Leeds fan in a nervous state

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It is something of a worry mate yes. He is a Blade of.course but it would.be a big mistake as far as whoever ends up being in charge is.concerned to assume that will override anything. Sooner or later he will get noticed so we have to make sure as a club he is realistically given the tools to.do.the job. I think it might be tough for you guys if you don't go up in terms of keeping Biesla and / or some of your better players, but I would also say that about us or.Norwich whoever doesn't go up. In fact Farke looks like a cheesy bond villain so he might get poached for the next bond film ;)

It's a nice problem to have that's for sure!
Bielsa wont stay if we dont go up, fairly certain of that and wouldn't expect him to tbh.

He deserves a bigger stage.

Farke will end up at Uddersfield one day

Eh?

I did what when how and where.
The first ever reply to this thread: "scum". You 'liked' it. So I'm assuming you took it in the tongue in cheek nature it was meant. Or at least didn't take it too seriously as some have... :rolleyes:

Pep didnt say it mate its City fans, no reason for them to say anything really.

True on Wolves but Fulham were very poor for the first half of the season, id say we are a bit more consistent then them tbf.

Brentford are awesome to watch, have been for years.

I think at our very best we are awesome to watch, Wolves were to and Fulham and you and Norwich etc.

But personally id say on balance we are best for excitement, just my view.

We dont have Champions league players like Wolves, we didnt have the funds like Fulham or the years of building like you and Norwich.

????? "Years of building"????? Years of stagnation more like?! WDF? :eek::rolleyes:

MB watched the Reading managers games at his last club, MB will know everything already:p

May the best side win, I know there are 8 games after this one but the winner of this will probably go on to take an automatic spot. I expect an end to end game and it will come down to which defence handles the pressure the better, on current form we are pretty solid back there.

Normally dislike Leeds United but you’ve served your time in the doldrums so wouldn’t mind you club coming up instead of Norwich. The Norwich fans have already accepted they will top the league so it would be hiliarious to see them have a poor run and miss out.

Regards the match don’t feel too nervous and feel fairly confident we won’t lose.
If I had to bet money I’d go for a 1-1 draw (of course I’d accept a draw) but have a sneaky feeling it might be a 2-1 Blades win.

If Leeds United play well, dominate and win, then no complaints from me.
Always believe that the best teams deserve to be promoted.
I've noticed that, Norwich fans are absolutely convinced they will win the league and are absolutely definitely the best side, can understand confidence but its a bit early for celebration.

It would be nice to see 2 teams at there absolute best, if that happens then whoever wins absolutely deserves it. If there is a winner i hope its a deserved one.

I’m not really worried about Saturday::::
Win or draw great but if we lose!??. We just dust ourselves down and move on to the next game!!.
Although we have a poor record in the playoffs!!!. We’ve never had wilder in charge and we’ve got a vastly improved squad since our last playoff venture!!.
I really think it could be different this time but if it isn’t??. It will still have been one hell of a season and I’ve loved every minute of it. UTB

I know WIlder seems to be very good at solving problems put in front of him, but if we score first i dont think he will solve that, our record is exceptional after scoring first, be interesting to see though.

Was impressed with your January business, felt you lacked a bit of variety in the final 3rd, Dowell and Madine fixed that, smart business.

I thought we would fade to, given our injuries, the style, the amount of games, pleasantly surprised tbh. Yesterday gives us more hope, you played very well but that must have taken a lot our of your players, wonder if you will make changes?

Thanks i quite enjoy this forum , its busy.
Our best hope is if Sharp scores first.

We have some ridiculous record like 65 games where when Sharp scores we don't lose.

I'm sure someone will post it.

You seem to have turned the corner after a sticky patch.

We've not conceded a goal in the last 6. Scored 10 with just the one draw at the unwashed.

I see you scored 12 and conceded 3 in the last 6. That QPR defeat being your only blemish.

Should be a good game. Hope your goalie makes a mistake in a game you slightly shade.

We can call it quits then ;)

We still have more clean sheets over the season and allowed 4 less goals we have 1 less win 1 more draw pretty even .
Throw away the 1-0 gift Hendo gave Leeds last meeting that won't happen again. Expect some payback coming on Saturday.

