Pre-season match in Spain?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
The results for the informal fans poll can be seen as follows, with Spain being the clear favourite on the forum:

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/ideal-pre-season-match.53293/

If the Blades went there for a friendly, where and against who would we like to go? (realistically ;) )

Should there be enough enthusiasm I might well contact the club to see if they'd be open to something like this being arranged

UTB

Elche for me
I think the teams would be well matched

And Santa Pola and Alicante are good nights out

The results for the informal fans poll can be seen as follows, with Spain being the clear favourite on the forum:

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/ideal-pre-season-match.53293/

If the Blades went there for a friendly, where and against who would we like to go? (realistically ;) )

Should there be enough enthusiasm I might well contact the club to see if they'd be open to something like this being arranged

UTB
Athletic Bilbao. Red and white stripes, industrial city, loyal supporters, great food. Plus they have a tradition that when a side visits their stadium for the first time, the visiting captain lays flowers at the bust of Pichichi, their greatest striker who died tragically young. Would love to see our current captain do that.

Certainly not saying that pre-season schedule should be up to us XD Though as I said a one off match might be something they'd be open to.

I'd put my vote down for Gimastic Tarragona by the way, close to Reus airport and Portaventura (theme park for those into that sort of thing) and under an hour from Barcelona, as well as a few few decent bars in the local towns nearby. Their team aren't great having actually seen them live but competitive enough and we'd be likely to win so would be quite enjoyable.

Real Mallorca - they look like getting relegated from Segunda B this season. Beat West Brom last pre-season. Need the money. Athletico Bellereas who also play in Palma (in blue & white stripes) could get into the play offs and replace Real Mallorca. They have never been that high.

The third division in Spain is regional and games are watched by a few hundred people. The Athletico stadium only holds a couple of thousand people - more people visit Ikea next door to their ground when they are at home than go to the game. Real Mallorca get 7-10,000 each home game.

Malaga if I had to choose. Nice close airport and cheap ale. Mind you I doubt the missus would let me go because we're going to Spain, Salou in September.

Yes please!
3 match Andalusia Tour obviously! Kicking off against Betis, followed up by the mighty Cordoba and finishing with Malaga (blue and white stripey shithouses that they are).

I certainly think there's scope for the club to improve on this front. Appreciate its down the the management generally but as a regular on pre-season tours; it's often very frustrating awaiting info from the club. It's hard to plan around family, booking time off work etc. when they publish details online a week before.

One example of another club is Oxford. They put out details of a trip to Spain last pre-season as early as January/February and options for fans to book.

So I'd be all for you contacting the club. Even if it meant that going forward the clubs tries to sort things a little earlier.

I would like Torrevieja as its 10 mins from my house and they used to get 2-3 k gates in the 3rd tier - Blades would love their ground !

Terrible state the clubs in this season
They are. Basically can't score. Got a good young lad who plays for them (Brandon) and a young full back coming through next year who looks like Jose Baxter! But other than that they are poor and on 3rd manager of season. Fantastic experience watching a game there though.

Playing last this week at Real Zaragoza (7.30 uk time on Sunday can watch it on Sportklub3 if you know how to get it). Already 4pts adrift of 3rd from bottom - could be much worse by the time they play.

Seems to be a fair bit of enthusiasm with some great suggestions, does anyone else want to suggest somewhere? Will email the club on Monday, not expecting anything, but perhaps something might be arranged. I remember Bournemouth played Real Madrid when they were in the championship XD whilst that is probably beyond us I can see a biggish club welcoming us. The plans were probably delayed depending which division we were going to be in Imo.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom