McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Flo scored 10 in 33 in his first season for us in the PL, in a side that got relegated, a 30% strike rate.

McBurnie has managed 6 in 36 for Chris Wilder’s Allstars, a 17% strike rate.

He’s got to improve a fair bit to be considered as the new Flo.
Bit unfair, not that im wanting to derail this into a mcburnie v flo debate, however you could counter that by saying Flo was in his late 20’s and at his peak. You could also say 6 goals from him the following season in the league below was a poor total considering how many mcburnie got in the same league for Swansea.

McBurnie led the line for us in what is now the toughest league in the world at 23 years old, which is still relatively young.

I agree he has some rough edges about his play ( and Flo certainly did by the way as well ) but if he can work on that and get into double figures for us this season then he will do for me

I think we'll find that as time goes on Olli will turn out to be a "diamond in the rough", he just needs to beef himself up a bit looks like Shaggy off Scooby Do but I like his attitude towards the team ethics.

He's quality when you play to his strengths and don't launch balls up to him to flick on to himself. Although he can sometimes mix it up that way (Arsenal in the cup, Chelsea at home, Spurs at home) it's not his strength. Play to his feet and watch him thrive.

I was listening to the BBC podcast that those quotes were taken from this morning. Even the usually dour and negative Scottish football journals were saying they think he gets an unfair amount of stick and that he was sensational after the league restart. It was nice to hear him getting talked up.

Back
Top Bottom