My take

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Way too harsh on the strikers.

You might as well not rate Sharp in games like that. We all know he's not likely to do much other than score, and if we aren't getting balls in the box enough he's a wasted player.

Moose had some really good touches when he came on. Zivkovic held the ball up well a couple of times and put in a wicked ball that nearly got nodded home.

Poker- are you reading my threads properly? You can't give Sharp an 8/10 if all he did was chase lost balls into the channels and watch the ball float aimlessly out of his reach.

It's what he did.

No one links with him or feeds him the chances in the box he is renowned for capitalising on. See also the other strikers. They are starved of service.

pommpey

Love rattling your cage. You bite so easily and in doing so confirm to the forum what an absolute prick you are. I’ll keep reading your shite and pull you accordingly. As many will be blindingly clapping you, others will appreciate you getting an overdue dose back.

Poker- are you reading my threads properly? You can't give Sharp an 8/10 if all he did was chase lost balls into the channels and watch the ball float aimlessly out of his reach.

It's what he did.

No one links with him or feeds him the chances in the box he is renowned for capitalising on. See also the other strikers. They are starved of service.

pommpey

Are you reading my posts properly? I didn't say give Sharp an 8/10.

Love rattling your cage. You bite so easily and in doing so confirm to the forum what an absolute prick you are. I’ll keep reading your shite and pull you accordingly. As many will be blindingly clapping you, others will appreciate you getting an overdue dose back.

So rather than this being 'about the match', this is about 'what you think about me', huh?

Okay. rather than take this the way you want it, I'll bring it to the attention of Foxy and Lindz as trolling and let them deal with it, yeah?

pommpey

Because this is a forum. It has been since the mid nineties with SUISA, when you were still masturbating over your mum's Grattan catalogue underpants pages.

Want some more?

pommpey
Fucking hell - were you watching me when my mums Grattans catalogue arrived?

Wow, but spicy in 'ere innit.

Either way, Norwood 5/10? Stop huffing glue Pomps.

Okay. Explain exactly what he did above say, Osborn or Berge which warranted say ... 6/10

pommpey

So rather than this being 'about the match', this is about 'what you think about me', huh?

Okay. rather than take this the way you want it, I'll bring it to the attention of Foxy and Lindz as trolling and let them deal with it, yeah?

pommpey

Listen to you. Proper toy throwing, thought you were more Jenga than shooting your load like Hungry Hippos. I don’t see why, and you’re still to enlighten me, why YOUR self-righteous views on the game warrant a separate thread?

You court attention and post some proper shite, I’m yet to establish if the two are related. As for mud slinging, I think you’re worthy of a straight red for what you’ve said to me. The difference is I have a sense of humour. You should try it.

passed better,more possession,tried to create more from midfield than them,quicker than them,fitter than them
and most importantly controlled the game from midfield.

Y'see I saw it different. He sits deep, he receives and he distributes. But nothing comes of it. Make comparisons with other deep lying central midfielders and they are far more creative, and don't rely on one aspect - banging it across the pitch to ... well, where? Where did we move forward this evening starting from him? We hardly tested their keeper. Progressive attacks start from his position - and where you say 'more possession' any team will sit happily watching the opposition pass calmly from one side to the other, as long as it is in their half.

pommpey

Okay. Explain exactly what he did above say, Osborn or Berge which warranted say ... 6/10

pommpey

I like Osborn a lot, but he gave the ball away more than Ollie tonight. Norwood as ever was pivotal to switching the play constantly and opening up space on the opposite flank.

Listen to you. Proper toy throwing, thought you were more Jenga than shooting your load like Hungry Hippos. I don’t see why, and you’re still to enlighten me, why YOUR self-righteous views on the game warrant a separate thread?

You court attention and post some proper shite, I’m yet to establish if the two are related. As for mud slinging, I think you’re worthy of a straight red for what you’ve said to me. The difference is I have a sense of humour. You should try it.

I'm out of this conversation with you laddo. You smell like a previous, banned contributor anyway and given people like you have caused so much trouble and don't possess any real articulation and capability to even sling shit properly, I'll quietly report you to Foxy as a troll and put you on block.

