Leeds fan in a nervous state

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You defended like your lives depended on it, was really impressed, Basham i think it was little nick took it away from Klich who would have had a great chance, that was one moment i remember.

HaHa no shots on target suggests you were all huff and puff. Don't play the unlucky card, you fluffed your lines we didn't.

You may be right id have to go and watch the 1st game to say for sure but certainly our goal had luck.

I thought we were the better team at home, been saying for a while now "if only...", so maybe today has levelled that a bit.

Agree with you on the top 3, whichever team loses out (even if it's Norwich) will be pretty hard done by if they don't go up in the playoffs. We've had the (mis)fortune of finishing third a number of times, and of course, never won a final.

It's a strange situation really, as the team that finishes third is likely to be more deflated and tired than the team who finishes in 6th.

Karma is simple.

We gave Leeds a lucky win with an almighty fuck up

We won today under pressure without an almighty fuck up

Leeds are like headless chickens and will beat fodder, we don't concede and score goals. I know who my money is on.

Yeah they did it was odd because thats rare and it wasnt always through your pressing sometimes it was just dreadful passing, pressure maybe? I dont know.

You choked mate, simple as that really . For more evidence look at the attempts you had at goal today that were snatched at and ended up miles off target .

I don't think anyone seriously doubts that you lot are a very good football team but you do choke on a relatively consistent basis ( in comparison to ourselves and Norwich ) Norwich are gung go right now and a relatively easy run in means they'll not drop too many points .

Us, on the other hand, have a similar run in to you, but we've developed a way to win ugly coupled with an attitude that means we simply refuse to be beaten . It's not luck that's led us to 7 clean sheets out of 7. A run that's seen us beat 3 of the top 6 out of 3 . Not bad for a team that was panned by many due to our apparent inability to beat anyone from the top 6 .

The season's not over by a long way yet and there's undoubtedly going to be more twists and turns yet . But one thing I'm certain of is this . If you do overtake us and are promoted ahead of us you'll deserve every bit if praise coming your way because you'll have had to do something pretty special to better our results . Wilders sides in the groove tend to be absolutely relentless .

either the late Joe Bamford (the eponymous JCB) or Anthony Bamford?

Not really sure why you’re on this thread at all, it doesn’t concern you but you’d have more credibility if you could spell Bramall correctly.

I think you'll find that the Bamford family were very wealthy long before Joe Bamford founded JCB in Uttoxeter..... and that they'd been making machinery since 1845. Hence why I called it a "dynasty", it goes all the way back to Joseph Bamford's great grandfather.

Bamfords Ltd was founded in 1845 in Uttoxeter and Bamfords International Farm Machinery was exporting farm machinery all over the world during the industrial revolution.

JCB still have a huge distribution centre in Uttoxeter today. Until recently they had a large factory there too. But the Bamford's association with Uttoxeter goes back almost 200 years, not the 74 years that JCB has existed. Joseph founded JCB because his uncle considered him too useless for Bamfords Ltd, the family firm.

Patrick Bamford is descendant of John. https://henrybamfordandsonsuttoxeterengland.co.uk/family-tree/

The lack of credibility is being displayed by you, seeing as you seem to think the Bamford dynasty = JCB.

Its a clinical edge we need said it all season.

Winds me right up.

You just aren't as good as you think you are, and lack mental strength as a club. You are bottling it again, like you always do, took you years to get out of League One.

You'll finish in the play-offs and then bottle that. "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again", as Norwich fans were singing in the pub before the game yesterday.

Well done Sheffield United, said before the game that you are better than Leeds. Its just obvious.

You just aren't as good as you think you are, and lack mental strength as a club. You are bottling it again, like you always do, took you years to get out of League One.

You'll finish in the play-offs and then bottle that. "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again", as Norwich fans were singing in the pub before the game yesterday.

Well done Sheffield United, said before the game that you are better than Leeds. Its just obvious.

To reciprocate the kind words, I think you are better than Rotherham as well, congrats on the 3 points yesterday.

Cjay Hope you appreciated the very classy interview by wilder accepting that you didnt deserve that result today. If I were a Leeds fan I would be as upset by the consequences of losing goalie and jansen for next few games. Anyroad it is now 2 from 3 with lots to play for and personally I would still prefer it to be us , Leeds and Wednesday through the playoffs. How epic would it be to have all three Yorkshire rivals in the prem. so often we haven't got we we have deserved this season - today it was your turn and this has been an excellent considered thread.
I havent seen any of the interviews mate, i meant to look for both managers interviews today just havent had a chance, fair play to Wilder if he did say that.

I am tbh, marginally upset about the result but its just 3 points 24 left to play for.

Losing Jansson and Kiko who have been rocks this season (Kiko really is a huge improvement on BPF) that could cost us much more then 3 points depending on how injured Jansson is.

Its been a good season for us both, Norwich to, Wednesday finding form, Preston, Villa, its anyones guess who will make it.

I'd prefer the best sides to get promoted, that would be us, Norwich and you.

But having 3 Yorkshire clubs in the top league for the first time since? I dont know has it ever happened? That'd be cool.

Zero shots on goal in 97 minutes is not luck just poor finishers.
Bash showed them how to do it with his second chance and thank that keeper for a rugby tackle and red card or it would have been 0-2.
First time we have had 0 shots on target since i dont know when, its a concern but hey ho.

Tbf your blocks and defending were key to that to, wasnt just us being wasteful.

Losing Kiko Casilla (their GK) and potentially Jansson is a big blow for them. Their backup keeper is pretty shaky, particularly on crosses, so I fancy Millwall to put them through the wringer a little bit with high balls. Don’t rate him at all. If Jansson is injured, that’ll be a blow as he’s their talisman at the back. Ultimately it’s up to us though to keep winning our home games and getting results away.

Form guide looks good:-

View attachment 50946
Worst thing about yesterday, 3 points aside and it may be harsh to say since he is just a young man but Bailey has cost us more then that this season.

Jansson looked in a bad way, can only hope it wasnt as serious as it looked and ice and rest will see him ok, i fear for us against an aerial bombardment with BPF and without Jansson.

We deserved something from that match at the Lane, possibly more so than we did today. I would have taken a point in both, so in the grand scheme of things am happy to have picked up 3 points overall.

Bielsa wasn't happy in the Sky interview was he? :p
3 points a piece is probably fair in the grand scheme, isnt much between the teams imo.

Was he not? I havent seen it, he genuinely hates giving 1 on 1 interviews and Sky do ask mundane questions.

I was hugely impressed with Leeds for 30 minutes. Surviving that spell was in no small part down to your players finishing. But the second half was an even contest as no team can maintain that constant movement for 90 minutes, and we started to breathe a little.

As has been pointed out, we gave your lot a chasing in autumn but couldn’t score either. Failing to do so means teams liable to get punished.

To be honest I’m more glad we’re not 5 points behind than I am about being second. It’s the difference between being outsiders and 50/50 contenders.
Two very well matched teams who have struggled to be clinical all season, probably the difference between us being 2nd, 3rd or being 1st.

Individual errors, not taking your chances, bit of luck, we have both had it this season, bloody annoying when your on the receiving end.:D

Still everything to play for, nobody has achieved anything yet.

3 points a piece is probably fair in the grand scheme, isnt much between the teams imo.

Was he not? I havent seen it, he genuinely hates giving 1 on 1 interviews and Sky do ask mundane questions.

It's worth a watch if you can find it, funny in some ways, cringey in others but as you allude to,his interviews always feel very awkward anyway.

Also agree that the Sky bunch are largely knobs.

HaHa no shots on target suggests you were all huff and puff. Don't play the unlucky card, you fluffed your lines we didn't.
Well ok then, if thats the case you were lucky we "fluffed our lines" and your blocks and defending had nothing to do with it?

I thought we were the better team at home, been saying for a while now "if only...", so maybe today has levelled that a bit.

