Player Suggestion Next "Big" Signing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeInIreland

Reaction score
We all got excited by the ambition shown in signing of Berge and it looks like we can look forward to similar in the future. So who would you like to see come in who would have a similar wow factor?

Criteria- Not Henderson and a cap of say 35mill. Not looking for the best bargain necessarily just semi realistic targets in that next level.

I'm going to throw in Andrea Belotti, border line unrealistic but will have one year left on his contract in the summer and last paper talk I could find was talking about 30 mill.

Ticks alot of Wilder boxes, hard worker and a captain. Nearly 1 in 2 for Torino and 9 in 27 for Italy. One of the things I like is he scores a variety of goals including importantly headers. Something we seem to lack. A couple of years ago we would have had to pay alot more. Might need European football to attract him, would certainly be a step in that direction for us though.

Seko Fofana
Nadiem Amiri
Sander Berge
Ruslan Malinovskyi
Emiliano Buendia
Ante Rebic
Jonathan David
Hwang Hee Chan
Mounir Chouiar
Odsonne Edouard

Fuck knows.

It seems we could go after almost anybody.

Kalvin Phillips if Leeds balls it up again.
Kyle Walker
Tom Cairney if Fulham don’t go up
Brooks if Bournemouth drop
Buendia
Pukki
Delofeu if Watford drop

If we r spending big...again....then it's one position isnt it...centre forward...assuming we dont lose any of our top players.

On that criteria I'd go for Mitrovic as he'll score goals in the premiership. Or we could put a cheeky bus in for Aguero when we make the champions league !!!

I'd still really like Florian Grilitsch, from Hoffenheim. Be a huge upgrade in the middle of the park, fairly athletic, two footed, great with the ball, likes to sit.

I get shot down a lot for this, but I still really think Che Adams has it in him to be an excellent player at the top level and would certainly improve our options from the bench as a minimum.

The big position to look at is McGoldrick's and how we plan for life beyond his career. I don't want us to gravitate too heavily towards a direct style of play, so a link man would be ideal.

Pietro Pellegri
Eddie Salcedo

No reason other than they are decent on football manager. And of a good age were they can improve.

If we r spending big...again....then it's one position isnt it...centre forward...assuming we dont lose any of our top players.

On that criteria I'd go for Mitrovic as he'll score goals in the premiership. Or we could put a cheeky bus in for Aguero when we make the champions league !!!
Slightly disagree on the 'one position'.
I would rather have an improved version of McGoldrick, someone like Grealish if possible.

Cantwell, Tonali and Grealish
(Liverpool)......... (Juventus)............. (Barcelona)

Great shouts 👍

Last edited:
I'd say Grealish would be 60m plus as good as he would be.

I know we got Berge but some of these names being said on here are ridiculous. Never in a million years are we signing Tonali or Grealish.

If we qualified for europe, and prior to the start of euro 2020, we should seriously go after Piatek, ex of AC Milan, now of Hertha Berlin. He's 24 yrs old, an international quality forward, who has the skill set to play both for us & in the Prem and would cost about £25m. He's made a couple of bad career choices which have subdued his value.

Suat Serdar

Go on then 👀 👀

*No chance

Tell ya something, there should have been plenty of clubs lining up to take Shandon Baptiste for 3m alone, but when the deal also includes Fosu, then it's an absolute no brainer.

Brentford have had everyones pants down with this deal.

Not as glamorous a name as some already listed but I honestly think Ollie Watkins will be the biggest outlay over summer assuming Brentford don't go up.

Belotti isn't totally unrealistic at this point. He was linked with every big club in Europe a few years back, but nobody went for him and the club he has most strongly been linked with recently has been West Ham.

Florian Belotti or Florian Loren or Florian Edouard, Florian Grillitsch and Luke Woolfenden.

Luke would obviously be the odd one out and cause a bit of confusion with all the other Lukes we have.

One thing about Wilder's transfer policy, does everyone he buys have to speak English?

Would be nice to have a Florian in the team. I was once asked to be Prince Florian in the school play when I was 10. Don't think I slept for a week and it wasn't because of excitement!

Back
Top Bottom