Bye bye. Come back as someone else when you're banned again and give it another go after a few small beers. Like you do and like you have done.

pommpey

Norwood at 5 AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA breathes in HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Explain. What genius did he do to warrant a six?

What's your 'out of ten'?

pommpey

Explain. What genius did he do to warrant a six?

What's your 'out of ten'?

pommpey
7.5 if not higher. Vital in organizing a fantastic midfield defensive performance and was back to his pinging best for the first time since season restart. Was as successful in his aerial duels as the rest of the midfield. And also provided the fucking cross for the winner. And in general outclassed Neves and Moutinho who are not shabby players themselves in the middle of the park. Thats my twopence on it.

7.5 if not higher. Vital in organizing a fantastic midfield defensive performance and was back to his pinging best for the first time since season restart. Was as successful in his aerial duels as the rest of the midfield. And also provided the fucking cross for the winner. Thats my twopence on it.

That's better. Didn't hurt, did it?

To be honest, 'pinging' got us nowhere though did it and his other corners in the match were easily stopped and cleared. His corners in previous matches have been woeful too. Sure, he picked out JE for the winner. Let's hope every corner from now on in is hit with the same precision rather than overhit or arced tamely to the back post.

pommpey

Where would we be if we had a Vardy type?

Same position, with Vardy type legging it out wide to fetch an aimless ball down the flanks rather than lurking in the danger area waiting to pounce.

Like Vardy does.

pommpey

Doesn't matter how many points any of us think they're worth. Their manager says they gave him eights and nines.

The bar was set too high early on for some, outstanding result..

Remember this wolves team handing us our arse the year they went up.. Today was epic..

FYI, we couldn't cope in "la liga" according to the pigs, but went up inside 2 seasons.

Now we're pushing top 6 with a few ganes to go, just what will make some people happy?? Fucking leave the players alone, all of them..
It's mad watching us not look out of place in this league and being unbeaten against Big money teams. Look where we've come from in such a short space of time with the players we've got and even our manager. CW came to us from Northampton, not Napoli etc, bloody Northampton and had never managed above league 2!

We're unbeaten against:
Tottenham 4pts
Brighton 4pts
West Ham 4pts
Watford 2pts
Everton 3pts
Chelsea 1pt
Wolves 4pts
Burnley 4pts
Palace 6pts
Bournemouth 4pts
Norwich 6pts
Villa 4pts
Arsenal 4pts

WOW, that is all.

Unless he has to through injury, I just can't see CW dropping Norwood. We have just beaten one of the teams with the best away record in the league, and in my opinion, we deserved to do so. Having just beaten Spurs, drawn with Burnley who are on a real roll, now beating Wolves why would you want to make a change to one of the most important positions on the pitch. I'm not sure Berge is ready yet, to take on that role.

That's enough.

You don't like or agree with pommpey in his threads? Ignore them

Constructive criticism is great.

Your abuse is uncalled for and unwanted

That's enough.

You don't like or agree with pommpey in his threads? Ignore them

Constructive criticism is great.

Your abuse is uncalled for and unwanted

He's had a few beers again. It was like this a couple of years ago before he was banned.

He's on ignore.

pommpey

Unless he has to through injury, I just can't see CW dropping Norwood. We have just beaten one of the teams with the best away record in the league, and in my opinion, we deserved to do so. Having just beaten Spurs, drawn with Burnley who are on a real roll, now beating Wolves why would you want to make a change to one of the most important positions on the pitch. I'm not sure Berge is ready yet, to take on that role.
I think the reason Norwood gets stick from some is that he can appear to showboat with pinging passes that lead to nothing. For me (and it’s just IMHO) I don’t blame him. Having someone who gets it down and switches the point of attack quickly is valuable. When it gets wide, it’s not his fault if nothing happens. When we’re on it, we work the short channels and get in behind. When we’re not, we hold up and go backwards- and so Norwoods efforts come to nought. We need creativity around the box, that isn’t Norwood’s job. When we get someone there who delivers every week we’ll be scoring for fun - from any of the forwards we have. UTB

He's had a few beers again. It was like this a couple of years ago before he was banned.

He's on ignore.

pommpey

I’ve never been banned. Selective memory there. He’s entitled to be challenged, as we all are. Tonight’s a fantastic win for us. We can agree on that at least, possibly.

Y'see I saw it different. He sits deep, he receives and he distributes. But nothing comes of it. Make comparisons with other deep lying central midfielders and they are far more creative, and don't rely on one aspect - banging it across the pitch to ... well, where? Where did we move forward this evening starting from him? We hardly tested their keeper. Progressive attacks start from his position - and where you say 'more possession' any team will sit happily watching the opposition pass calmly from one side to the other, as long as it is in their half.

pommpey
Ok. I'll bite. Norwood in Wilder's 3-5-2 plays the quarterback role. Sits in the middle, distributes play left and right, occasionally popping up on the right to play that deeper first time cross into the strikers. In that central position he is tasked with a defensive midfielder role when not in possession. There to help stifle opposition breaks, a big risk with wolves, and provide a central pivot if the right 3 or left 3 are unable to work an opening down that side. He also takes most of our free kicks where he's clearly asked to focus on delivery or pre-rehearsed set pieces.

Tonight we were solid against the counter, switched play nicely and scored from a set piece. All of which is helped when Norwood plays well.

Your rating and criticism of him is based on what you think he should be doing not on what Wilder had asked him to do and what he did very well tonight. A 5 is ridiculous. Goodnight.

We need another Duffy. The number of goals he created by picking the ball up and driving at defenders is what helped us to score the goals that got us promoted twice. Unfortunately finding a player with that ability is not easy.
Fleck can do it, but not often enough and we need a right sided player to provide that balance.

Ok. I'll bite. Norwood in Wilder's 3-5-2 plays the quarterback role. Sits in the middle, distributes play left and right, occasionally popping up on the right to play that deeper first time cross into the strikers. In that central position he is tasked with a defensive midfielder role when not in possession. There to help stifle opposition breaks, a big risk with wolves, and provide a central pivot if the right 3 or left 3 are unable to work an opening down that side. He also takes most of our free kicks where he's clearly asked to focus on delivery or pre-rehearsed set pieces.

Tonight we were solid against the counter, switched play nicely and scored from a set piece. All of which is helped when Norwood plays well.

Your rating and criticism of him is based on what you think he should be doing not on what Wilder had asked him to do and what he did very well tonight. A 5 is ridiculous. Goodnight.

Doing so well, until the last bit.

When it says 'my take', like Deadbat's opinions, it's an opinion. We all have them.

I still don't see anything coming from the one trick pony pinging passes. Great corner for the goal, but this after countless crap ones since the lockdown restart.

Quarterback or not, the end result needs improvement. As said before, the opposition is happy as shit to see Norwood receive, ping, wingback get, stop, go back, pass to Norwood, other wing, ping ... etc.

pommpey

We need another Duffy. The number of goals he created by picking the ball up and driving at defenders is what helped us to score the goals that got us promoted twice. Unfortunately finding a player with that ability is not easy.
Fleck can do it, but not often enough and we need a right sided player to provide that balance.

^this^

You'd imagine Berger to have this capability, but he's more defensive. So why not sit him in Norwood's role and have Fleck/Freeman L/Lunny/Osborn drive at opposition back fours and find the front two?

pommpey

Doing so well, until the last bit.

When it says 'my take', like Deadbat's opinions, it's an opinion. We all have them.

I still don't see anything coming from the one trick pony pinging passes. Great corner for the goal, but this after countless crap ones since the lockdown restart.

Quarterback or not, the end result needs improvement. As said before, the opposition is happy as shit to see Norwood receive, ping, wingback get, stop, go back, pass to Norwood, other wing, ping ... etc.

pommpey
It's my opinion that your rating is ridiculous, as you say, we're all allowed one. I've explained why he plays how he plays and how it fits the system. Are you criticising Wilder's system then? You're allowed that opinion of course. I just find it ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom