McBurnie or Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Your choice...

• McBurnie

Votes: 394 66.9%
  • Maupay

Votes: 195 33.1%

• Total voters

Akinbiyi

Banned
Reaction score
Nail your colours to the mast.

Who would you prefer?
Can't see us signing both now we look like signing Mousset as it would mean an overload in forward areas, but I definitely see us signing one. Reports of a rejected bid for McBurnie yesterday, RC and other ITK's say we have an agreed fee with Brentford for Maupay but it's down to the player now... But who should we choose if we are only to sign one?

I was camp Maupay for quite a while but now we look like putting some serious pace upfront I think Oli's physical presence, height and goalscoring touch will come in very handy.
It's a hard choice but after much deliberation I'm in camp McBurnie.

Choose your fighter. I have also created the badges below for you to use as you see fit on social media, this board, and print off and stick on your walls at home, in the car or on bus windows.

Nail your colours to the mast.

Who would you prefer?
Can't see us signing both now we look like signing Mousset as it would mean an overload in forward areas, but I definitely see us signing one. Reports of a rejected bid for McBurnie yesterday, RC and other ITK's say we have an agreed fee with Brentford for Maupay but it's down to the player now... But who should we choose if we are only to sign one?

I was camp Maupay for quite a while but now we look like putting some serious pace upfront I think Oli's physical presence, height and goalscoring touch will come in very handy.
It's a hard choice but after much deliberation I'm in camp McBurnie.

Choose your fighter.

View attachment 57730

View attachment 57731
Would love both but I think McBurnie if I had to make a choice. Maupay would have come by now but it seems to me that money is his deciding factor rather than the club and playing regular first team football.

We’ve bid £15m for McBurnie, I would be surprised if we didn’t add another 2-3m to swing the deal.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Maupay ends up having a better career but for what we need to survive next season I’m in camp McBurnie.

Groundhog Day

Premier League new boys Sheffield United see £15million bid for Ollie McBurnie rejected by Swansea
  • Swansea have rejected Sheffield United's £15million bid to sign Ollie McBurnie
  • The clubs held negotiations over the weekend but could not reach an agreement
  • The Swans value their Scotland international at over £20m in the current market
  • The 23-year-old striker scored 24 goals in all competitions last season
Link

If I had to choose one over other it would be Ollie simply because he offers something else we need, would be happy to get Maupay but I think we can get by easily for 2 years with Billy, not saying Billy automatically better just because it’s Billy but more Billy can do that role for us as well

I don’t see anyone currently who can do that McBurnie role for us

McBurnie for me, think he'd be a better fit in terms of what he can offer that our current strikers currently dont

McBurnie from the start for me and obviously McBurnie now if we're signing Mousset.

Should have made the poll votes viewable.

McBurnie from the start for me and obviously McBurnie now if we're signing Mousset.

Should have made the poll votes viewable.
Shouldda wouldda couldda. Was too busy making pieces of art to worry about shit like that.
But since you're so interested I'll let you in on it... It's a walkover for big Oli at the moment.

• McBurnie
    Votes: 28 73.7%
  • Maupay
    Votes: 10 26.3%

Shouldda wouldda couldda. Was too busy making pieces of art to worry about shit like that.
But since you're so interested I'll let you in on it... It's a walkover for big Oli at the moment.

• McBurnie
    Votes: 28 73.7%
  • Maupay
    Votes: 10 26.3%

If we looked more like getting Maupay I guarantee you those results would be reversed...

Maupay is the better player of the two (in my opinion)but I think I'd still plump for McBurnie. I can see him settling here easier and buying into the club a lot more, which I think counts for a lot - not least when finding his feet on the pitch quicker. Maybe, as Ricky said, I'm subconsciously justifying this because I feel there's less chance of getting Maupay...

Maupay is currently better but McBurnie has a more allround game and is potentially better in the long run.

Be happy with either but I’m well aware that they are both risks and both could flop in the PL, hence wouldn’t pay any crazy prices for a risk.

Also Wilder has this thing which he calls the personality test, it’s whether the player genuinely wants to play for us or is just a mercenary going to the highest bidder.
So if Maupay and/ or McBurnie mess us about wanting more and more money then i’d think Wilders interest will cool.

Now it looks like we are signing Mousset then McBurnie is the better fit. Originally wanted Maupay - great hold up play, works very hard and with him being able to get a close up view of a master finisher at work each day, he would score enough to give us a chance of staying up.
I'm happy to go with CWAK on this.

McBurnie. Not had a proper ginger in the side for a while.

McBurnie if choosing one or the other for the main reasons that he has something we currently dont have and you would think he'd be more likely to settle here.

Little to put between them last season too in terms of goals and where they respectively played.

Back
Top Bottom