Madine - did you overreact?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Did you overreact?

• Fuck yeah, shag me Gary

Votes: 47 24.0%
  • Yep

Votes: 63 32.1%
  • Jury’s out

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • No he’s still a nobhead

Votes: 54 27.6%

• Total voters

He’ll never command the love like our Billy can but he’s a commanding presence....no doubt about it.

He ran straight over to John street where we were sat when he scored and after his knee slide started slapping his blades badge.I said to my mate “he’s fucked the pitch up the wanker” we both laughed because we knew he deserved some proper credit and we both cheered the fucker cos we saw in his face how much it meant.
If he’s got any sense,while he’s at our club he’ll learn everything he can from “our fat lad”especially that you have to give love to be loved.
UTB....xx

It’s a load of shit mate. Simple as. No way has he not celebrated his 2 goals today.

You just don't get it do you? He thinks Madine is an aggressive, violent dick off the field. It doesn't matter if he scores in every game for the rest of the fucking season, his opinion is not based on his footballing ability, it's based on him as a human being. And not cheering for him (whilst not booing) is a totally legit response. Without speaking for the poster, who I've never met, his response and thoughts are shared by many. Those that totally forget their moral objections cause he's scored a brace today are a joke. For most it was NEVER about his ability, or the fact he played for weds.

What's more, I cheered when he scored both goals today because guess what, I support my club. Those goals were for my club.

You don't see it the same, Fine, your call, but leave the animosity somewhere else.

You just don't get it do you? He thinks Madine is an aggressive, violent dick off the field. It doesn't matter if he scores in every game for the rest of the fucking season, his opinion is not based on his footballing ability, it's based on him as a human being. And not cheering for him (whilst not booing) is a totally legit response. Without speaking for the poster, who I've never met, his response and thoughts are shared by many. Those that totally forget their moral objections cause he's scored a brace today are a joke. For most it was NEVER about his ability, or the fact he played for weds.

What's more, I cheered when he scored both goals today because guess what, I support my club. Those goals were for my club.

You don't see it the same, Fine, your call, but leave the animosity somewhere else.
Me and NC have already sorted it. Leave it out.

If anything he seems to have been good for team spirit. If you've been watching warm up pre match, half time or any of the 'behind the scenes' vids on YouTube he seems to have excellent rapport with the other players, laughing, joking etc.
Granted we only see a tiny proportion of their time together, but he seems to be genuinely liked.

The one thing I’ve learned from this thread is that if Chris Wilder or Billy Sharp shags your missus or kicks the fuck out of one of your friends or family then it’s ok because it was one of those two that did it. :)

I’m not one for morals but some of the people speaking about this subject has made me literally piss my pants. :)

I didn't want him because I thought he was shite
Wasn't bothered about his off pitch stuff because I hate humanity anyway but to be fair to the lad he's been a fucking beast up front for us since he came and I hope he carrys on like that

If anything he seems to have been good for team spirit. If you've been watching warm up pre match, half time or any of the 'behind the scenes' vids on YouTube he seems to have excellent rapport with the other players, laughing, joking etc.
Granted we only see a tiny proportion of their time together, but he seems to be genuinely liked.

Wilders best mate in football is the Bolton assistant manager. Therefore Wilder has inside information on Madines character and professionalism. He knew that “Gaz” was likable/ popular at Bolton with a good attitude. That’s why he brought him in.

I'm just wondering how many big names in football would never had had a career in the game if how they acted in a bar was the defining factor ......:tumbleweed:

You just don't get it do you? He thinks Madine is an aggressive, violent dick off the field.

The irony. The rich irony...

I have seen Madine first hand out and about giving it the big man with a few lakkies tagging on just in case he took on a bit too much.

So in my opinion 2 goals in a 4 0 win or indeed the winner in 1 0 win will not change my opinion that he is a bit of a twat.

That said, if his goals take us to the premier league I would be over the moon but probs still think he was a twat.

Each to our own opinion

Even if it’s Bladey Claptrap? Is it okay if I think Sharp is a bit of a twat? I don’t of course, but supposing I did? Each to their own opinion, eh?

Anyone who isn’t enjoying by the Madine Redemption and the way Gaz is playing for us, lives a bitter and twisted existence in some dark and dreary corner of S2.

The lad wanted to join us. He didn’t have to. He’s playing superbly. I was delighted when he scored yesterday. I cheered his name and sang his song. I loved it. I much prefer him to Sharp, Woodward, Currie and Badger.

The last sentence is untrue, but it’s no dafter than some of the embarrassing, juvenile bollocks emanating from the Bladey Blades. I have a reality check for them. The vast majority of fans are right behind our centre-forward. They like the way he plays. They like the way he competes. They are surprised by, and like, his football skills. He doesn’t need to win over a tiny, bitter, twisted, ultra-parochial bunch who would prefer one of our own players to fail.

Even if it’s Bladey Claptrap? Is it okay if I think Sharp is a bit of a twat? I don’t of course, but supposing I did? Each to their own opinion, eh?

Anyone who isn’t enjoying by the Madine Redemption and the way Gaz is playing for us, lives a bitter and twisted existence in some dark and dreary corner of S2.

The lad wanted to join us. He didn’t have to. He’s playing superbly. I was delighted when he scored yesterday. I cheered his name and sang his song. I loved it. I much prefer him to Sharp, Woodward, Currie and Badger.

The last sentence is untrue, but it’s no dafter than some of the embarrassing, juvenile bollocks emanating from the Bladey Blades. I have a reality check for them. The vast majority of fans are right behind our centre-forward. They like the way he plays. They like the way he competes. They are surprised by, and like, his football skills. He doesn’t need to win over a tiny, bitter, twisted, ultra-parochial bunch who would prefer one of our own players to fail.
When did I say I want him or any other of our players to fail? Stop twisting my post.

I said he was a twat and no amount of goals, work rate, how he competes or how much he wanted to come here will change my opinion.... all the things he should be doing as a professional player he is doing.

On the point of wanting one of our players to fail, maybe you need to look at yourself regarding( Reid? Or any other sarcastic name you made up for him) springs to mind.

So if you are happy licking the rim of any United player who does well for us and gives the basic requirement of a professional player even though personality wise they are not very nice ( at best ) crack on. Sorry about the pun ..

The lads seem to love him and he’s great with them on the pitch. The management certainly do. Runs himself into the ground for the club so far and has made a fantastic impact on performances and results.

But because he was a bellend when he had a drink in his younger days some whiter than white Blades still want him to fail.

Fucking grow up.

Gary Madine - goal, fucking, machine.

Every time Madine has played against us I have said to my Brother sat next to me “I wish we’d got him”. Adds so much to the side. He shits upposing defenders up. Off the pitch antics I can’t comment on but a footballer giving it the big one on a night out? There’s a shock. As long as he doesn’t start tying a jumper around his shoulders whilst sucking on a lollipop, he’s fine by me.

The lads seem to love him and he’s great with them on the pitch. The management certainly do. Runs himself into the ground for the club so far and has made a fantastic impact on performances and results.

But because he was a bellend when he had a drink in his younger days some whiter than white Blades still want him to fail.

Fucking grow up.

FFS get the vasalene out....

Once again, at no point have I said I want him to fail.
I like every other blade hope he scores us all the way to the Premier League.

If you chose to ignore anyone’s opinion that he is a twat then it’s time for you to fucking grow up.

Read the facts of a post instead of being all teary eyed about an opinion that doesn’t match yours.

Madine goal fucking machine ....... good for you enjoy it. It’s your opinion and one that I accept. So no need to go thumping your fucking head off the floor.

Oh, the irony!

Fucking grow up.

You are the only one whose posts look like they've been written by a 12 year old.
Are you his relative, by the way?

You are the only one whose posts look like they've been written by a 12 year old.
Are you his relative, by the way?
They must be clever kids in Hamburg.

And me? Yeah, I’m from Carlisle originally. I’m actually his dad.

It's been pointed out in previous threads about Madine - TC knocked his missus about and was convicted for it but he's adored at the Lane. Gazza's foibles include beating his missus up, cokehead and drink driver and he's adored by the nation. Madine chinned someone and he's the devil incarnate according to some. Christ, what's in the past is in the past, no one died and the guy is on the level now, why is anyone still getting so het up about it.

Madine has been excellent in every appearance he's made for us. That was always the criteria required for winning Blades fans over, much like every single player we've ever signed. Rumours of a divided fanbase were grossly exaggerated by the hand wringers on here. The vast majority of people couldn't care less about any off the field activities. Football has never been a place for puitanism; that's the preserve of the the Church and the gossip columns.There seems to be a growing constituency that think footballers should set the moral standards for an individual club, and by extension the whole of society. Yes, footballers... o_O:D A player that has trespassed can never redeem themselves or enjoy gainful employment via their chosen profession because they set the standards. The fans are the moral arbitrators who can decide whether a player is worthy based on his morals - not the club or manager. It's laughable.

It's been pointed out in previous threads about Madine - TC knocked his missus about and was convicted for it but he's adored at the Lane. Gazza's foibles include beating his missus up, cokehead and drink driver and he's adored by the nation. Madine chinned someone and he's the devil incarnate according to some. Christ, what's in the past is in the past, no one died and the guy is on the level now, why is anyone still getting so het up about it.

Don’t forget ‘King’ Keith, in the Currie category.

When did I say I want him or any other of our players to fail? Stop twisting my post.

I said he was a twat and no amount of goals, work rate, how he competes or how much he wanted to come here will change my opinion.... all the things he should be doing as a professional player he is doing.

On the point of wanting one of our players to fail, maybe you need to look at yourself regarding( Reid? Or any other sarcastic name you made up for him) springs to mind.

So if you are happy licking the rim of any United player who does well for us and gives the basic requirement of a professional player even though personality wise they are not very nice ( at best ) crack on. Sorry about the pun ..

At no time did I want Reed to fail. I simply realised early doors that to which Bladey Boybanders closed their eyes. He wasn’t good enough for us. People then started wishing on as many lucky stars that they could possibly wish upon, that he could be good enough one day. They pretended he was better than he was. They added a large percentage to his actual ability, simply because he was local.

I can’t emphasise enough. We’re a professional football club, not the X-factor.

Any proof for that libelous accusation?

We’d have a very poor team in perpetuity if that was the test.

At no time did I want Reed to fail. I simply realised early doors that to which Bladey Boybanders closed their eyes. He wasn’t good enough for us. People then started wishing on as many lucky stars that they could possibly wish upon, that he could be good enough one day. They pretended he was better than he was. They added a large percentage to his actual ability, simply because he was local.

I can’t emphasise enough. We’re a professional football club, not the X-factor.
You said the same thing about £50m rated David Brooks

Back
Top Bottom