Ayup Cjay. I must be going soft in my old age, but I can't rustle up the enthusiasm for hating everything about Leeds (football club and city) that I could when I was younger, and also not so very long ago. If we win on Saturday, I'll be overjoyed, but I wouldn't be too miserable if we lost, mainly because the modern Leeds side play great football and seem a far cry from the grubby, brutal and corrupt Revie era. This may be our year, but just by being third and very much in touch at this stage, it feels like our year come what may! If we play with the skill we possess, and with the bonkers determination we showed against Brentford, we can win, but obviously you can too. We couldn't get tickets, and as I jinx every single Sky game we play in, won't be watching that either!! We'll be in Leeds though, taking solace and anaesthetic at Northern Monk brewery, and praying for a miracle (or at least a point!). Enjoy the game, but not too much!!

The first ever reply to this thread: "scum". You 'liked' it. So I'm assuming you took it in the tongue in cheek nature it was meant. Or at least didn't take it too seriously as some have... :rolleyes:
Oh that.

Didnt bother me tbh, had far worse, not a problem:)

Water off a ducks back :D

Reactions: Dec
????? "Years of building"????? Years of stagnation more like?! WDF? :eek::rolleyes:
Years for Wilder to implement his style i meant unlike Bielsa who from the day he was appointed to the Stoke game had about 50 days give or take.

May the best side win, I know there are 8 games after this one but the winner of this will probably go on to take an automatic spot. I expect an end to end game and it will come down to which defence handles the pressure the better, on current form we are pretty solid back there.
I think thats true.

You are certainly very solid defensively, we arent to shabby either, pretty evenly matched really.

A perfect end of season would be 1st SUFC, 2nd LUFC and Norwich losing out in the play-off final to PNE.
Quite like Norwich to go up tbf, they do deserve it and the 3 best teams should go up.

Just hope not automatically.

I’m not really worried about Saturday::::
Win or draw great but if we lose!??. We just dust ourselves down and move on to the next game!!.
Although we have a poor record in the playoffs!!!. We’ve never had wilder in charge and we’ve got a vastly improved squad since our last playoff venture!!.
I really think it could be different this time but if it isn’t??. It will still have been one hell of a season and I’ve loved every minute of it. UTB
Good attitude.

Id hate the playoffs and not going up would be a disaster just because i dont think Bielsa would stay and I'm sure we would lose key players and frankly I'm sick of that.

Our best hope is if Sharp scores first.

We have some ridiculous record like 65 games where when Sharp scores we don't lose.

I'm sure someone will post it.

You seem to have turned the corner after a sticky patch.

We've not conceded a goal in the last 6. Scored 10 with just the one draw at the unwashed.

I see you scored 12 and conceded 3 in the last 6. That QPR defeat being your only blemish.

Should be a good game. Hope your goalie makes a mistake in a game you slightly shade.

We can call it quits then ;)
Thats crazy that.

Be interesting then if we score first and then Sharp scores because we always win after scoring first ;)

We have i think Patrick Bamford is a huge part of that, up until the WBA game he didnt look fit, since then he has been brilliant not just his goals but his all round game, id conpare it to McGoldrick but he is a better finisher then him imo.

Big big loss Bamford has been.

Both in great form, its very hard to call it.

Unlikely that:p Kiko Casilla has looked every inch the goalkeeper the Spanish press said he was, very very happy with him (dont make me look stupid now Kiko).

Should be exciting.

We still have more clean sheets over the season and allowed 4 less goals we have 1 less win 1 more draw pretty even .
Throw away the 1-0 gift Hendo gave Leeds last meeting that won't happen again. Expect some payback coming on Saturday.
You do indeed 1 more i think although in open play we are actually better across the board.

Scored more goals, conceded less, not huge amounts 1 less goal conceded 5 more scored.

You will do well to score vs us in open play at Elland Road, we have only conceded 6 i think it is.

What are you like at set pieces? That really is our weakness, has been all season.

They aren't a patch on wolves and Fulham last year, nowhere close. And that's just last year.

I doubt they'll overspend by a million quid a week either like Wolves did.

Saw you vs Wendies and thought Madine made you go overly direct tbh

Agree with this. I've warmed to Madine a bit (still/even after last night), my main gripe with him starting is that we seem to play a different game to how we've been playing all season. It worked against Reading, but the other games have been more miss than hit and I wish we'd stuck to our game plan. I think we need to keep him as an impact sub.

I can't believe I'm going to say this (I hate your club, no offence intended, you seem like a decent guy and you post on here without an agenda), but I'm actually warming to the idea of us and your lot going up instead of Norwich. I certainly need to wash my mouth out and also think I need to take up religion and practice Three Hail Marys, or at least ask the doctor for some medication!

Norwich defence often look all over the shop. sometimes. Decent attacking side, but they've relied on so many last minute winners. I've been thinking all season they'll fall apart, but they keep proving me wrong. I do think they're due a bad run. Problem is, time/number of games are running out.

Whichever of the three teams doesn't go up in an auto spot deserves a playoff promotion, but as we know all too well, league form counts for nothing in the playoffs.

It's going to be an interesting final few hurdles. Blades and Rotherham win on Saturday will make things most interesting! (Norwich should certainly conformably beat Rotherham, but they're a hard working side, and if they turn up thinking it's in the bag they could get a shock).

He clearly has an eye for what he needs, could see the logic with Norwood but was confused by Mcgoldrick, how wrong i was he is a technically very good player. Was impressed when Cranie became a cb and you would never know he wasnt a regular, some coaching that.

Prefer you went long tbf, we like a good battle for the 2nd balls, will be interesting to see if Duffy starts who was poor i thought at your ground (first time ive thought that when ive seen him) or will he start Dowell.

Its alright, Norwich have been impressive but if we dont go up automatically then i will feel we have let ourselves down. Top 7, we average 2 ppg, you and Norwich arent close to that, we also have a better record vs the top half. So to not win promotion imo means we have let ourselves down against a team we should have beat (QPR).

All 3 of us deserve to go up, 3 best teams by quite a distance, i will be supporting you or Norwich in the playoffs o_O:rolleyes::D

I remember McGoldrick playing against us for Ipswich at Bramall Lane a few seasons ago. I remembered his name because he once played for W*dnesday y'know - only on loan I think - and it clearly didn't work out for him there. But I remembered him most for his time at Forest. There was one game at Forest (maybe 2009) when him and I think it was, McGugan and Blackstock, ran riot against us. I thought McGoldrick was class that day , but I'd not heard anything about him for years after that - and so I was a bit surprised to see him playing against us for Ipswich. I actually joked with my son - something along the lines of..."bloody hell! David McGoldrick! I thought that old sod would have retired by now". I also remember saying to my son, "Ipswich can't have got much money if all they can afford is somebody like him as their main striker - he's way past it!".

And then the match kicked off and, as you do, I took particular notice of McGoldrick, having just told my son he was past his sell by date. What I witnessed was quite the opposite! McGoldrick really surprised me with his eager running off the ball, but even more so, his skill. He was technically very, very good. There was one bit when someone hit a pass to him and it was in the air, and he pulled it down with one foot and turned our player all in one movement. Sheer class! And I remember thinking...if that guy wasn't so injury prone Ipswich would have themselves a player there!

McGoldrick's injuries at Ipswich are legendary. But, isn't it strange that he's not had any problems whilst he's been here? It's a 3 or 4 hour drive, one way, from Nottingham where he lives, to Ipswich. I am only speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't mornings that the bedcovers pulled a bit, faced with the prospect of that drive to training.:( To me, that just isn't sustainable long-term - and I think that's got a lot to do with Ipswich not renewing his contract.

Ipswich's chagrin is our cheer. The guy is remarkably more able-bodied for living less than an hour from the training ground. In fact, this is almost like a second wind of his career for him. He'll be 32 this year and I suppose at some point over the next 2 or 3 season's he's going to lose that bit of sharpness that means he won't be able to cut it at this level. But for now, he's looked such a good player, the only criticism I have of him is that he's not selfish enough, for a striker. He'll look to pass it every time rather than have a bloody shot himself. And he usually misses at least one sitter every game! I like him to miss it early on, personally, so we can get it out of the way!;)

Reactions: Dkc
Quite like Norwich to go up tbf, they do deserve it and the 3 best teams should go up.

Just hope not automatically.
If we go up via the autos then I will be a very happy Blade.
A Norwich fail would just be a bonus.

Since both teams work very hard and will be up for it it's going to be a titanic battle. I hope it isn't decided by another United mistake but would obviously be very happy the other way round. Absent mistakes I am afraid to say you have more attacking quality with Hernandez , Bamford , Roofe. If it comes down to us losing to quality from Leeds we have to holdourvhands up and say getting to third place and a play off shoe in is a fantastic achievement and cetainly exceeds my pre season and mid season expectations.Iam looking forward to this match and unlike Wednesday match would accept defeat with equanimity. No poor refereeing decisions to alter match please and sadly predict 1-0 Leeds. Hope my head is very wide of the mark and my aching United heart gets yet more joy this season.

Norwich fan here who has lived in both Leeds and Sheffield, just signing up to tell you how much of a cringe fest this thread is.... you are supposed to hate each other.

Don't like either of you, looking forward to watching your game from a pub in Rotherham before watching us.... Here's hoping your little love in continues and you decide to amicably share the points.

Hope Sheffield United pip Leeds to second though, even if I'd never go to Brammall Lane again after some of your idiots stormed the away end exits and put a few of us in hospital.

Leeds are the most fickle fans in the country.... can still remember our top of the table clash in League One in 2008, only 17000 of you could be bothered to turn up then, we had 20000 season ticket holders that season. And you still go on about how massive you are.... proper cringe to see everybody become a Leeds fan again because you might get to watch Aguero tear you apart next season. Where did you go for the past decade? Old Trafford?

At least Sheffield United don't have all the plastics who are still dining out on that time you overspent and bankrupt yourselves to give yourself a good team for a few years under O'Leary, feel more like a proper club..... like Norwich.

From what I've seen this season, having played you both twice, Sheffield United are the better side. Certainly mentally stronger.

I just wish Norwich would spontaneously combust ,because we could be getting the Yorkshire champagne ready.

*puke*

Didn't realise Leeds and Sheffield United liked each other this much.... you are about to play each other in a promotion six pointer. Sounds like you want to play a game of soggy biscuit.

Norwich fan here who has lived in both Leeds and Sheffield, just signing up to tell you how much of a cringe fest this thread is.... you are supposed to hate each other.

Don't like either of you, looking forward to watching your game from a pub in Rotherham before watching us.... Here's hoping your little love in continues and you decide to amicably share the points.

Hope Sheffield United pip Leeds to second though, even if I'd never go to Brammall Lane again after some of your idiots stormed the away end exits and put a few of us in hospital.

Leeds are the most fickle fans in the country.... can still remember our top of the table clash in League One in 2008, only 17000 of you could be bothered to turn up then, we had 20000 season ticket holders that season. And you still go on about how massive you are.... proper cringe to see everybody become a Leeds fan again because you might get to watch Aguero tear you apart next season. Where did you go for the past decade? Old Trafford?

At least Sheffield United don't have all the plastics who are still dining out on that time you overspent and bankrupt yourselves to give yourself a good team for a few years under O'Leary, feel more like a proper club..... like Norwich.

From what I've seen this season, having played you both twice, Sheffield United are the better side. Certainly mentally stronger.

Who asked you?

It's a well known fact that Norwich sell out every season because it's a straight up choice of intercourse with your sister/aunt/mum or go to the football.

I do agree though that a love in with Leeds is wrong on all kinds of levels.

I don't care which of you gives up your top 2 place personally as long as one of you does.

Last edited:
We have i think Patrick Bamford is a huge part of that, up until the WBA game he didnt look fit, since then he has been brilliant not just his goals but his all round game, id conpare it to McGoldrick but he is a better finisher then him imo.

Big big loss Bamford has been.

I fucking hate Bamford, but have no idea why.

Thought the derby was pretty dire tbh, neither team looked anywhere close to there best, nerves?

True, the season wont be over for either of us if we lose, but the mental damage may be done.

Think the neutral does think Norwich will go up, we have had quite a few admiring glances because of Bielsa but that puts pressure on us, you can play without that, pressure got to us vs Norwich.

Ah i remember those days, we also spent a fair amount of time doing nothing in this league, season is usually over by now lol.

It's what happens when both teams would "rather not lose" than go out and try to win. The Sheffield Derby needed an early goal from a spectator point of view.
The game is becoming a bit of a joke, a simple thing like controlling a football and passing it to a team mate went completely out of the window because of the fear of losing. Wendy won't open up against us and we've not been able to play our normal game because the ball is in the air all the time

The sheer hatred has cranked up several notches lately and losing is not an option, hence shite games

You should check your own message boards. More rimming of Leeds on there than anything you'll witness here. The dislike for Leeds amongst Blades, isn't a scintilla of that reserved for South Barnsley. That's what happens when you have a proper derby.

Back
Top Bottom