Agree with you on the top 3, whichever team loses out (even if it's Norwich) will be pretty hard done by if they don't go up in the playoffs. We've had the (mis)fortune of finishing third a number of times, and of course, never won a final.

It's a strange situation really, as the team that finishes third is likely to be more deflated and tired than the team who finishes in 6th.

You may have been, i do remember we had some chances to though, probably a bit of a mixed bag bit like yesterday.

The playoffs fill me with dread.

It is a strange situation and a bit unfair really, but thats the way it is. Its a shame because imo the best teams should go up and if as is the case this season there are 3 standout teams then they should go up, but the playoffs mean that may not happen.

Karma is simple.

We gave Leeds a lucky win with an almighty fuck up

We won today under pressure without an almighty fuck up

Leeds are like headless chickens and will beat fodder, we don't concede and score goals. I know who my money is on.
We have a better record against the top 7 then anyone else lol.

And pre yesterday against the top half to (dont know if we still do, possibly.

You have found a way to defend well recently, credit for that.

But to say we beat fodder is wrong, if the league was decided on who beats the better teams then we would be well in front.

Choking, fluffing .. doesn't really matter. I hear other Leeds supporters saying if we had a 20 goal a season striker we'd be streets ahead but my aunt doesn't have balls and sh'es not my uncle. I do agree BUT we don't have one. Run in going to be a tad interesting to say the least.

You choked mate, simple as that really . For more evidence look at the attempts you had at goal today that were snatched at and ended up miles off target .

I don't think anyone seriously doubts that you lot are a very good football team but you do choke on a relatively consistent basis ( in comparison to ourselves and Norwich ) Norwich are gung go right now and a relatively easy run in means they'll not drop too many points .

Us, on the other hand, have a similar run in to you, but we've developed a way to win ugly coupled with an attitude that means we simply refuse to be beaten . It's not luck that's led us to 7 clean sheets out of 7. A run that's seen us beat 3 of the top 6 out of 3 . Not bad for a team that was panned by many due to our apparent inability to beat anyone from the top 6 .

The season's not over by a long way yet and there's undoubtedly going to be more twists and turns yet . But one thing I'm certain of is this . If you do overtake us and are promoted ahead of us you'll deserve every bit if praise coming your way because you'll have had to do something pretty special to better our results . Wilders sides in the groove tend to be absolutely relentless .
We did finish poorly, nerves, choked, maybe but your not even my team but i feel it is important and fair to say you did defend well, there were chances where had a defender not been applying pressure the outcome may have been very different.

Its strange though, i said this about is choking on our forum, but as was pointed out we have been fairly consistent all season and our league positions show that. Only dropped out of the top 3 once, 4th for a week i think it was, top 2 more then you and Norwich combined, 1st longer then anyone else, we must have some nerve because we have been the only side all season near the top.

Dont dispute we have maybe shown a little bit of a weak side recently, but we have shown we are able to remain in the leading positions since game 1, nobody else can say that, i take heart from that.

Didnt realise you had such a solid defensive record tbh until i read it on here, you seem to have a way of grinding our results which is vital at this stage tbf to you.

We certainly will, your form has been very strong for some time as has Norwich's, it wont be easy but i dont think anyone is not going to drop points from now, just got to hope from our point of view if you or Norwich do then we can take advantage.

We are the only side to not drop out of the top 4 all season, rarely out of the top 2 in fact and top longer then anyone else.

I dont deny that i am concerned with our performances in certain games recently but we have proven we are as good as we think we are this season.

Just have to check our record against the top sides, its better then you or Blades.

We have let ourselves down at times like all teams, we have been fairly beaten, we have been unfairly beaten, thats football.

But we are the most consistent side this season and i take hope from that.

If you only drop below 3rd for 1 week then that shows a lot imo.

We did finish poorly, nerves, choked, maybe but your not even my team but i feel it is important and fair to say you did defend well, there were chances where had a defender not been applying pressure the outcome may have been very different.

Its strange though, i said this about is choking on our forum, but as was pointed out we have been fairly consistent all season and our league positions show that. Only dropped out of the top 3 once, 4th for a week i think it was, top 2 more then you and Norwich combined, 1st longer then anyone else, we must have some nerve because we have been the only side all season near the top.

Dont dispute we have maybe shown a little bit of a weak side recently, but we have shown we are able to remain in the leading positions since game 1, nobody else can say that, i take heart from that.

Didnt realise you had such a solid defensive record tbh until i read it on here, you seem to have a way of grinding our results which is vital at this stage tbf to you.

We certainly will, your form has been very strong for some time as has Norwich's, it wont be easy but i dont think anyone is not going to drop points from now, just got to hope from our point of view if you or Norwich do then we can take advantage.

You write fairly objectively mate. Yesterday's game was a close one, you had a few decent chances, we had fewer, but our discipline was superb. Sharp was a difference for us, his all round play gave us an edge that seems to have gone overlooked in some quarters.

Really like Hernandez for you, a clever player that all teams need. Thought Alioski played well too.

I'm not getting too carried away as it's still very close, but for us, coming to your ground, it was a great and deserved result. Just when it mattered your guys seemed to turn off and we poached a goal out of nothing, says volumes about Wilder and what he's instilled in his players.

Nice reading your posts mate, and apart from wanting the Blades to get promoted, I hope you lot manage to get there too.

Don Goodman was hyping Phillips up ,saying he'd go on to great things
Must be me because every time I've seen him play I've not really noticed him either way apart from the shocking tackle last year

You may have been, i do remember we had some chances to though, probably a bit of a mixed bag bit like yesterday.

The playoffs fill me with dread.

It is a strange situation and a bit unfair really, but thats the way it is. Its a shame because imo the best teams should go up and if as is the case this season there are 3 standout teams then they should go up, but the playoffs mean that may not happen.

We know all about it mate
We've finished 3rd more than once and been far superior to the other three teams throughout the league campaign, but the third placed team brings disappointment into the play offs with them that the other three teams don't.

The play offs should be reviewed IMO
5th and 6th play over two legs to see who is going to play the 4th placed team

The 4th placed team plays at home in a one legged match

The 3rd placed team awaits the winner in the final

That would be a little fairer and recognise the league achievement a little more

That would be a little fairer and recognise the league achievement a little more

Thats a very good call and only fair for 3rd place .... (awaits comments re "you'd say that finishing 3rd etc ;) )

I think you'll find that the Bamford family were very wealthy long before Joe Bamford founded JCB in Uttoxeter..... and that they'd been making machinery since 1845. Hence why I called it a "dynasty", it goes all the way back to Joseph Bamford's great grandfather.

Bamfords Ltd was founded in 1845 in Uttoxeter and Bamfords International Farm Machinery was exporting farm machinery all over the world during the industrial revolution.

JCB still have a huge distribution centre in Uttoxeter today. Until recently they had a large factory there too. But the Bamford's association with Uttoxeter goes back almost 200 years, not the 74 years that JCB has existed. Joseph founded JCB because his uncle considered him too useless for Bamfords Ltd, the family firm.

Patrick Bamford is descendant of John. https://henrybamfordandsonsuttoxeterengland.co.uk/family-tree/

The lack of credibility is being displayed by you, seeing as you seem to think the Bamford dynasty = JCB.

You’ve grasped the use of Google well done you. Thank you for your potted history, which strangely omits mention of the global HQ at Rocester. I’m very comfortable with my knowledge of the company and family, lived in the area for 25 years, know dozens of people who work at JCB.

Still unsure why you’re here flailing around for no apparent reason. I suspect you may be a last word merchant, knock yourself out.

We know all about it mate
We've finished 3rd more than once and been far superior to the other three teams throughout the league campaign, but the third placed team brings disappointment into the play offs with them that the other three teams don't.

A one legged match sounds fun. Would they be allowed crutches, and parrots?

Seriously though, your idea for changing the play offs format is really good.

Back
Top Bottom