Players from Relegated teams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't get McGinn at all. Our midfield in general and Fleck in particular piss all over him every time we play Villa.
Agreed. It would be alright if McGinn was 21 and was willing to challenge Fleck long term but McGinn is 25 and won't be coming to us as backup.

Agreed. It would be alright if McGinn was 21 and was willing to challenge Fleck long term but McGinn is 25 and won't be coming to us as backup.
McGinn is right footed so would challenge Lundstram

People who make condescending, arrogant, dickhead responses are generally condescending, arrogant dickheads 👍

Condescending, arrogant, dickhead responses are often appropriate and one doesn't need to be a condescending, arrogant dickhead to make them 👍

Condescending, arrogant, dickhead responses are often appropriate and one doesn't need to be a condescending, arrogant dickhead to make them 👍
And yet the person who posts the most condescending, arrogant and dickhead posts happens to be all of those 👍

And yet the person who posts the most condescending, arrogant and dickhead posts happens to be all of those 👍

giphy.gif

Oooh just realised, Ryan Fredericks is at West Ham... he'd be a rate signing for RWB competition and not unrealistic

He's a good player but always bloody injured.
indeed... so was didzy though 🤷‍♂️

I actually think fredericks could be a mover if they go down, he is on darius henderson's agency who we've signed a few off now, lets just say i wouldn't bet against us being in for him

He is worth £20m because that's what West Ham paid for him.

I don't know what makes you think Bowen isn't good enough for the Premier League, he has played 2 games (I think) in the Prem, so no solid evidence to prove he isn't there.

Last 3 years Championship stats
Year, Appearances, goal contributions
19/20 - 29, 22
18/19 - 46, 26
17/18 - 42, 16

This whilst play right wing for a below league average Hull City.

Compare that with Ollie Watkins who a large amount of people on here would like to see us sign and would cost around £20m as well.

19/20 - 34, 25
18/19 - 41, 18
17/18 - 45, 15

Bowen is also a year younger.

Id take watkins tho hes built like a proper no9 bowen is more a winger turned forward like robinson

Emi Buendia anyone?

I can understand how he would catch the eye but IMHO he's neither good nor consistent enough. He's now in & out of the Norwich side and has made mistakes that have led to them conceding goals this season. I also can't think how he'd get into Utd's team and he wouldn't be a natural fit to Utd's preferred formation.

The full backs aside who would most probably be too expensive not to be signed as automatic starters, I don't think there's anyone I would take from them although I do think Pukki would be far more effective and score even more if he played in a front two. That said, he's probably several years too old to be considered by CWAK and Paul Mitch.

We really seem to be pushing into the foreign markets now, I think Wilder sees this as being the best way of acquiring value. How this move goes will be interesting to watch. He has little experience in those markets & a lot of our success has been built on great squad harmony (much of that, I'm sure, can be attrobuted to lots of compatible characters with shared senses of British / Irish humour).

I'm inclined to believe the reports that have linked us with Cakir the Turkish goalkeeper & the young Romanian lad Florien Coman.

But anyway, without giving too much thought to our system and how attainable these players are, the ones that spring to mind from those in the relegation mixer are as follows...

Brighton - Dunk, Burn, Maupay, Mooy,

Newcastle - Dubravka, S. Longstaff, Shelvey, Saint-Maximum.

Bournemouth - Ramsdale, Ake, Fraser, Wilson, King.

Aston Villa - Mings, McGinn, Grealish

West Ham - Antonio, Soucek, Snodgrass

Watford - Foster, Doucoura, Deeney

Norwich - Aarons, Lewis, Buendia.

Just watched Norwich 1st half that Buendia has put a right shift in for them, I think McGinn & Grealish would be well beyond what we could afford. I thought Antonio at Wet Spam was injury prone, very good player mind and he won't want Championship footy should they go down.

I'd give that Lewis a swerve if tonights anything to go by. Hes been shocking.

Buendia is exactly the sort of player who'd get us creating and scoring more if we fancy trying that again.

I'm not disagreeing Ricky as I think he's absolute class but where would he fit in out formation?

How about we sign no one from a relegated team.

Seriously, most of the players mentioned on this thread either aren't that good or get injured too often. I'd be shocked if we signed any of them!

He was far quieter than usual. Was disappointed with him.

How about we sign no one from a relegated team.

Seriously, most of the players mentioned on this thread either aren't that good or get injured too often. I'd be shocked if we signed any of them!

Andy Robertson , Harry maguire , Gini wjinaldum all from relegated teams I think

Back
Top Bottom