In memory of Boo Radley (Kieran)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Last week a regular in my pub came up to me and mentioned this forum and that he had been told I contribute, he mentioned Boo, it turns out it it his brother, strange really, rest in peace Boo.

It’s is now up to £1515 plus gift aid.

I’ve just been out and ran for an half hour and then checked this, and doing this for a fantastic bloke and a fantastic cause is all the motivation I need to go out and smash the Donny half marathon on Sunday.

Thankyou to everyone who has contributed so far, and helped support us with this run, it showed to me that the Blades family are just one giant surrogate family as we help support Boos family when they need us the most, and that makes me immensely proud

I’ve just been out and ran for an half hour and then checked this, and doing this for a fantastic bloke and a fantastic cause is all the motivation I need to go out and smash the Donny half marathon on Sunday.

Thankyou to everyone who has contributed so far, and helped support us with this run, it showed to me that the Blades family are just one giant surrogate family as we help support Boos family when they need us the most, and that makes me immensely proud
dig deep, and so you should be proud...very proud...all of you

What’s your personal best on Strava for half marathon Brownie? And do you think you can beat it on this course?

What’s your personal best on Strava for half marathon Brownie? And do you think you can beat it on this course?

Got two all time bests.

Back in 2012 I did it in 2:46.13 and last year I did it according to Strava in 2.50.13 but the official time came in at 2:53.32 for the Great North Run.

I feel like I’m going to best it by a fair distance. Targeting 2.45 but going to try and do the first 10k in about 1.15 and then see where I go from there.

My running shoes are falling to bits now but I’m too attached to them to let them go but I’m wondering if they will survive Sunday

Got two all time bests.

Back in 2012 I did it in 2:46.13 and last year I did it according to Strava in 2.50.13 but the official time came in at 2:53.32 for the Great North Run.

I feel like I’m going to best it by a fair distance. Targeting 2.45 but going to try and do the first 10k in about 1.15 and then see where I go from there.

My running shoes are falling to bits now but I’m too attached to them to let them go but I’m wondering if they will survive Sunday
If they have them, Stick behind the 2:40 pacer and you can always drop back just don’t smash it in the first half.

If I see under 2:40 for half marathon on your strava I’ll stick another £100 in, £50 for under 2:45.

No pressure ;)

Edit: that’s £50 or £100... not £150 😂

If they have them, Stick behind the 2:40 pacer and you can always drop back just don’t smash it in the first half.

If I see under 2:40 for half marathon on your strava I’ll stick another £100 in, £50 for under 2:45.

No pressure ;)

Edit: that’s £50 or £100... not £150 😂

No pressure then........

And thanks for this, it’s a tremendous gesture, and I’m hoping I deliver

So here we are, night before the run.

I just want to say how absolutely humbled I feel for the responses and generosity shown by our community. You'll note I haven't used "surprised" because I Know how United we all are when it matters and how much Kieran was liked.

Thank you, each and everyone of you.

So here we are, night before the run.

I just want to say how absolutely humbled I feel for the responses and generosity shown by our community. You'll note I haven't used "surprised" because I Know how United we all are when it matters and how much Kieran was liked.

Thank you, each and everyone of you.

Had to get in before the good luck post didn't you!...

Good luck to the lads, make sure you get us some photos :)

Fantastic gesture and the spark behind the best part of £1900 and counting towards a worthy cause, in memory of a great bloke who would support you every step, love your t-shirts and be having a pint with you at the finish.

Well they've made it round with reports of some personal best action amongst the times...

Very well done to Geary23, raul and brownie !

IMG-20190609-WA0004.jpg

Will let them chuck any more details on once they've had a well deserved drink.

If you haven't yet and wish to, the link for donations to the British Heart Foundation in memory of boo radley is as follows: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/booradley

Last edited:
Thanks for all the support and well wishes.

I’m absolutely shattered now, can hardly walk as I picked up a nasty foot injury half way round but dig deep, carried on regardless and ploughed on to a new personal best.

The undoubted highlight of the day was seeing Mrs Boo who had come to cheer us all on 400 yards from the end and it gave us all a fantastic reminder of what a great bloke we have done this for today.

Seriously proud of what I’ve done today, what raul and Geary23 have done, and all the fantastic support we have had from everyone

I’m absolutely shattered now, can hardly walk as I picked up a nasty foot injury half way round but dig deep, carried on regardless and ploughed on to a new personal best.

The undoubted highlight of the day was seeing Mrs Boo who had come to cheer us all on 400 yards from the end and it gave us all a fantastic reminder of what a great bloke we have done this for today.

Seriously proud of what I’ve done today, what raul and Geary23 have done, and all the fantastic support we have had from everyone

Great effort fella 8 mins off your PB!

Donation made.

Fantastic effort by all 3 of you, in memory of great bloke. Did us proud, did Kieran proud and did yourselves proud.

Cheers pal and very much appreciated.

What is satisfying now is to say that I actually did leave everything out there. I’m aching badly this morning but proud I gave it my all
Sounds like you left a bit of your foot out there too!

Message from the Boo family here. Just to say how much we greatly appreciate everyone’s kind words and thoughts these past few weeks. We would like to thank everyone who has been able to donate via the JustGiving page, a massive £1750 + gift aid has been raised; this exceeded the target of £250 and all monies raised will be going to a good cause. And a special thank you to those who ran the Doncaster Half Marathon on Sunday raul brownie Geary23 in memory of Kieran.

Back
Top Bottom