Old big nose

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
"Best bunch of players i've ever worked with"......"Great set of supporters". Stop it Colin. You say the same thing at every club you go to.
A true Blade would make sure he set's his team up against us in a crafty way to make sure we get the win.
Come on Neil, show us your Bladeyness!

download (3).jpg

It will be interesting seeing him and Wilder on the touchline together. I wonder how much respect they have for each other?

I really hope we get something from this, a point would be excellent, as it should have been on Saturday. Can't see it though, I think Barnsley are in for a tonking though.

Give over. The bloke gave everything for this club and he's a great character to still have in the game.

So what if he's a bit arrogant and talks shite sometimes? All the best managers do.

Don't understand why people still feel the need to slag him off when he's at least the second best manager we've had in the past 30 years.

Give over. The bloke gave everything for this club and he's a great character to still have in the game.

So what if he's a bit arrogant and talks shite sometimes? All the best managers do.

Don't understand why people still feel the need to slag him off when he's at least the second best manager we've had in the past 30 years.

Didn't know you rated Micky Adams so highly

"Best bunch of players i've ever worked with"......"Great set of supporters". Stop it Colin. You say the same thing at every club you go to.
A true Blade would make sure he set's his team up against us in a crafty way to make sure we get the win.
Come on Neil, show us your Bladeyness!

View attachment 29561

He is by far the biggest cunt in football, and that saying some, with all the cunts in the game. But nobody comes within a 100 miles of him in the cunt stakes.

Is that the twat that went for the job at Portsmouth a week before a Sheffield derby in a promotion season? The only thing Colin loves is himself. Looks like his missus irons his face every morning what a twat.

Disagree mate. Pompey came in with big money (they never had) and he spoke to them about their intent, which anyone could see was utter bollocks. I don't think there was anything more than that. He was also winding the board up who did nothing to stop Pompey approaching him.

pommpey

He is by far the biggest cunt in football, and that saying some, with all the cunts in the game. But nobody comes within a 100 miles of him in the cunt stakes.

Is that the twat that went for the job at Portsmouth a week before a Sheffield derby in a promotion season? The only thing Colin loves is himself. Looks like his missus irons his face every morning what a twat.

I never liked him when he was here. I think he was a good motivator of players, he could certainly get them fired up, that's for sure. And it was always interesting with his frequent wheeling and dealing, things were never dull. But he had more time to sort out that club than has been afforded to any manager in the recent past and it took him an age before he eventually he got us back to the top flight. Along the way we had to endure a lot of scaredy-cat tactics, setting the team up defensively to stop other teams doing things to us, especially away from home. He was so worried about what other teams might do to us, it was like watching two different teams at home and away. He also bought lots of players and never played them, especially strikers. One ex player accused him of asking players to pay him to get in the team. That would be quite easy to do wouldn't it if you had a lot of competition for a few places? The ex player later retracted that statement and the whole thing was buried.

But the main reason I disliked him was he was a total embarrassment. I think he's the most arrogant man ever to manage our club. A PR disaster.

Disagree mate. Pompey came in with big money (they never had) and he spoke to them about their intent, which anyone could see was utter bollocks. I don't think there was anything more than that. He was also winding the board up who did nothing to stop Pompey approaching him.

pommpey
Sorry mate but that is bollocks he was fishing for a better contract when he should have been concentrating on team matters, the best thing McCabe ever did for this club was getting rid of that embarrassing cunt.

He was given a lot of time to turn things around at the club, but why is that such an issue? If he hadn't where would we be now? McCabe's managerial appointments between Warnock and Wilder have been generally poor, so there's no real basis to say we could have pushed on any more than we did.

Neil was always his worst enemy though, I agree on that point.

Is that the twat that went for the job at Portsmouth a week before a Sheffield derby in a promotion season?

Really ruined both the derby and our chances for promotion...

Warnock quite understandably was probably getting rather annoyed that his position at the club was being taken for granted, i.e we could pay him less, give him less transfer budget than his counterparts elsewhere, because he's a Blade that would never dream of leaving the club. He deserved a new contract based on his promotion. I can't imagine any other manager of the club that would following a promotion be left with a one-year deal. Adding a year with a moderate wage increase would have taken the whole issue off the table, and would have been peanuts in the event he was moved on early. The whole incident was the start of the multiyear period of McCabe mishandling key decisions of the club.

How come whenever we play a Warnock team or his name comes up, his achievements aren't mentioned first- it's always "He should have got better cover for our strikers in the PL" or "he flirted with Portsmouth" or "He was begging to manage the Pigs" or "He's a twat".

