Norwich are taking the Piss

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good job we did not have him when Martin Pike played for us....

Tufty...
"Ohhhh Pike take the LCB spot.....and you Godfrey take the RCB spot.........."
"Yes Cap".....
:tumbleweed: đź‘€
i've escaped again....
“Oh and Pike...”
(Hobbling) ”Yes Cap...”
”Don’t tell me you’re lame!“

Suspect you’re right
but in a way the OP is right too......it does seem that they’ve gained promotion with no real effort/ ambition to stay up.

There was 3 very different models being used by the promoted clubs, all 3 are very very different.
Villa spend 110 million, Blades spend 45 million and Norwich spend 1 million.

Surely the Norwich fans couid have expected to spend something, instead of meekly surrendering.
Maybe Delia and co think the market was massively inflated, so they’ve deliberately held back their budget to spend next year.
They are Brentford in yellow, bur slightly luckier. It's all about the model. Long term success trumps all.

The problem is, fans get annoyed, owners get impatient and managers/DoF's get fired. Then you're back up shit creek

They’re skint. They need the PL money to pay off massive debts.

Am I the only one who doesn't see Pukki going for more than a few million to some championship fancying promotion? Not saying I wouldn't have him on bench, but can't imagine anybody dropping good money on a 29 year old (30 before the season ends) relatively unproven striker.
He’s from Finland and he’s a good finisher.

Really ? Hope that quote doesn’t come back to bite you/us on the arse.
Like the “mind the gap season”

To be fair, I don't think saying Norwich are looking like relegation candidates is in anyway saying we're safe.

if they have debts to pay then fair enough but the idea that they straighten themselves out and go again with the same players is a fantasy plan

Their very best players will get poached and as we know, spending it wisely on replacements isn't as easy as it looks.

Ask Stoke fans amongst others how hard it can be to fall into the Championship and just blow other teams away

Whether Norwich go down or stay up, Cantwell looks a cracking player and I couldn’t believe it when he was on the bench against us on Sunday, he’s worth bidding for in January as he’s the missing link we’ve been looking for.

Whatever Norwich's 'grand plan', it's Brentford who baffle me. Apparently, they employ 150 stattos to scour the globe for talent etc but surely if they hadn't sold their key players in the last couple of years, they'd have been in the PL?

And if they're so savvy, how come they let Egan & O'Connell leave?

Will be interesting to see how many they sell. They could make an absolute fortune. Godfrey, Cantwell, Aarons, Buendia and Pukki will all have interest.

Hope to see us in for 1/2 if we can afford Cantwell he'd be my number 1.

Am I the only one who doesn't see Pukki going for more than a few million to some championship fancying promotion? Not saying I wouldn't have him on bench, but can't imagine anybody dropping good money on a 29 year old (30 before the season ends) relatively unproven striker.

I suspect he'll end up at whichever club wins the play-offs.

Hope to see us in for 1/2 if we can afford Cantwell he'd be my number 1.

Well it seems that Arsenal and Spurs are in for Godfrey so I think we can forget him. Doesn't surprise me too much, he's a trendy type of player.

Cantwell will also have bigger suitors.

Zimmermann might be the realistic one for us. Looks a good all round defender to me and the right character.

Will be interesting to see how many they sell. They could make an absolute fortune. Godfrey, Cantwell, Aarons, Buendia and Pukki will all have interest.
Norwich fans seem to think Aarons has gone backwards at this level and Lewis is the better player ,but Farke has sacrificed Lewis instead.

Well it seems that Arsenal and Spurs are in for Godfrey so I think we can forget him. Doesn't surprise me too much, he's a trendy type of player.

Cantwell will also have bigger suitors.

Zimmermann might be the realistic one for us. Looks a good all round defender to me and the right character.
Cantwell may have bigger suitors, Ricky but if we get in there early enough we’ll give ourselves a much better chance of landing him, that is of course if Wilder is even interested in him?

Cantwell may have bigger suitors, Ricky but if we get in there early enough we’ll give ourselves a much better chance of landing him, that is of course if Wilder is even interested in him?
No, we won’t. That’s not how it works. As soon as a club accepts an offer for a player his agent touts him around other clubs. So even if we did get in before Man U (for example), they’d still get the opportunity to match our bid and offer him twice as much in wages to join them and not us.

No, we won’t. That’s not how it works. As soon as a club accepts an offer for a player his agent touts him around other clubs. So even if we did get in before Man U (for example), they’d still get the opportunity to match our bid and offer him twice as much in wages to join them and not us.
My point was Bush, if you get in early and take a punt so to speak you’ll have a better chance due to some other clubs not wanting to buy him yet as they haven’t seen enough of him, that’s what I meant.

Spend fuck all out of their 100M+ PL windfall. Relegation nailed on complete with 2 years parachute payments. Will keep all there players, becos they're championship level anyway. What a fabulous way to make 200 million for doing fuck all.
I’d seriously be questioning what the point is if United had done this. Think I’d find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Or Thursday night or whatever...

Plus ÂŁ18.5m pre-tax profit in the Championship... taking the absolute piss...

1576151546205.png

If you ask me Norwich players are not worth signing.

They are cack, if they were any good they wouldn't be where they are.

Cantwell, Godfrey and the rest all over rated. Pukki in autumn of career.

Forget it.

HH

If you ask me Norwich players are not worth signing.

They are cack, if they were any good they wouldn't be where they are.

Cantwell, Godfrey and the rest all over rated. Pukki in autumn of career.

Forget it.

HH
Presumably when we got relegated with Jags in the team it was a clear indicator that he wasn’t good enough for the Premier League then?

Back
Top Bottom