Leeds fan in a nervous state

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not our day.

Ironic that a mistake helped you score.

One of them things, we had no luck today, you defended well and things went your way.

2 weeks to dwell.

Blah.

Fair play for coming on. I thought we rode our luck in the first thirty minutes whilst we adjusted to the unexpected changes; but played quite well from then on in. We were our own worst enemies constantly giving away possession whilst Leeds defenders were our best players giving us the ball high up the park. Despite being below our best in this match we still had three chances for Basham on the counter, and two set pieces that we should have buried. You lot had your chances, particularly frst half. Overall three points each is fair over the two games, but we should've won at BL and you lot at ER. It will be nip and tuck until the end of the season.

Cjay Hope you appreciated the very classy interview by wilder accepting that you didnt deserve that result today. If I were a Leeds fan I would be as upset by the consequences of losing goalie and jansen for next few games. Anyroad it is now 2 from 3 with lots to play for and personally I would still prefer it to be us , Leeds and Wednesday through the playoffs. How epic would it be to have all three Yorkshire rivals in the prem. so often we haven't got we we have deserved this season - today it was your turn and this has been an excellent considered thread.

Not our day.

One of them things, we had no luck today, you defended well and things went your way.

2 weeks to dwell.

Blah.
One mistake that rugby tackle keeper saved it being 0-2 getting his deserved red.
No luck nope,just poor finishers.
Not one shot on goal in 97 minutes is not luck.

As for hairstyles they have the most embarrassing collection in the league.
Jug ears with a bun and the little mardy blonde who looks like Hitler youth to name a few.

Hé was mardy wasn't he ?

I applaud you for coming back on here after we’ve just beat you. We’ve put outselves in a great position now but still 8 games to go. I think it will be a travesty if the top 3 dont get promoted. As long as its you or Norwich that do it the hard way thats fine with us Blades!!
He's a good bloke the man Cjay

, but his team, or its historical legacy, really sticks in my craw.
Not his fault, as it's not his fault about the thug element always lowering the standing of LUFC in Britain.
However the team play great football, good to see many of us accepting that .

Losing Kiko Casilla (their GK) and potentially Jansson is a big blow for them. Their backup keeper is pretty shaky, particularly on crosses, so I fancy Millwall to put them through the wringer a little bit with high balls. Don’t rate him at all. If Jansson is injured, that’ll be a blow as he’s their talisman at the back. Ultimately it’s up to us though to keep winning our home games and getting results away.

Form guide looks good:-

8BB95E4F-225C-45D3-AF07-D594B76D8E25.jpeg

Perhaps, possibly, maybe, just as important was that you had no shots on target today?

Also, Bielsa. Ffs. I didn’t think there was a manager in the Football Lg with a face as much like a slapped arse as Lampard. I was wrong.
I did say that our biggest problem this season has been not taking our chances, its been a frustration since Stoke 1st day of the season.

Ah MB i havent seen it, he generally isnt mardy he is usually honest but his demeanour isnt the most cheerful in interviews ever, he hates doing them.

I couldn't help notice the difference between the hairstyles sported by the Leeds players and their fans, who generally look as if their hair has been coiffured by their grandmothers using a pudding basin or very large gravy boat.
We should all copy Ali.

To be fair your defence gave the ball away to us on the edge of your box about 5 times over the course of the match. Not sure I’d call that lucky, we were bound to punish you for one sooner or later.
Yeah they did it was odd because thats rare and it wasnt always through your pressing sometimes it was just dreadful passing, pressure maybe? I dont know.

Mate, good game, edge of the seat stuff for us, but the onus on you to win. Luck played it's part, but we got it right tactically and made life difficult for your guys
You defended like your lives depended on it, was really impressed, Basham i think it was little nick took it away from Klich who would have had a great chance, that was one moment i remember.

You used all your luck up at Bramall Lane.

We were well below our best 1st half but fairly comfortable in the 2nd.

Hendo sends his regards.
We had better chances second half imo, dont think you were comfortable but you were better then the 1st tbh.

Not our day.

2 weeks to dwell.

Blah.

We deserved something from that match at the Lane, possibly more so than we did today. I would have taken a point in both, so in the grand scheme of things am happy to have picked up 3 points overall.

Bielsa wasn't happy in the Sky interview was he? :p

I applaud you for coming back on here after we’ve just beat you. We’ve put outselves in a great position now but still 8 games to go. I think it will be a travesty if the top 3 dont get promoted. As long as its you or Norwich that do it the hard way thats fine with us Blades!!
Had to, I'd look a twat if i didnt :D

You have, Norwich to, we let ourselves down today again from our point of view, from yours a great win from ours another game where we didnt make the most of our opportunities.

Top 3 deserve to go up, i cant cope with the playoffs, be nice if you or Norwich would take those from us;):D

Zero shots on goal in 97 minutes is not luck just poor finishers.

...and great defending. In the Brentford game, we (mostly) restricted them to long-range shots or free -kicks. Similar to today.

Seven straight clean sheets tells its own story or, as Gary Player once said, 'The more I practice, the luckier I get.'

I was hugely impressed with Leeds for 30 minutes. Surviving that spell was in no small part down to your players finishing. But the second half was an even contest as no team can maintain that constant movement for 90 minutes, and we started to breathe a little.

As has been pointed out, we gave your lot a chasing in autumn but couldn’t score either. Failing to do so means teams liable to get punished.

To be honest I’m more glad we’re not 5 points behind than I am about being second. It’s the difference between being outsiders and 50/50 contenders.

Fair play for coming on. I thought we rode our luck in the first thirty minutes whilst we adjusted to the unexpected changes; but played quite well from then on in. We were our own worst enemies constantly giving away possession whilst Leeds defenders were our best players giving us the ball high up the park. Despite being below our best in this match we still had three chances for Basham on the counter, and two set pieces that we should have buried. You lot had your chances, particularly frst half. Overall three points each is fair over the two games, but we should've won at BL and you lot at ER. It will be nip and tuck until the end of the season.
If I've replied to you my mistake, ive sort of lost who i have and havent:)

Thought Kiko did really well with the one Basham had near the end of the first. Took you a while to settle as you say, we got in behind on a few occasions early on, just the final ball or a block denied us.

Probably is fair we each win one on balance although not sure you should have won at yours (id have to go back and watch that which i wont).

Fair play to Sharp when it mattered he hot the better of Cooper and kept his head to find Basham.

It is only 1 point difference so its not the end of the world for us, doesnt mean you will get automatica either but mentally it must be such a boost.

More concerned about what damage Jansson may have done tbh.

Leeds had the luck in the first game...we had it today. Both games could have ended in home wins actually.
You may be right id have to go and watch the 1st game to say for sure but certainly our goal had luck.

Back
Top Bottom