In my eyes, Warnock will always be a hero. As a boyhood Blades fan who took us to the PL his achievements top Wilder's so far. I doubt the two men know each other well but I'm sure they'll have plenty to talk about. Aren't they from around the same area of Sheffield too? (Could be wrong)

I never liked him when he was here. I think he was a good motivator of players, he could certainly get them fired up, that's for sure. And it was always interesting with his frequent wheeling and dealing, things were never dull. But he had more time to sort out that club than has been afforded to any manager in the recent past and it took him an age before he eventually he got us back to the top flight. Along the way we had to endure a lot of scaredy-cat tactics, setting the team up defensively to stop other teams doing things to us, especially away from home. He was so worried about what other teams might do to us, it was like watching two different teams at home and away. He also bought lots of players and never played them, especially strikers. One ex player accused him of asking players to pay him to get in the team. That would be quite easy to do wouldn't it if you had a lot of competition for a few places? The ex player later retracted that statement and the whole thing was buried.

But the main reason I disliked him was he was a total embarrassment. I think he's the most arrogant man ever to manage our club. A PR disaster.
It took him that much time because of the state we were in when he took the job.
We were utter garbage at the time and going nowhere except sinking. Don't you recall that?

He's done a similar job at Cardiff (albeit a higher starting point than when he took over with us). They were floundering and sinking after their foray in the Premier league left them full of players on the way down and on big contracts.

I'm not saying I'd prefer an evening on the beers with Warnock as opposed to Wilder but there is no denying (QPR, Palace, etc) Neil Warnock knows his onions. And he was in charge for some of the most memorable moments in many fans living memories. He put the pride and passion back in this club at a time when it was absolutely on it's arse.

As S64 Blade stated, "Neil was always his worst enemy though, I agree on that point."

Same owd same owd....just shunt everything onto the old manager(s) to deflect attention away from the boards failings.

Funny how old Harry came in out of left field to get the job even bamboozling the bookies.

Here's a question, how many times have we actually played against teams managed by him ?

Without checking, there's QPR since he left us, that embarrassing 0-3 which saw the end of his mate Kev, but I suspect there aren't many if any more ?

Really ruined both the derby and our chances for promotion...

Warnock quite understandably was probably getting rather annoyed that his position at the club was being taken for granted, i.e we could pay him less, give him less transfer budget than his counterparts elsewhere, because he's a Blade that would never dream of leaving the club. He deserved a new contract based on his promotion. I can't imagine any other manager of the club that would following a promotion be left with a one-year deal. Adding a year with a moderate wage increase would have taken the whole issue off the table, and would have been peanuts in the event he was moved on early. The whole incident was the start of the multiyear period of McCabe mishandling key decisions of the club.

Because many of us knew he wasn't good enough at the top level as was proved. Had he kept us up he would have no doubt got the contract award. He didn't do he went. The replacements afterwards were where we royally fucked up. What shouldn't be airbrushed from history however is the fact Warnock got us up.

Because many of us knew he wasn't good enough at the top level as was proved. Had he kept us up he would have no doubt got the contract award. He didn't do he went.

Imagine the scenario. Wilder gets us promoted entering the last year of his contract. Do we wait till the end of the season to see how he does in the Premier League before dealing with his contract? Or do we give him a slight extension to his deal, enabling him to fully focus on the job and have at least the appearance of stability for when he was managing existing players and going after transfer targets?

Not saying Warnock was not a good manager but like Bladesway says he was never good enough at the top level. What he is good at is rescuing clubs that are on their arse short term like he did at Rotherham, a good motivator and will get the best out of shit. How he lasted so long at SUFC I will never know, he should have won promotion much earlier than he did pre game bust ups and the side he put out in Cardiff handed Wolves an easy win, not forgetting the embarrassment when we had the battle of Bramall lane, he knew what would happen but did nothing to stop it giving that obnoxious cunt Megson all the ammunition needed to drag the clubs name through the mud.

Here's a question, how many times have we actually played against teams managed by him ?

Without checking, there's QPR since he left us, that embarrassing 0-3 which saw the end of his mate Kev, but I suspect there aren't many if any more ?
Had a rather large bet on his Crystal Palace side beating Robbo's mish mash in Dec 2007.

The odds were 13/5 on a Palace win , our season was going nowhere in a not going up not going down sort of way, the temptation proved too much as I was certain that it was 'written' he would prevail.

Felt a bit dirty not wanting us to equalise as we poured forward in the last few minutes but , hey , it sorted Crimbo out ......

Sorry mate but that is bollocks he was fishing for a better contract when he should have been concentrating on team matters, the best thing McCabe ever did for this club was getting rid of that embarrassing cunt.
as others have noted i also used to wince when he came on tv but would also have to say that McCabe's biggest ever mistake was letting him go when we got relegated.. he would have got us straight back up.

Not saying Warnock was not a good manager but like Bladesway says he was never good enough at the top level. What he is good at is rescuing clubs that are on their arse short term like he did at Rotherham, a good motivator and will get the best out of shit. How he lasted so long at SUFC I will never know, he should have won promotion much earlier than he did pre game bust ups and the side he put out in Cardiff handed Wolves an easy win, not forgetting the embarrassment when we had the battle of Bramall lane, he knew what would happen but did nothing to stop it giving that obnoxious cunt Megson all the ammunition needed to drag the clubs name through the mud.

Here's your answer - we had many, many marvellous times under Warnock.

Back
Top Bottom