Neil Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

grafikhaus

Kraft durch Freude
Reaction score
Good article here.

‘I didn't say, "No, I don't want to sign for you (Brighton)", I said, “I need to go to a club where I'll be able to play and improve my game”... I think they actually thought I made the right decision.'

Potter was a big reason Maupay chose the south coast over Sevilla, Sheffield United and Aston Villa. And though Brighton have had to make do for two seasons, the striker believes his belated move is a ‘win-win’.

'(It's) definitely not like Nice! In Brighton there is a vibe, there is something and I feel good in this city,' he says.

'As a footballer you have to be ready to go anywhere... but obviously when you have a good manager, a club that really wants you and a nice city on top of it, it makes your decision really easy.'

But then...

For Maupay, meanwhile, there is less need to gaze beyond the horizon.

A parcours can change a lot in two years, after all.

'I don't like to set targets, that's where you get lost a bit,' he says. 'I'm just living day-by-day, just trying to do my best. Obviously if I can do the same I was doing at Brentford at Brighton, I could dream further but I'm just trying to be good at Brighton first and see what will happen next for me.'

He's doing the job for Brighton, so he made the right choice. We'll never know if he'd have started every game for us or scored. We might have ended up with the Moose sat on the bench and not starting. Things happen for a reason. I'm happy with Mousset and Didsy together with McBurnie coming off the bench.

He's hardly set the world on fire at Brighton. He's doing ok/well but that's it. I wouldn't swap him for the The Moose. McBurnie is a completely different type of player. He is not a straight swap for Maupay no matter how people have been comparing them. McBurnie will get better, I'm sure of that. He is also doing a job atm.

All in all, I am very happy with our summer recruitment. The squad is much better - which may well come into play as the season progresses.

Now for another Moose type player in the January sales please boss - young, black and like shit off a shovel 😘

Fair play to him, he's always hanging about when the defenders have a brain fart. Sloppy clearance, dodgy punch from a keeper, he'll be on the end of it and he'll stick it in most of the time.

The thing with Maupay is he can make a goal for himself out of nothing. Where i don't think Mcburnie has that ability... yet.

Oli requires teammates to put him through/set him up.

Like a Premier League Billy.

He looks a player to be fair. Shame we missed out.

Obviously a very good player, maybe not what we need at the moment as he tends to stay quite high and lurk, but you'd love to have him on your books. Only problem I've seen so far is he's not always on the same wavelength as his teammates and it's quite far into the season for that still to be the case.

Excellent poacher though.

You'd think, if he had any genuine ambition, he'd have taken the opportunity to go to Sevilla seeing as it was offered to him.

You'd think, if he had any genuine ambition, he'd have taken the opportunity to go to Sevilla seeing as it was offered to him.

If you get the chance in the prem and manage to have a couple of good seasons in, chances are your more likely to get bigger and better teams offering you a better move than Sevilla. Was probably a bigger move than Brighton I agree but not guarantee he would start and also has the chance of getting into the spot light at Brighton and been the star player for them.

10 shots on target for Brighton but only 1 goal is not a great return, how many did Maupay get on target?

If you get the chance in the prem and manage to have a couple of good seasons in, chances are your more likely to get bigger and better teams offering you a better move than Sevilla. Was probably a bigger move than Brighton I agree but not guarantee he would start and also has the chance of getting into the spot light at Brighton and been the star player for them.

You're kidding Biggey. He might not have got into the team at Brighton either. As for Sevilla I can't think of another team in Europe that has sold more top talent than them in the last 10 years, they're renowned for it. Their model is based on it. They've sold to Barcelona alone Alves, Keita, Adriano. Rakitic and Lenglet.

European football this year, and pretty much guaranteed every year.

"Probably" a bigger move than Brighton? If he'd chosen us ahead of Sevilla I'd be wondering why he had so little self belief.

You're kidding Biggey. He might not have got into the team at Brighton either. As for Sevilla I can't think of another team in Europe that has sold more top talent than them in the last 10 years, they're renowned for it. Their model is based on it. They've sold to Barcelona alone Alves, Keita, Adriano. Rakitic and Lenglet.

European football this year, and pretty much guaranteed every year.

"Probably" a bigger move than Brighton? If he'd chosen us ahead of Sevilla I'd be wondering why he had so little self belief.

I understand what you are saying but for me the prem has a bigger draw than Sevilla at the minute maybe a few years ago would have been different but if you look at all the record signings etc and a lot of them have been into the english league or players from the english league to some where else it is where the money is and has always attracted the bigger clubs. Once you are a established premier league player then your career is made even if you then drop off your game you are always remembered for them season there is plenty of players still getting a big pay day off of times they have had in the premier league years ago I suppose it's all down to opinions but for me it has a bigger draw now for players than heading off to a club like Sevilla. Plus the fact he is already in england and settled and would have probably been offered more in wages at Brighton and will have had contract talks with them knowing his chances of playing matches well before signing.

The thing with Maupay is he can make a goal for himself out of nothing. Where i don't think Mcburnie has that ability... yet.

Oli requires teammates to put him through/set him up.

Agree.....Maupay is a better striker than Oli.

But Oli is a better allround player than Maupay with more strings to his bow.
He can hold the ball up better than Maupay and has better creativity and heading ability than Maupay.
Its been mentioned before but they are very different types of strikers so can’t be compared like for like.

These are the games where we have to finish our chances or we will get done by players like Maupay..

That said I watched a little bit last night and they knock it about do Brighton, there was a little child in midfield running the show..

I'm not sure how I'd line up on Saturday. Don't think Oli Mc is any physical match for those three massive central defenders, but I fear that Moose would get kicked all over the place - and we are going to need him for the Big 2 away.

As daft as it sounds, this might be a game for Freeman and Billy with us reverting to a shape more a kin to last season?

Good job Wilder is paid formulate the tactics and make these decisions and not be lol.

I really thought Robinson and Mousset would be vying for the same shirt this season. But unfortunately poor Robbo isn’t in the same league as the Moose.
Lys Mousset in now the benchmark for any future signing for us up front.

I’d prefer a player who’s a bit fitter than Mousset as this let’s him down.

I really thought Robinson and Mousset would be vying for the same shirt this season. But unfortunately poor Robbo isn’t in the same league as the Moose.
Lys Mousset in now the benchmark for any future signing for us up front.
Moose nowhere near as good as Maupay, like Bambi on ice at times and can't head a ball to save his life. If he can sort the link between his feet and his brain he might be in the same class as Maupay.

Moose nowhere near as good as Maupay, like Bambi on ice at times and can't head a ball to save his life. If he can sort the link between his feet and his brain he might be in the same class as Maupay.

Maupey has two more goals and two less assists for double the playing time this season as Moose.

I realise stats don't the full story, but they're not a class apart as you put it.

3 of Moose's goals are a class apart from anything Maupay has done this season. Versus Everton, Sham, and Manure. All were absolutely sublime in terms of technique and placement.

Back
Top Bottom