New to S24SU

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Merry Christmas to you too 'blood.

I didn't notice there was an introductions forum until this thread got transferred so I'd better introduce myself:

Bushblade because I live in Shepherd's Bush, I've been going to the Lane since the Porterfield days so I'm used to this third division crap. Long time poster on BM and a supporter of Clough since he was linked to the job. In fact, I watched Burton on tv a lot when they got promoted to the league and hoped he'd one day be our manager. So far, so good.

Favourite players; the usual for my generation - Morris, Edwards, Deano, Kelly, Hodgy, Dane, Jags, Morgs, Trusson, Stan, Holdsworth, Brown.
Coincidentally BB, I grew up in Fulham, but it was seeing the Blades play at Craven Cottage that converted me as a young 'un, and then, when I moved to Sheffield I was like a cat lapping the cream, well the semi-skimmed variety.......Fav players? TC, Woody, Sabella, Kelly, Deano, Jags, Brown, Mick Jones, and one or two others I fail to recall. Like you, think Nigel is doing a good, mature job coming into a mess of a situation. Long may it continue UTB

You'll probably enjoy the next Darren vs WalthamstowBlade "discussion" then.

I've posted this elsewhere as advice on how this place works

Behave like you would in the pub. Foxy and Linz are the landlord and landlady. You are in their house, at their expense, so their rules apply.

And they are far too polite to point it out themselves ( until people start giving it large, then Foxy tends to step in :D)

Thanks Selly. I know conversations can get heated at times. I'll do my best to offer my tuppence worth as intelligently as possible. Does this site allow pigs top roam causing trouble as they go? Just a thought as there's a couple in particular who do nothing other than spout crap for the sake of doing so.

'Bushblade because I live in Shepherd's Bush,'
That's a shame as a viewer of Hirsute havens .

Hi WB, you'll have to excuse my ignorance, but do I interpret your comment as suggesting that anyone with a capitalist leaning to be a twat? Interesting comment my friend, and perhaps we could chat more about this? Season's greetings.

I think I can safely say that is NOT what WalthamstowBlade was saying... :D

Excuse my shortcomings Selly. Perhaps WB will provide a fuller explanation? Hope so as I would like to chat further.

Basically, he's the resident "all problems can be solved by an application of free market principles" guy. I tend to disagree with that, as SOB has mentioned.

Coincidentally BB, I grew up in Fulham, but it was seeing the Blades play at Craven Cottage that converted me as a young 'un, and then, when I moved to Sheffield I was like a cat lapping the cream, well the semi-skimmed variety.......Fav players? TC, Woody, Sabella, Kelly, Deano, Jags, Brown, Mick Jones, and one or two others I fail to recall. Like you, think Nigel is doing a good, mature job coming into a mess of a situation. Long may it continue UTB
Was it the 1-1 fa cup draw, Mick Jones scored for us and Alan Clarke for Fulham?

Basically, he's the resident "all problems can be solved by an application of free market principles" guy. I tend to disagree with that, as SOB has mentioned.

Thanks Darren, I've just joined so becoming familiar with those who've been here a while. As you say, not sure about the free market approach, it leaves out the human aspect for my liking. I'd rather have a NHS based on great service than keep chipping away at it as if it's about to become a satellite operation based on American standards of welfare.

Nope, NEVER as a brown shirt! Always with the Jews and whoever else Mosley and his thugs tried to threaten or kill. Hope that makes my position clear UTB
I know it's a work of fiction, but have you read Ken Follett's "Winter for the World"? He has a very descriptive passage based on The Battle of Cable Street.

Thanks Darren, I've just joined so becoming familiar with those who've been here a while. As you say, not sure about the free market approach, it leaves out the human aspect for my liking. I'd rather have a NHS based on great service than keep chipping away at it as if it's about to become a satellite operation based on American standards of welfare.

Indeed. The resident right wingers here are Walthamstow Blade, Selly Oak Blade, Broomhill Blade and BladeFisher. You need to watch out for all of them, though I love them all really.

:)

Indeed. The resident right wingers here are Walthamstow Blade, Selly Oak Blade, Broomhill Blade and BladeFisher. You need to watch out for all of them, though I love them all really.

:)

I try and avoid the individual stance people adopt. It's more about how imaginative they are, hope that makes sense. Think it's to do with what values you digested when you were young, at least it's been that way for me.

Haven't read that Mr Tenor, thanks for the suggestion, will search it out.
It's part of a trilogy the 1st book covers WW1 and the third book has yet to be published but is based around the cold war. I think I've seen somewhere that it is going to be serialised on tv. There is a book thread on here somewhere. No need to be so formal, t2b or 2tb will suffice, I'm singing (or should that trying to) top tenor these day, need tighter undercrackers.

It's part of a trilogy the 1st book covers WW1 and the third book has yet to be published but is based around the cold war. I think I've seen somewhere that it is going to be serialised on tv. There is a book thread on here somewhere. No need to be so formal, t2b or 2tb will suffice, I'm singing (or should that trying to) top tenor these day, need tighter undercrackers.

Thanks 2tb, wasn't being formal, just a habit I got into on BM when speaking to other posters.
The book(s) sound interesting, after the hols I'll do my best to seek it out. Hope you have a good xmas day mate, and that the boxing day game brings 3 more points UTB!

Thanks 2tb, wasn't being formal, just a habit I got into on BM when speaking to other posters.

A feature you might not be aware of over here.... If you are mentioning someone or speaking to them directly within a message, just type the @ sign followed by their username and it'll tag them in the post and alert them, meaning they'll definitely see said message.... e.g. itsinyerblood

You obviously don't have to :), but just to make you aware it's possible.

A feature you might not be aware of over here.... If you are mentioning someone or speaking to them directly within a message, just type the @ sign followed by their username and it'll tag them in the post and alert them, meaning they'll definitely see said message.... e.g. itsinyerblood

You obviously don't have to :), but just to make you aware it's possible.

That's useful Foxy, a newer, improved method not seen on BM, so well done you.

Season's greetings today, I'm off out soon so take care and here's to a successful next two home games UTB

Hi WB, you'll have to excuse my ignorance, but do I interpret your comment as suggesting that anyone with a capitalist leaning to be a twat? Interesting comment my friend, and perhaps we could chat more about this? Season's greetings.

The 'two hat' thing will become clear when you read anything, or should that be owt, that Ollessendro posts.

Welcome aboard.

The 'two hat' thing will become clear when you read anything, or should that be owt, that Ollessendro posts.

Welcome aboard.

Appreciate the welcome WalthamstowBlade. Slowly getting to know one or two on here, but it'll take time. All footie forums get divided up into camps who share the same opinions, so very little surprises me. Just hope we don't get too many Grunts invading this site! UTB

We've had a few amusing invasions in the past.

Hi 2ndtenorblade. Ever come across one who calls himself Bannister? He's an apologist for the H'boro disaster. He defends his club and thinks their health and safety measures didn't contribute to what happened. Of course there were other reasons why this happened, but SWFC were at fault IMO. That's not point scoring, just an acknowledgement of what happened. That day was recorded as one the darkest tragedies in sporting history, something that will always leave a stain on Wendy. They had a near escape not long before that semi-final, but they never learnt their lesson and put health and safety as a low priority. With deluded 'supporters' like this is it any surprise they still consider themselves as a 'Massive' club? They haven't got two pennies to rub together, no wonder the rust-bucket is shadow of what was once a decent stadium. Let alone that they can't afford to actually buy a player, but let's not go there.

Back
Top Bottom