, shit of away days in Wycombe, Wigan, and Millwall that the Football League offers.
Only my opinion.
UTB
Really? I think most of those cons were definitely brought up last season. Literally every week.

Really? I think most of those cons were definitely brought up last season. Literally every week.
Really? You'll have to point me in the direction of that particular thread.

I remember several of the thoughts being mentioned at various times but treated more with an element of contemptuous happiness that we were 'bucking the trend' and 'showing that it can be done with more limited resources, honest players, and a plain-speaking Manager'. I don't even remember that may people complaining about playing the occasional Sunday either.

Different world this season. And not just because of COVID.

UTB

Only my opinion.
UTB

Some people have very short memories. Apparently, playing in the Championship or League 1 equates to winning most weeks and not the year and years of shit football and poor results.

Really? You'll have to point me in the direction of that particular thread.

I remember several of the thoughts being mentioned at various times but treated more with an element of contemptuous happiness that we were 'bucking the trend' and 'showing that it can be done with more limited resources, honest players, and a plain-speaking Manager'. I don't even remember that may people complaining about playing the occasional Sunday either.

Different world this season. And not just because of COVID.

UTB
I'm not going to point you in the direction of the specific threads, just search 'kick off times' or 'VAR' though. I'm not fibbing honestly, they got quite a few mentions.

Having twats from timbuktu who've never even set foot in the country let alone been to a Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool match calling us shit on social media.

It's better to be good in the Premier league than good in the championship, but it's definitely more fun being good in the Championship than absolutely fucking dreadful in the Prem.

Let's just hope we can be good in the championship. Current form suggests we won't be, our player's track records says we will be very good.

Only my opinion.
UTB
Weren't many cons last season!

Var caused more in-game frustration than any other season ever. The endless diving, screaming, rolling.

Back
Top Bottom