Have you ever wanted to run on and clobber the ref?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
At 64 years old i thought i would have grown out of wanting to clobber the ref but it remains with me!

Do i need to see someone about my feelings or is it normal to want to confront the twat who is so against my team?

At 64 years old i thought i would have grown out of wanting to clobber the ref but it remains with me!

Do i need to see someone about my feelings or is it normal to want to confront the twat who is so against my team?

I think this season sadly it was our game on Sky away at L**ds. That twat Phillips was sliding in taking players out then went and nailed Baldock with a nasty challenge in front of our fans and got away with it.

I think the scream was audible and I am not sure how that prick Philips was allowed to stay on the pitch in that match.

A referee in Brazil got beheaded on the pitch a couple of years ago.

Some might think that's a bit of a disproportionate response, but I do at least appreciate the proactive approach to ensuring that officiating standards are maintained....

It's clobbering time!
images

upload_2018-5-20_18-30-59.jpeg

How's the butcher trade in Eastbourne these days?

I only got into Junior football management to avoid being a ref.

And here we have people wanting to assault them. Truth be told, I'm wondering if fan-bias might lead one to believe in ref-bias.

I believe it's incompetence rather than bias.

I only got into Junior football management to avoid being a ref.

And here we have people wanting to assault them. Truth be told, I'm wondering if fan-bias might lead one to believe in ref-bias.

I believe it's incompetence rather than bias.

I've gone through the whole gammut of thinking it's cheating, incompetence, chickening out, whatever but now I think that most of the time it's just they have a different view (angle) than the fans, who are generally at the advantage of being at a higher elevation than the incident. I also think all the other things play a part to a degree; refs were afraid of Alex Ferguson and it showed by Man utd winning so much when they were neither a better team nor better managed than the others directly competing with them.

No, it's part of the game. Players fuck up, managers fuck up, referees fuck up. This rather ridiculous expectation of perfection leads to the massive balls-up that is VAR. It is a game of opinions, opinions are subjective therefore it will never have 100% accuracy. VAR is just another layer of opinion, I'd rather stick to the ref fuck ups.

No, it's part of the game. Players fuck up, managers fuck up, referees fuck up. This rather ridiculous expectation of perfection leads to the massive balls-up that is VAR. It is a game of opinions, opinions are subjective therefore it will never have 100% accuracy. VAR is just another layer of opinion, I'd rather stick to the ref fuck ups.

It 100% shouldn't be part of the game. It doesn't happen in any other sport so why should it in football? Glen Cockerill smashed one into the top corner and the ball came flying out off the stantion and was not given, fair? No chance. VAR when perfected will be fair.

It 100% shouldn't be part of the game. It doesn't happen in any other sport so why should it in football? Glen Cockerill smashed one into the top corner and the ball came flying out off the stantion and was not given, fair? No chance. VAR when perfected will be fair.

It will never be perfected because it is giving decisions on subjective incidents. Ask a 100 fans, ex-players, ex-refs about a controversial penalty decision and there will still be disagreement even after the VAR judgment as we have already seen. That's nothing to do with VAR not working and eveything to do with these decisions being opinion. It isn't crcket, was the ball hitting the wicket; or tennis, was the ball in or out. These are all simple fact, yes or no. Football has far more that is subjective; it's even written into the rules as it always says, "in the opinion of the referee."

No. But I’ve wanted to wander round to the car park after a game, meet up with the referee, rip his throat out and barbeque it in front of him on many occasions :rolleyes:

There is no reason whatsoever why VAR shouldn’t be used in Football.

They’re making a fuck up of it all for some strange reason, if they used it properly and promptly it would work just like every other sport.

Not having VAR will just mean the cheats have even more leeway, we have to do everything we can to limit the cheating and VAR will help this. I can’t stand cheating twats!

This, totally agree.

Tried once, bloody Wendy fan on our kop got in my way, so he got one in the kidneys!

It will never be perfected because it is giving decisions on subjective incidents. Ask a 100 fans, ex-players, ex-refs about a controversial penalty decision and there will still be disagreement even after the VAR judgment as we have already seen. That's nothing to do with VAR not working and eveything to do with these decisions being opinion. It isn't crcket, was the ball hitting the wicket; or tennis, was the ball in or out. These are all simple fact, yes or no. Football has far more that is subjective; it's even written into the rules as it always says, "in the opinion of the referee."

Rules will change mate, VAR will be subjective maybe 10% but factual 90%, surely that has to be an improvement on jokers like Mike Dean doesn't it?

A referee in Brazil got beheaded on the pitch a couple of years ago.

Some might think that's a bit of a disproportionate response, but I do at least appreciate the proactive approach to ensuring that officiating standards are maintained....

No. But I’ve wanted to wander round to the car park after a game, meet up with the referee, rip his throat out and barbeque it in front of him on many occasions :rolleyes:

I think you’d have lost his attention if you’d ripped his throat out.

They’re making a fuck up of it all for some strange reason, if they used it properly and promptly it would work just like every other sport.

Not having VAR will just mean the cheats have even more leeway, we have to do everything we can to limit the cheating and VAR will help this. I can’t stand cheating twats!

Yep, the FA need to invest in it properly. Maybe even make sure every ground has a big screen fitted so everyone in the ground knows what is going on. Even if the FA have to fund those screens for clubs that don't have one.

Its possible to implement properly for key decisions during a match. As usual though the FA have so far and will make a complete fuck up of it.

Most games tbf, thing that pisses me off so much is when they pussy out of giving a penalty because it seems harsh for the foul that they committed in the box, even though anywhere else we would get a free kick. I think in these situations failing getting a pen, indirect free kicks should be used more often, since you can see why a pen wasn't given, yet we get nothing for what is essentially cheating us out of a chance at a goal.

The goal line technology, brilliant. Works every time because it's a simple yes or no like a line call in tennis. VAR Will work for some things but there will still be VAR decisions that are disagreed with, diving not diving, contact not contact for a penalty and a few others, it's already happened and I can't see that changing.

Rules will change mate, VAR will be subjective maybe 10% but factual 90%, surely that has to be an improvement on jokers like Mike Dean doesn't it?

To respond to the OP, it will not be too long before fans want to run into the VAR box and punch the video ref.

Back
Top Bottom