Nottingham Forest v Sheffield United - 30/09/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not_a_Cheat

Reaction score
Well what a week it's been so far, now raising the Mighty Blades up to second in the table, and this afternoon seeking our seventh win in eight games! Another stern test away at Nottingham Forest, but yet it now feels we are capable of pretty much anything in La Liga. Out of form Forest will be looking for a positive result going into the international break, while we potentially - if unlikely - could be sat top of the table.....

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Donaldson back in contention?

How do you dislodge Clarke though?

Billy presumably still out?

So an unchanged side again?

Or shuffle the pack a little due to three games in quick succession?

Sure to be a great following, and if the players show anything like the passion and quality of the last few games, then we should be in for a treat. Confidence is sky high at the moment, and probably totally opposite to our opponents. That said, we know how these games can go, history wise, but it feels totally different under CW. Time will tell, but I'll go for a 2-1 Blades victory. Whatever the result, though, I doubt there'll be much to moan about over the next 10 days or so......

Safe journey Blades, and bring us the 3 points back!

UTB

Anyone out in or has recently been to Vilamoura know of any bars that may be persuaded to show a live feed of the match please ?

If we pick anything up here it would top a good month for us. If offered, I would have took 9 points at the beginning of September.

I'll go for 2-1 Blades (Coutts & Brooks)

Just the sort of game where we'd traditionally catch a cold.

Despite our terrific start there are NO easy games in this league.

Seems the best way to beat us is the Norwich formula. Not sure the Florist fans will accept that sort of tactic at home.

First goal will be crucial.
We have not turned a result around when conceding first. Lost all of the games we have conceded first.

Wilder doesn't do draws. He plays to win.

Verdict 1-1

Seems the best way to beat us is the Norwich formula. Not sure the Florist fans will accept that sort of tactic at home.

We have not turned a result around when conceding first. Lost all of the games we have conceded first.

Verdict 1-1

Norwich had certainly done their homework on us to good effect (for them), however if we'd had a few more 100% fit options up top I don't think they'd have gone away with 3 points.

I can see him making a couple of changes today as 3 games in 7 days takes its toll. Not sure who he'll drop though as I think that will depend on who is carrying any knocks. Not advocating it but maybe Brooks will be on the the bench with Duffy or Carruthers starting ?

I'm inclined to be cautious, unless we're on top of our game it might be a tricky one, they could be unpredictable like Norwich. That said, they're out of form and Wednesday beat them comfortably, in the end, Wolves and Villa, being in form, beating them.

I think if we start well, like we did against Wednesday and Wolves, piling the pressure on and forcing the errors, Wednesday giving away a freekick in a dangerous area and Wolves losing Coady after Clarke got in behind him, then we should be able to get an early goal.

They'll be aware of the way we start games, so they will perhaps try to weather the storm, but if we get an early goal then it forces them out.

If this happens then i can see us getting a 0-3

Norwich had certainly done their homework on us to good effect (for them), however if we'd had a few more 100% fit options up top I don't think they'd have gone away with 3 points.
Agreed. The times the ball flashed across the area (like Clarke's opener vs Wolves) without a striker there (shows why Evans is still a way off until he can get fully fit) was evidence that we could have won that with one of Sharp, Clarke or Donaldson being in the side (even Hanson).

I can see him making a couple of changes today as 3 games in 7 days takes its toll. Not sure who he'll drop though as I think that will depend on who is carrying any knocks. Not advocating it but maybe Brooks will be on the the bench with Duffy or Carruthers starting ?
Not sure he will. International break coming up so plenty of time to rest after this. Wilder will want to keep the pressure up. And in his teams, if you have earned the shirt then you keep it.

Verdict 1-1

Obviously that's factually correct, but we've only played ten games. There's no doubt that there's an abundance of character in this team and they're more than capable of winning after conceding first. What they did at the Piggery was analogous (and magnificently wonderful of course).

Verdict Nil-Nil with Forest not scoring first.

Obviously that's factually correct, but we've only played ten games. There's no doubt that there's an abundance of character in this team and they're more than capable of winning after conceding first. What they did at the Piggery was analogous (and magnificently wonderful of course).

Verdict Nil-Nil with Forest not scoring first.
It waint be 0-0, Pinchy, feller.

Btw, when I typed that first time, instead of 0-0, it came out as 0-9
Omen or chody thumbs?
You decide.

Forest are all over the place regards consistency and their fans don’t know what to make of it.
They play well and lose. Then next game play poorly but win.

Probably the most inconsistent team in the league.
They’ve been playing reasonably well but on a losing run.

Really think the key is 1st goal.
If we start well and score, think their heads will drop due to a lack of confidence.
If Forest score first, then it’ll be a massive boost and give them something to fight for.

Not sure he will. International break coming up so plenty of time to rest after this. Wilder will want to keep the pressure up. And in his teams, if you have earned the shirt then you keep it.

Not sure that's right mate. As I see it, he often rotates the squad when we have a concentration of matches in a short period. Bristol last year being but one example. Others will remember more, I'm sure.

I think, from looking at his Tweet, Donaldson is back in contention (he tweeted something like "back to doing what I do best"), so I think big Leon starting and maybe if he tires in the second half, Donaldson coming on?

Not sure if CW and AK would play Clarke and Donaldson together, but what a handful they would be for any defensive line in this league.

Well what a week it's been so far, now raising the Mighty Blades up to second in the table, and this afternoon seeking our seventh win in eight games! Another stern test away at Nottingham Forest, but yet it now feels we are capable of pretty much anything in La Liga. Out of form Forest will be looking for a positive result going into the international break, while we potentially - if unlikely - could be sat top of the table.....

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Donaldson back in contention?

How do you dislodge Clarke though?

Billy presumably still out?

So an unchanged side again?

Or shuffle the pack a little due to three games in quick succession?

Sure to be a great following, and if the players show anything like the passion and quality of the last few games, then we should be in for a treat. Confidence is sky high at the moment, and probably totally opposite to our opponents. That said, we know how these games can go, history wise, but it feels totally different under CW. Time will tell, but I'll go for a 2-1 Blades victory. Whatever the result, though, I doubt there'll be much to moan about over the next 10 days or so......

Safe journey Blades, and bring us the 3 points back!

UTB
Got a niggly feeling about this one that won't go away....feels like the sort of game we might come unstuck. Hope I'm wrong.
I would stick with the same team today, if it's not broke don't try and fix it...

Forest are all over the place regards consistency and their fans don’t know what to make of it.
They play well and lose. Then next game play poorly but win.

Probably the most inconsistent team in the league.
They’ve been playing reasonably well but on a losing run.

Really think the key is 1st goal.
If we start well and score, think their heads will drop due to a lack of confidence.
If Forest score first, then it’ll be a massive boost and give them something to fight for.

Think the last five results for Forest are -

Lost Lost Won Lost Lost

Someone will correct me if wrong.

It waint be 0-0, Pinchy, feller.

Btw, when I typed that first time, instead of 0-0, it came out as 0-9
Omen or chody thumbs?
You decide.

I hope not. I've paid three of my hard-earned quids to watch it at The Lane. I shall boo from afar and shout loudly "gerritintbox" if we're not 2-0 up within half an hour.

Think the last five results for Forest are -

Lost Lost Won Lost Lost

Someone will correct me if wrong.

I know a Forest fan.
He says recently they’ve been playing really well in spells but shit in other parts of the game.
He still can’t work out whether they’re a good side or not.
He says if they click they’ll beat us, but he’s starting to worry that they might be shite.

I think, from looking at his Tweet, Donaldson is back in contention (he tweeted something like "back to doing what I do best"), so I think big Leon starting and maybe if he tires in the second half, Donaldson coming on?

Not sure if CW and AK would play Clarke and Donaldson together, but what a handful they would be for any defensive line in this league.

I would. Maybe not today because Clayton is not match fit and you can't leave Brooksy out. I just sense Lion and The Don would be, I can't put it better, a real handful and score goals.

Watch that 'defensive line' though. Sounds a bit NFL... :)

Not sure that's right mate. As I see it, he often rotates the squad when we have a concentration of matches in a short period. Bristol last year being but one example. Others will remember more, I'm sure.

Very rare last season, o e of the reasons for our consistency, he's done it more this season either for tactical reasons, injuries or to rest players, however I think (if fit) will go with the same team. Hopefully anyway. Bring on Donaldson mid way through second half to kill them off with pace.

I would. Maybe not today because Clayton is not match fit and you can't leave Brooksy out. I just sense Lion and The Don would be, I can't put it better, a real handful and score goals.

Watch that 'defensive line' though. Sounds a bit NFL... :)

Yeah, soz Pinch, late night last night, coffee not kicked in yet!

I'm expecting us to beat these if we play like we have been doing. Their toss

A win today would be huge.
Three games in quick succession is a biggie with the high pressing tempo we've deployed this last week,but as its being already mentioned,a winning team shouldn't get tired.
Those lads should be buzzing.
Clarke has to start today whilst he is in a good frame of mind.
I expect a bit more attacks from forest as they are naturally at home,but they have blown more cold than hot.
I think they will press hard and leave themselves sceptable at the back leaving us to do what we do best-bust them open quickly.
0-2Clarke and o Connell.
Utb.

I hope not. I've paid three of my hard-earned quids to watch it at The Lane. I shall boo from afar and shout loudly "gerritintbox" if we're not 2-0 up within half an hour.
That were 9 to us btw. Away team score, second

Back
Top Bottom