Paddy kenny

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
Paddy kenny in pets at home peaks, feels sorry for blades fans.. Was forced out the club thinks the youth are brilliant very hesitant in what he said wouldn't give much away, expects to be at qpr next season.. Still loves the club [united]. legend #utb

Genuine guy he is from how he spoke to me.

Forced out in a "they wouldn't double my wages like QPR" kind of way.

Kenny signifies everything that's wrong about modern footballers.

UTB

Forced out in a "they wouldn't double my wages like QPR" kind of way.

Kenny signifies everything that's wrong about modern footballers.

UTB

Didn't we reduce his wages after the cough mixture fiasco, but with a proviso that he could go for £750K if someone was willing to offer him more?

I think the reduction was justified after his utter stupidity meant we lost him for the whole of 2009/10 more or less but the proviso was a bit stupid on SUFC's part.

Mind you, if gratitude and loyalty meant anything in football (which it doesn't), PK should have declined QPR.

Mind you, if gratitude and loyalty meant anything in football (which it doesn't), PK should have declined QPR.

That's my point. And many people say that we'd all do the same if someone offered us big pay rises. I can honestly say that I've made several life changing decisions that cost me financially - and wealth like that of a professional footballer affords you far more choices.

UTB

Paddy kenny in pets at home peaks, feels sorry for blades fans.. Was forced out the club thinks the youth are brilliant very hesitant in what he said wouldn't give much away, expects to be at qpr next season.. Still loves the club [united]. legend #utb

Genuine guy he is from how he spoke to me.

Bless his little cotton socks, the prick.

He is learning all the right words ,it is a pity he could not read the kin medicie bottle .r

love it

Used to like the judas. If we had him last season then we would still be in the championship

are you all so dim that you cant see he was one of very few saleable assets left to flog off? the cough medicine fiasco was stupid yes but yet another player cast aside for whatever money we can get in for him and painted in a bad light

are you all so dim that you cant see he was one of very few saleable assets left to flog off? the cough medicine fiasco was stupid yes but yet another player cast aside for whatever money we can get in for him and painted in a bad light

Nope. I don't really blame him for leaving - very few people would be loyal to their employer if they can double their money elsewhere, despite the support he had previously. But what defined him as a bit of a tosser was proclaiming his loyalty and how much he owed United before nicking off.

Yeah, the club stood by him for a year and carried on paying his wages. Then his thanks was to piss off at the first possible chance. Nobhead personified.

Yeah, the club stood by him for a year and carried on paying his wages. Then his thanks was to piss off at the first possible chance. Nobhead personified.

can none of you see mccabe rubbed his hands at the prospect of cashing in, this after we'd just about survived a year of bunn and simonsen?

can none of you see mccabe rubbed his hands at the prospect of cashing in, this after we'd just about survived a year of bunn and simonsen?

He had a contract with us. Nobody could force him to leave. And he "owed us so much".

McCabe's intentions make little difference to me here.

UTB

To be honest, I've no idea whether he was forced out or was blinded by the cash. All I know is he was excellent for us pre-ban, looked as though he was still at his best when he returned, and was voted in the Championship team of the year (plus QPR's fans player of the year and players' player of the year, beating Taarabt for both). 750k? A terrible piece of business, completely avoidable, and a key contributor to our relegation.

He had a contract with us. Nobody could force him to leave. And he "owed us so much".

McCabe's intentions make little difference to me here.

UTB

where were those same contracts when people came knocking for the kyles??? he was sold because he was a saleable asset. end of.

where were those same contracts when people came knocking for the kyles??? he was sold because he was a saleable asset. end of.

Slow down and breath Pupp.

They are exactly the same contracts. The club can't break them. The players have to agree. Though you want to blame ALL our ills on McCabe (and he deserves flack), there's more to it that that. Writing end of at the end of our post doesn't make it right. FACT.

:)

UTB

Vast majority of posts on here are incredibky naive.

Yes we could have sacked Paddy, but McCabe knew if we did that Paddy would walk into another decent club when his ban was up. Therefore we offered him a deal on reduced wages. Paddy, signed it on basis that it included a £750k release fee. we paid him say £200k over the year and make a £550k profit rather than nowt if we sack him.

It's just the way things work - Paddy looking after number one and McCabe looking after SUFC.

Slow down and breath Pupp.

They are exactly the same contracts. The club can't break them. The players have to agree. Though you want to blame ALL our ills on McCabe (and he deserves flack), there's more to it that that. Writing end of at the end of our post doesn't make it right. FACT.

:)

UTB

Football is no different to any industry. If your boss comes up to you and says that you have no future with a firm then you will look for another job contract or no contract. It makes me laugh that loyalty is demanded by fans but is not reciprocated.

Vast majority of posts on here are incredibky naive.

Yes we could have sacked Paddy, but McCabe knew if we did that Paddy would walk into another decent club when his ban was up. Therefore we offered him a deal on reduced wages. Paddy, signed it on basis that it included a £750k release fee. we paid him say £200k over the year and make a £550k profit rather than nowt if we sack him.

It's just the way things work - Paddy looking after number one and McCabe looking after SUFC.

Mic has got it right. As Darren says, we offered him a reduced contract after the cough meidcine stuff. We could have sacked him, but then we would have lost a transfer fee. We 'stuck by him' (i.e. McCabe ensured a transfer fee) but on lower wages. Paddy was pissed off, but prefered to take less cash than be left on the scrapheap. Hence him and his agent battled for a sell out clause. £750k for a 32 year old seemed reasonable, but turned out to be incredibly short sighted.

As for Paddy, well only a lunatic would have turned down QPR's offer. His last chance of a big money contract, his last chance at a crack at the PL, the ability to work with a better manager, the chance to jump ship and play for a bigger, better club and more cash. He would have been an absolute muppet to turn that down*.

* For the record I think he is a pillock for saying all the 'I owe the club' stuff. I think it is mpore stupidity than anything else. I understand why people call him a cunt, but think the move was in his best interests. In the same cirumstances, I would have moved ..... but then most of you on here know that I am a cunt!? :D

paddy kennyy.. for manager?? :D.. noo alright then..
we offered him a shit contract that he couldn't turn down just so that he would be ours to sell when the ban ran out.. they guy is an international standard keeper it was a no brainer someone would come in for him.. maccabe saw the $$ signs as usual and he was gone..

Football is no different to any industry. If your boss comes up to you and says that you have no future with a firm then you will look for another job contract or no contract. It makes me laugh that loyalty is demanded by fans but is not reciprocated.

He had as much future as the contract he signed determined. Nothing had changed. Unlike any other business, when football clubs go tits up, the players contracts are still honoured. It's nothing like my boss telling me the firms closing, or I'm getting the elbow. The idea of being "forced out" is one used by overpaid footballers to justify complete greed.

Fans in general pay silly money for a product they could generally acquire far better elsewhere, but choose not to out of blind loyalty. I don't understand you point there.

UTB

Didnt stop him giving it to Blades fans at Loftus road.

The original post is also a mighty contrast to what he apaprently said one night in napoleons, along the lines of United are fucked na dhe couldnt care less.

Irregardless of the two contrasting tales, hes still a cunt

Regardless of the crap. Paddy Kenny will always remain in my eyes as one of the best players we had in the early noughties.

Regardless of the crap. Paddy Kenny will always remain in my eyes as one of the best players we had in the early noughties.

Agree.

Whatever happened, and only Kenny will know exactly, history will show he made a smart career move and was widely regarded as the best goalie in the division by some margin.

Agree with the above. Great player. It was just one week he says he owes it all to united and the fans and the next week leaves.

saleable asset. why are we debating anything other than thaat?

Back
Top Bottom