Perfect replacement for Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
He's got a great record!

Certainly better than the broken record on here at the moment...sick of seeing post after post criticising players, the management, the car park staff, the club shop, the lad who sweeps the drains, the ground...been about ten threads this week that have all said exactly the same thing, just in different ways.

Seems like some of you have short memories.

But, if you're serious and you really want Wilder out...this guy is available, what you saying?

IN WILDER WE TRUST

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201113-090315.png
    Screenshot_20201113-090315.png
    515.1 KB · Views: 50

He's got a great record!

Certainly better than the broken record on here at the moment...sick of seeing post after post criticising players, the management, the car park staff, the club shop, the lad who sweeps the drains, the ground...been about ten threads this week that have all said exactly the same thing, just in different ways.

But, if you're serious and you really want Wilder out...this guy is available, what you saying?

IN WILDER WE TRUST
Dyche is rumoured to be unhappy at Burnley.

He's got a great record!

IN WILDER WE TRUST
Don't do things like that. Stomach went queasy when his picture appeared.

He's got a great record!

IN WILDER WE TRUST
Yes I agree to a certain extent. But differing opinions on here make for a good forum. It’s the plebs that attack the players directly on Twitter that are the problem.

You can see the thinking though can't you, I mean the last time we fell through the net Neil Warnock was Manager, if only we had gotten rid and brought in Brian Robson that Christmas what a difference it would have made,
Then of course there was the season we fired Kevin Blackwell, and finished the season with Micky Adams, Happy Days........:rolleyes:🥴

Last edited:
We don't need any more of these wanker-threads.

I think the OP is just being 'funny' (tee hee hee) but it's getting more than a bit tedious when you look at the list of threads and half of them are slagging Ramsdale/Lunny/McBurnie/Norwood and Wilder.

The happy clappers among us know things are crap, we can see it with our own eyes, but we don't need multiple snidey threads attacking our team and individual players.

Just a thought....

Just what we needed, another thread saying exactly the same thing as about a billion others.

I'm not even sure there is one person on here that wants him out. Questioning decisions is not the same as saying I want him out. People are obsessed with taking other people's opinions out of context and trying to portray them as something else.

Interesting you should mention a broken record, these type of threads are dripping in irony in that regard. YES YOU LOVE WILDER WE ALL DO....100 Bladey Blade points to you though for starting another thread.

I think the OP is just being 'funny' (tee hee hee) but it's getting more than a bit tedious when you look at the list of threads and half of them are slagging Ramsdale/Lunny/McBurnie/Norwood and Wilder.

The happy clappers among us know things are crap, we can see it with our own eyes, but we don't need multiple snidey threads attacking our team and individual players.

Just a thought....
If you couldn't tell it was clear and blatant sarcasm, and a direct swipe at people having pops at the team and players, then I can't help ya mate.

Maybe read posts before you reply to them ey?

Just what we needed, another thread saying exactly the same thing as about a billion others.

I'm not even sure there is one person on here that wants him out. Questioning decisions is not the same as saying I want him out. People are obsessed with taking other people's opinions out of context and trying to portray them as something else.

Interesting you should mention a broken record, these type of threads are dripping in irony in that regard. YES YOU LOVE WILDER WE ALL DO....100 Bladey Blade points to you though for starting another thread.
I'm just responding to posts that I've seen with my own eyes where certain individuals are actually calling for his head, and saying they want him out.

My post was basically saying exactly what you've just said, that it's properly tiring seeing thread after thread moaning at and/or attacking the club, staff or players. Just tried to take a more light hearted approach with it.

And 100 Golden S24SU points to you for using the term "Bladey blade" in that case! As bandwagons go, it's not a bad one. FWIW although I've gone to odd games with friends and family all my life, I've only been an actual fan for about 8 years, so I'm really not that arsed about this "Bladey blade" stuff. It's only football when all's said and done.

