Player Suggestion Jens Petter Hauge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bergen Blade

Reaction score
Norwegian 20 year old attacking midfielder, who's been sensational in Norway this season. He's usually playing on the left, but is right footed, and will be happy if he's given a free role and allowed to attack. Personally I'd be looking to play him in a similar role that Wilder used David Brooks in, i.e. as a roaming, creative no 10 behind the main striker. He's very quick, a great dribbler, but also has composure, vision and can finish. His teams give him the ball, and he just runs at defenders immediately, incredibly direct.

He's far too good for the Norwegian league, and Bodø/Glimt actually accepted a £2m bid from Cercle Brugge this summer. But they have a great chance of winning the title and Hauge said he wanted to do that before he left. So he'd probably be a January signing... They're also still in Europe, playing AC Milano at San Siro on Thursday. Watched him for Norway U21 against Holland (who are great at that level) and he caused them problems too.

Norwegian 20 year old attacking midfielder, who's been sensational in Norway this season. He's usually playing on the left, but is right footed, and will be happy if he's given a free role and allowed to attack. Personally I'd be looking to play him in a similar role that Wilder used David Brooks in, i.e. as a roaming, creative no 10 behind the main striker. He's very quick, a great dribbler, but also has composure, vision and can finish. His teams give him the ball, and he just runs at defenders immediately, incredibly direct.

He's far too good for the Norwegian league, and Bodø/Glimt actually accepted a £2m bid from Cercle Brugge this summer. But they have a great chance of winning the title and Hauge said he wanted to do that before he left. So he'd probably be a January signing... They're also still in Europe, playing AC Milano at San Siro on Thursday. Watched him for Norway U21 against Holland (who are great at that level) and he caused them problems too.

We need a quality AM get on the phone to our scouts about the lad.

Great suggestion, watched him live. He scored a proper predatory goal last I saw him.

These are cheap gambles for a PL team. Not much to lose and if he delivers his value goes through the roof.

I thought Man Utd were favourites to sign him?

Not saying we shouldn't consider him but the top flight level of football in Norway is obviously below Premier League standard by a no man's land mile.

Still early yet but if we do end up in the relegation battle this season then our next signings ideally need to already have a chance of really impacting the first team and hit the ground running (which we probably don't have the funds to do at the moment I know). However this kid could likely take a good season or two to finally bed in and adjust.

He is the correct profile of player we should be looking at, but again especially coming from the Norwegian league for me there is a question mark if Hauge could make a difference for us straight away thus if we were to sign him it should be as an exciting future prospect (even then this wouldn't necessarily only command a small transfer fee).

Not saying we shouldn't consider him but the top flight level of football in Norway is obviously below Premier League standard by a no man's land mile.

Still early yet but if we do end up in the relegation battle this season then our next signings ideally need to already have a chance of really impacting the first team and hit the ground running (which we probably don't have the funds to do at the moment I know). However this kid could likely take a good season or two to finally bed in and adjust.

He is the correct profile of player we should be looking at, but again especially coming from the Norwegian league for me there is a question mark if Hauge could make a difference for us straight away thus if we were to sign him it should be as an exciting future prospect (even then this wouldn't necessarily only command a small transfer fee).
Buy and go to Beerschot on loan?😎

Similar hairstyle to Berge. Get him in!

Seriously though, he looks a good prospect (I like the sound of great vision and pace) - he's someone we could get in for relatively cheap.

It sounds really condescending but the quality is noticably poor (at times) from the bits I've watched on Eurosport, not too dissimmilar to L1 & L2. The better sides and a decent player stick out like a sore thumb.

I've heard his name bandied around for what feels like a year or two now. Or have I been playing too much Football Manager?

Only caught 20 minutes of it, but Bodø/Glimt seems to have done very well. Hauge set up the first, then scored the second and looked like Messi as he set up a teammate for a sitter just at the end... Think we're a bit late with this one, he must surely attract interest from the bigger European clubs after that.

Not anymore, but I trust United have good knowledge of what's happening in Norway at the moment, as proved by us signing Coulibaly.

Perhaps you should reconsider, I trust you did suggest players sometime ago but now we are in the PL we maybe are in a better position to scout these players properly

Only caught 20 minutes of it, but Bodø/Glimt seems to have done very well. Hauge set up the first, then scored the second and looked like Messi as he set up a teammate for a sitter just at the end... Think we're a bit late with this one, he must surely attract interest from the bigger European clubs after that.

Never heard of him or his team but he looks mighty impressive. Maybe if we move NOW we could get him for a good fee.

Back
Top Bottom