Memries of Leeds Pt. 3 - 'A Town Called...'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

grafikhaus

Kraft durch Freude
Reaction score
upload_2018-11-29_4-16-4.png

No love lost from me. I’ve done comprehensive coverage of games v Leeds previously…

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/memries-of-l-s.59176/#post-1491543

and here…

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/memries-of-leeds.62135/

The last meeting between the clubs was on Saturday 10th February 2018 at Bramall Lane. 27,553 saw The Blades triumph 2-1 with two goals from Billy Sharp.

The stats:

To date, our League record v Leeds:

Home: P: 36 W: 16 D: 12 L: 8 F: 56 A: 46

Away: P: 36 W: 8 D: 10 L: 18 F: 39 A: 65

Championship Table:

Leeds are in second spot, just two points above the Blades who are fifth.

upload_2018-11-29_4-17-31.png

Full Championship Table

Form Guide:

Based on the last six league games (oldest first), a much-needed win at Brentford on Tuesday saw United climb to 12th spot, while Leeds are in second. However, the Blades are undefeated at home since the opening day of the season (Aug. 4 v Swansea) and are fifth in the ‘Home Form’ table while Leeds are ninth in the ‘Away Form’ table.

upload_2018-11-29_4-17-55.png

Full Championship Form Guide

Leeds Top Scorers:

upload_2018-11-29_4-18-16.png

Men to watch:

Current top scorer Kemar Roofe has had – including Tuesday’s home game with Reading – fifteen attempts on target this season…and scored eight goals.

upload_2018-11-29_4-18-53.png

upload_2018-11-29_4-19-14.png

Pablo Hernández was brought to Leeds by then-manager Gary Monk, who had bought him for Swansea for £5.5m on 31st August 2012. A Spanish attacking midfielder, he has scored 15 goals in 71 appearances for Leeds.

upload_2018-11-29_4-19-49.png

The manager:

Marcelo Bielsa became Leeds manager at the start of this season. On paper, he appears to have had a stellar managerial career, including spells in charge of the Argentina and Chile national sides as well as (brief) tenures at Athletic Bilbao, Marseille, Lazio and Lille. However, apart from UEFA Europa League runners-up and Copa del Rey runners-up (both with Athletic Bilbao in 2011-12), his record doesn’t match the hype and he never lasts long at a club. Carlos Carvalhal, anybody?

upload_2018-11-29_4-20-32.png

Famous Blades players sold to Leeds down the years - Mick Jones, Gary Hamson, Brian Deane, Alex Sabella, Keith Edwards, Paul Beesley, Harold Brook, Tony Currie,

Leeds have not been awarded a penalty for ages (possibly all season). Blades haven't conceded a penalty for ages.

Saw this fact via twitter can't remember the time frames. I'll shut up now before fate starts getting tempted.

Leeds have not been awarded a penalty for ages (possibly all season). Blades haven't conceded a penalty for ages.

Saw this fact via twitter can't remember the time frames. I'll shut up now before fate starts getting tempted.

Last one I remember us conceding was at Villa last December.

Coach windows put through by a hail of bricks, September 1974 set the scene for trips to the dirties.

Not great memories up there apart from the year Marwood scored.

57 games since Leeds had a pen. Place your bets now!

Coach windows put through by a hail of bricks, September 1974 set the scene for trips to the dirties.

Not great memories up there apart from the year Marwood scored.

You've got me on this one. I don't recall Marwood doing owt at Elland Road for United? I remember Marwood scoring the last minute winner at Goodison Park once (I was there on the packed terrace behind the net) but I cant recall him doing owt at dirty Leeds land.

Mind u I was there the night we won 4-0. Marvellous night that was. Crushed em like a Stu Francis grape.

No love lost from me. I’ve done comprehensive coverage of games v Leeds previously…

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/memries-of-l-s.59176/#post-1491543

and here…

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/memries-of-leeds.62135/

The last meeting between the clubs was on Saturday 10th February 2018 at Bramall Lane. 27,553 saw The Blades triumph 2-1 with two goals from Billy Sharp.

The stats:

To date, our League record v Leeds:

Home: P: 36 W: 16 D: 12 L: 8 F: 56 A: 46

Away: P: 36 W: 8 D: 10 L: 18 F: 39 A: 65

Championship Table:

Leeds are in second spot, just two points above the Blades who are fifth.

View attachment 46436

Full Championship Table

Form Guide:

Based on the last six league games (oldest first), a much-needed win at Brentford on Tuesday saw United climb to 12th spot, while Leeds are in second. However, the Blades are undefeated at home since the opening day of the season (Aug. 4 v Swansea) and are fifth in the ‘Home Form’ table while Leeds are ninth in the ‘Away Form’ table.

View attachment 46437

Full Championship Form Guide

Leeds Top Scorers:

View attachment 46438

Men to watch:

Current top scorer Kemar Roofe has had – including Tuesday’s home game with Reading – fifteen attempts on target this season…and scored eight goals.

View attachment 46439

Pablo Hernández was brought to Leeds by then-manager Gary Monk, who had bought him for Swansea for £5.5m on 31st August 2012. A Spanish attacking midfielder, he has scored 15 goals in 71 appearances for Leeds.

The manager:

Marcelo Bielsa became Leeds manager at the start of this season. On paper, he appears to have had a stellar managerial career, including spells in charge of the Argentina and Chile national sides as well as (brief) tenures at Athletic Bilbao, Marseille, Lazio and Lille. However, apart from UEFA Europa League runners-up and Copa del Rey runners-up (both with Athletic Bilbao in 2011-12), his record doesn’t match the hype and he never lasts long at a club. Carlos Carvalhal, anybody?

Famous Blades players sold to Leeds down the years - Mick Jones, Gary Hamson, Brian Deane, Alex Sabella, Keith Edwards, Paul Beesley, Harold Brook, Tony Currie,

Four names on there that broke my heart when they went.

You've got me on this one. I don't recall Marwood doing owt at Elland Road for United? I remember Marwood scoring the last minute winner at Goodison Park once (I was there on the packed terrace behind the net) but I cant recall him doing owt at dirty Leeds land.

Mind u I was there the night we won 4-0. Marvellous night that was. Crushed em like a Stu Francis grape.

It was the 4-0, Marwood didn't score did he? I plead age related memory fog.

Last edited:

Been done plenty of times. But Leeds in league cup what a goal. I remember knowing that jags winner was going in because i was right behind the hit. What a comeback. That season & particular game was probally the game that hooked me in. Because before then 99/00 00-01 01-02 was fun but was more like casual fan watching football as we bit nothing in those years enjoying spending time with my granddad more than football. Bit like if on rare occasion i go watch the Steelers. Of course i hope they win. But it wouldn't matter if they lost Then that turnaround, all of a sudden the whole thing changed & dormant passion just came out.

Been done plenty of times. But Leeds in league cup what a goal. I remember knowing that jags winner was going in because i was right behind the hit. What a comeback. That season & particular game was probally the game that hooked me in. Because before then 99/00 00-01 01-02 was fun but was more like casual fan watching football as we bit nothing in those years enjoying spending time with my granddad more than football. Bit like if on rare occasion i go watch the Steelers. Of course i hope they win. But it wouldn't matter if they lost Then that turnaround, all of a sudden the whole thing changed & dormant passion just came out.

Like.

It was the 4-0, Marwood didn't score did he? I plead age related memory fog.

Marwood scored for us in the 2-1 defeat in our last away game (night match) of the 1990-91 season. Sterland (ran over to Blades fans and having the last laugh after the fans sang "half of Darnall has been with your wife") and Shutt scored for L**ds

Although there have been many great victories against Leeds, home and away, the main match that sticks in my memory is when Deano returned with them. I don't think I've ever seen as much abuse at one player and of course he had to score and he certainly enjoyed scoring! I don't blame him for celebrating give the abuse. We were losing 2 - 0 but came back to draw 2 - 2 getting a late equaliser. Its on the vid below (sorry its a Leeds United one!) skip to 59th minute. I heard the interview after when Wilkinson refers to United as a small pond and Leeds a big pond! Typical arrogance we normally expect from Wednesday, but also Leeds.

Back
Top Bottom