Last Man Standing 17/18 III - Week 9

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jim Chimmerney

Can hear the 'Cod Army' roar from his back garden
Reaction score
Off we go again, two picks this week to try and find a winner.

Just to re-iterate, the 1st selection is just like a 'normal' week, if you're wrong you're out (unless everyone is wrong !). Pick 2 will only come into play if we don't have a winner after the 1st one.

Good luck all......

LMS_17_18_3_9.png

Foxy can you pin please, cheers.

I get knocked down but I get up again ain't never gonna keep me down ☺

duJjO.gif

Thank you Wolves :(

Typical that the second pick is winning lol

Looks like spongebobblade is taking the glory..

anigif_original-20953-1455209006-4.gif

Congratualations to our winner. Join the Honours Board, mate. We can tuck you in with the rest, below me. :) :)

Thanks fellas, it’s just pot luck really. I’ve just managed to dodge the fluke results
:)

Well done spongebobblade .
At last. Thanks again Jim Chimmerney for running this comp. after the hassle me and a few others may have given him he may walk away?
If it is run again can we tie down the rules to avoid similar?

No probs, here's the original rule from Brownie;

8. If every player left in any round loses, then all the players involved in that round remain in the competition.The competition will not be rolled over.

and more recently;

5. If every player left in any round loses, then all the players involved in that round remain in the competition.

To be honest, it's worked fine, 9 weeks is the longest we've gone and everyone losing has only happened twice but I'll have a think and post something later :)

No probs, here's the original rule from Brownie;

8. If every player left in any round loses, then all the players involved in that round remain in the competition.The competition will not be rolled over.

and more recently;

5. If every player left in any round loses, then all the players involved in that round remain in the competition.

To be honest, it's worked fine, 9 weeks is the longest we've gone and everyone losing has only happened twice but I'll have a think and post something later :)
Thank you Sir for the clarification. if an adjustment is needed then would it be appropriate to suggest that the week after that happens everyone pick two or is that what happened?

Thank you Sir for the clarification. if an adjustment is needed then would it be appropriate to suggest that the week after that happens everyone pick two or is that what happened?
We usually increase the number of picks anyway when it gets to the final 2 or 3 just so it doesn't roll on for ages. There were a few suggestions here;

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/last-man-standing-17-18-iii-week-8.61406/

Given it is 'last man standing', I guess the 'right' way is to re-start with a roll-over if everyone is wrong as there is no actual winner. Do we just allow those who took part in THAT particular competition to re-enter ? As suggested, I think giving those who got to the 'final' week a free entry is also a good idea.

It's cup next weekend so we can have a week off and re-start the week after. Happy to listen to any ideas and can everyone please just respond here with a yay or nay either way so we can take a decision.

Cheers.

I think it’s fair that those who get to the final week get a free pass, others that were involved in the competition pay £10 again with any newcomers paying £20 (or the equivalent to others if it’s a double rollover). Double picks when we get down to the last four maybe? Free entry for life for all previous winners?
;):p:D

I think it’s fair that those who get to the final week get a free pass, others that were involved in the competition pay £10 again with any newcomers paying £20 (or the equivalent to others if it’s a double rollover). Double picks when we get down to the last four maybe? Free entry for life for all previous winners?
;):p:D
Totally agree with your last rule. :D

Back
Top Bottom