Just trying to be a bit more light hearted about stuff, gets tiring reading endless negative threads and posts! But cheers for bringing a bit of it over here n all 😂

If you couldn't tell it was clear and blatant sarcasm, and a direct swipe at people having pops at the team and players, then I can't help ya mate.

Maybe read posts before you reply to them ey?
Not having a pop at you either btw I should coco - went to edit to change the tone but was too late!

All positivity here. Just wanted to clear that up!

(been a tough week) 😂

Not having a pop at you either btw I should coco - went to edit to change the tone but was too late!

All positivity here. Just wanted to clear that up!

(been a tough week) 😂

I know you were trying to take the piss out of the wanker-fan contingent but it's a fine line.
Another apparent thread for the non believers to put another boot in.

If you've nowt to say, say nowt.

I know you were trying to take the piss out of the wanker-fan contingent but it's a fine line.
Another apparent thread for the non believers to put another boot in.

If you've nowt to say, say nowt.
I was mainly just trying to be a bit more light hearted, wasn't looking to take the piss out of anyone really, that's not how I work! Just commenting on the situation.

Good point with your last sentence though, but if everyone followed that principle then it'd be a pretty dull forum!
Anyway, all's well that ends well

Wow, we are a sensitive lot aren't we (WASAW?)

How dare you start a new thread
How dare you suggest with blatant sarcasm that we should replace our Chris
How dare you try to be funny
How dare you be a happy clapper

What is the world coming to when a fan can't start a thread without having to apologise for it.

Yes I know I haven't used any question marks, that would have suggested I was asking questions that I wanted answers for.

Five years ago today we managed a 2-2 home draw at home to Southend. We lost the return match in March 2016 at Southend 3-1. I know we are not in a great position at the moment but I know where I'd prefer us to be.

Five years ago today we managed a 2-2 home draw at home to Southend. We lost the return match in March 2016 at Southend 3-1. I know we are not in a great position at the moment but I know where I'd prefer us to be.

Why do people feel the need to remind us of the fact we were shit and in League One recently? I hadn’t forgotten and I doubt anyone else has.

It doesn’t make me feel any better about being shit right now by pointing out how shit we were in the past. It’s like people are giving up on this season and are happy enough being back in the Championship because at least it’s better than League One.

Is it too much to ask to have a sustained run in the Premier League? To win a trophy? (or at least make a final) Play in Europe? Similar sized and smaller clubs have managed it, why can’t we?

Some of our fans are always happy to accept second best.

I've certainly not given up on this season but lots seem to have and are having a corrosive effect on the unity that has been around the club for the last four years. In recent years only Leicester have broken the stranglehold the top few clubs have had on trophies. I'd love the Blades to be a club that could do what you say but I will settle for survival this year.

Just a thought....

There's nowt snidey about mine. Why would I feel the need to be snidey? We're bottom of the PL having shipped a shitload of goals and have one solitary point. There are some on here who can't bear to see their totemic heroes criticised, whatever the outcomes. We aren't criticising them personally as human beings. We are criticising the 90 minutes they put in as professional footballers for the team we all support. I'm sure some also think the likes of Lunny, Ramsdale and Norwood have accounts on here and sit there in tears when posters opine that they possibly aren't up to PL standard. Makes me wonder how they cope when they are at away matches and the touchline is a cacophony of personal, private insults directed straight at them. I'm sure if I was on £30k a week I'd let it wash straight over me. Plus - and this is a key issue - what the actual fuck do 'we' know about the realities of professional footballing life? That's what separates us - the fans - from them - the players. Damned right.

If people want to have a forum whereby not one negative observation or criticism is offered, or it is censured in such a way that critics are silenced because they are hurting the feelings of players and fellow forum members then I'd imagine this place would empty pretty quickly. I recall getting personal heat back in the wilderness years from people because I'd made a few comments, yet we'd slid to a humiliating defeat to the likes of Shrewsbury or Peterborough. Some people simply have rose tinted binoculars on most of the time.

pommpey

There's nowt snidey about mine. Why would I feel the need to be snidey? We're bottom of the PL having shipped a shitload of goals and have one solitary point. There are some on here who can't bear to see their totemic heroes criticised, whatever the outcomes. We aren't criticising them personally as human beings. We are criticising the 90 minutes they put in as professional footballers for the team we all support. I'm sure some also think the likes of Lunny, Ramsdale and Norwood have accounts on here and sit there in tears when posters opine that they possibly aren't up to PL standard. Makes me wonder how they cope when they are at away matches and the touchline is a cacophony of personal, private insults directed straight at them. I'm sure if I was on £30k a week I'd let it wash straight over me. Plus - and this is a key issue - what the actual fuck do 'we' know about the realities of professional footballing life? That's what separates us - the fans - from them - the players. Damned right.

If people want to have a forum whereby not one negative observation or criticism is offered, or it is censured in such a way that critics are silenced because they are hurting the feelings of players and fellow forum members then I'd imagine this place would empty pretty quickly. I recall getting personal heat back in the wilderness years from people because I'd made a few comments, yet we'd slid to a humiliating defeat to the likes of Shrewsbury or Peterborough. Some people simply have rose tinted binoculars on most of the time.

pommpey

It's all about opinions and you are perfectly entitled to yours.

I'd argue you go over the top in your criticism of Norwood and Berge, but that's just my view.

It's all about opinions and you are perfectly entitled to yours.

I'd argue you go over the top in your criticism of Norwood and Berge, but that's just my view.

I'm not as critical of Berge these days. He is showing some pleasing aspects of his game and abilities. However, he is alone in a midfield which now is dysfunctional and has players like Norwood, who to me is not PL standard, and is a 'flair' midfielder from the Championship. We cannot afford to carry such a player just because he (on occasion) clips eye-pleasing balls across to the flanks. It's great when the rest of your team are PL standard and are in space or you yourself have the minerals to make it work - like Ziyech for example - but Norwood doesn't have that and as said, is easily overwhelmed in midfield. Oppositions at this level will find the pressure points and press accordingly - our right side is stronger and less susceptible to being broached but the left side, and the pivot, Norwood, are weak, and that is where we are shipping goals from in free play.

We need to bring Ampadu into that role because he has far more in his toolkit. He is also stronger and faster than Norwoodand has a better footballing brain, even at a young age. That, and a change in formation, will be the only way we'll start to climb. If Wilder continues with 5-3-2 and relies on Norwood, Lundstram and McGoldrick as starting options, we can expect much of the same as what we've had.

And by fuck, we do not want to lose Wilder.

pommpey

Why do people feel the need to remind us of the fact we were shit and in League One recently? I hadn’t forgotten and I doubt anyone else has.

It doesn’t make me feel any better about being shit right now by pointing out how shit we were in the past. It’s like people are giving up on this season and are happy enough being back in the Championship because at least it’s better than League One.

Is it too much to ask to have a sustained run in the Premier League? To win a trophy? (or at least make a final) Play in Europe? Similar sized and smaller clubs have managed it, why can’t we?

Some of our fans are always happy to accept second best.
“Some of our fans are always happy to accept second best.”

And others remember how far we’ve come so quickly and how much of that is down to our outstanding manager.

...........no one can replace chris wilder.............. but my 2 id choose are frank lampard or claudio ranieri...utb..

He's got a great record!

IN WILDER WE TRUST
Best man for the job Chris Wilder

...........no one can replace chris wilder.............. but my 2 id choose are frank lampard or claudio ranieri...utb..
Ranieri has duly been added to my own personal short list. Probably more chance of me getting the last year of my life back though.

Ranieri has duly been added to my own personal short list. Probably more chance of me getting the last year of my life back though.
Well we can cross Nigel Adkins off the list now he's gone to Charlton. How anyone is still employing this clown is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom