Lundstrams performance

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I know some of you wil disagree etc but he was dire tonight. Looked well off the pace . Gave the ball away countless times and was at walking pace when he was sprinting to get back and defend. He had a terrible game and by far the worst on the pitch. Hope he gets his act together because he will get terrorised in the championship with that lack of pace and teams will make us pay for his wayward passing. I hope to god he wasn't a replacement for us not getting the Leonard deal over the line.

He's still a young lad. He wasn't great but let him settle in and develop, learning from Coutts and Fleck will bring him on.

Don't forget he was playing in a totally alien XI, much easier in a settled team.

JOC was poor for the first 4 games of last season... just saying.

He's cover for Coutts.

He will get the odd 10 mins when Paul runs out of steam, but there is more chance of seeing the queens tits than JL dethrone PC.

UTB

He wasn't great. I think it's going to take a little while to work him out. If he had little to offer we wouldn't have spent about 500k on him. So he'll have something, hopefully we see it soon. But he has time on his side.

He had a difficult job tonight though, playing as the deeper midfielder with both Duffy and Brooks ahead of him.

Wasn't a great performance and he didn't do anything to force his way into the side for sure.

But being fair to the lad - most people were poor first half and there was no tempo to our play at all.

Perhaps he could have stepped things up and tried to get us on the front foot but bar Duffy in the second half didn't have a load of help in that endeavour.

I won't the disagree. He didn't look up to the job.
I'm not knocking him or writing him off based on one full performance tonight and a cameo against Brentford but based on what I have seen so far, he will very much struggle to stake a claim on a starting 11 spot at the minute.

He may take a little bit of time to settle. Youngish kid moving to the big city and stepping up etc and all that.

But granted, tonight he was poor.

Time will tell and hopefully he will settle down and bring us something to the table that Wilder thinks he can offer.

He was unbelievably bad first-half.

I mean, he's clearly a Couttsesque "quarterback"-type. But FFS, regardless of all the careless passes, he needs to be a New Coutts rather than an Old Coutts - i.e. forward-thinking & positive, not just passing it sideways & being a crab.

I don't doubt he's got it in him, but he needs to come out of his shell.

Tbf to him, he was among others who seemed more concerned about keeping to their allotted role within the shape, rather than asserting themselves (Thomas especially, even if there were a few lovely skilful moments). So you'd think he's just feeling his way in, & it's just a case of him learning to play in a new system & new culture.

At least he was more aggressive second-half & put himself about.

It's early doors and he needs time to settle in. I'm sure he will get better as the season goes on and as Ricky says, he's just back up for Coutts but without wanting to sound too harsh he reminded me so much of Hammond tonight..........:eek::eek:

Wasn't a great performance from him to be honest. It was helped that Duffy and Brooks both just bombed on and left him to be the only really central midfielder.

However not making excuses his passing was off today. Everyone said the same about JoC. Nathan Thomas said on Radio how it's such a step up playing in this team with this intensity. Will take time to settle in and he will get there.

He was unbelievably bad first-half.

I mean, he's clearly a Couttsesque "quarterback"-type. But FFS, regardless of all the careless passes, he needs to be a New Coutts rather than an Old Coutts - i.e. forward-thinking & positive, not just passing it sideways & being a crab.

I don't doubt he's got it in him, but he needs to come out of his shell.

Tbf to him, he was among others who seemed more concerned about keeping to their allotted role within the shape, rather than asserting themselves (Thomas especially, even if there were a few lovely skilful moments). So you'd think he's just feeling his way in, & it's just a case of him learning to play in a new system & new culture.

At least he was more aggressive second-half & put himself about.

Agree about that.

Liked the look of Thomas. But you did think perhaps it was trying to do what was asked of them by wilder and being abit over cautious trying to show they were listening that perhaps stopped them playing their more natural game.

Thomas in particular I don't think is used to being a left back so I think wanted to show he could do the defensive side.

Think we'll see improvement from lundatram over time when he's had a chance to settle and get to know people's roles etc

I know some of you wil disagree etc but he was dire tonight. Looked well off the pace . Gave the ball away countless times and was at walking pace when he was sprinting to get back and defend. He had a terrible game and by far the worst on the pitch. Hope he gets his act together because he will get terrorised in the championship with that lack of pace and teams will make us pay for his wayward passing. I hope to god he wasn't a replacement for us not getting the Leonard deal over the line.

One game only in the tinpot cup v Walsall and he gets hung drawn and fuckin quartered by some?!!!! Dread to have seen your shit if there were any Internet forums around in the late 70's to mid 90's! Jeez, you'd have been suicidal man!

Can't blame any of the lads tonight if they looked off the pace. Thats the first time they played together as an eleven and that ain't easy.

If we had lundstram last season and wilder chucked him in to a winning side we'd be saying how comfortable he looked.

Give the lad a chance and ask yourself would wilder have signed him if he was shite.

As a replacement for Lundstram, even though he's just arrived

Is it really necessary to post one of those stupid fucking smiley things to alert everyone as to the presence of sarcasm.
Sorry. I operate on a much higher plane than that.

I should know better than to judge a player too early. I got it wrong with Ray McHale who was terrible at first but became a key player for us in the old 4th division. But Lundstram looks slow and pedestrian. He's like a young version of Hammond. He needs to step up a bit or he'll be this seasons Chris Hussey.

I was being dead serious, no criticism.

I was being sarcastic.
I think he'll be a big contributor this season,and more importantly so does Wilder.
I have read Oxford fans bemoaning an apparent lack of pace.

He reminded me of when Coutts first joined us.

A little bit slow with the game passing him by tonight
loads of safe sideways passing going nowhere
with the occasional long pass which was usually misplaced.

However like when i first saw Coutts you can see than Lundstrum clearly has ability.
Once Wilder has worked his magic on Lundstrum he could become a younger version of Coutts and just as good.

He looked laboured, slow and off the pace. Had he had an injury recently? Looked like it, reminded me of the old coutts.

Why is Lundstram's every move seemingly being monitored? He's played twice for us and generated a thread each time.

We clearly have a new scapegoat. Let's forget how utterly gash Hanson was.

He looked laboured, slow and off the pace. Had he had an injury recently? Looked like it, reminded me of the old coutts.

Now I appreciate I know nothing and shouldn't really comment until the lad has had a few games and got used to how we play, but it doesn't bode well that following his introduction last Saturday I had an uncomfortable deja vu feeling about a midfielder we once signed from Hartlepool called Jon Cullen. I do hope I am wrong.:eek:

Why is Lundstram's every move seemingly being monitored? He's played twice for us and generated a thread each time.

We clearly have a new scapegoat. Let's forget how utterly gash Hanson was.
should we make him the scapegoat instead then ? Thought Wilder was yours

you are all insulting coutts, he was never as bad as that in the first half. You could tell coutts had quality when he had the ball at his feet, even when he wasn't match fit. To be far he did do better second half. But I am being kind! It kind of worries me we paid decent money for him though, why not us that money to bag lennard? The new fit Paul Coutts has nothing to worry about based on this performance.

Some players fit in seamlessly,some take time,and some,well some are Higgopotomus,Hammond or Hussey.

IF and it is a Huge if,this guy turns out to be a lemon then Wilder won't mess about.
Stand down lads.

Back
Top Bottom