Has the famous bbc finished

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Boxer Blade

Reaction score
No not that bbc, I was in take away last Saturday night and chatting to the owner a young fellah

he was talking about the game and asked me if there was any bother seeing as it was Millwall

in town, now this lad has told me in the past, not in a cocky way that his brother was involved

with the BBC (I know we have heard it before) and he himself has as well, I told him I had heard

there was apparently some trouble Friday night, this lad (Asian) has often rattled off names,

think he thinks I have been involved, but no not with the BBC, after my time but it got me wondering

some years ago they were regularly in the news, has this type of organised trouble now finished
and the more well known crews like Millwall, Chelsea,West Ham,rovrum and Wendy gone away?

Boxer

Harry I agree but it was and probably still is a young mans thing, a lot of young men
over the years have got involved with a bit of trouble, not necessarily football that
they woukd never do when they got older, doesn't make it right its just one of those things

The police film everything in and around the ground. They don't need to put themselves in harms way anymore by getting involved.
They'll film you, kick your door down in the middle of the night, arrest you, name and shame you, ban you, fine you and maybe even lock you up.
It can wreck your personal life, your social life and even your professional life.
If that doesn't put people off giving others a kickin for supporting a different club then I don't know what will.

Harry I agree but it was and probably still is a young mans thing, a lot of young men
over the years have got involved with a bit of trouble, not necessarily football that
they woukd never do when they got older, doesn't make it right its just one of those things

I'm not sure about that, many of the nobheads committing the random acts of violence on their own fans during the Hull game at Wembley looked in their mid 40s.

Some people are just intrinsically nasty bastards.

No not that bbc, I was in take away last Saturday night and chatting to the owner a young fellah

he was talking about the game and asked me if there was any bother seeing as it was Millwall

in town, now this lad has told me in the past, not in a cocky way that his brother was involved

with the BBC (I know we have heard it before) and he himself has as well, I told him I had heard

there was apparently some trouble Friday night, this lad (Asian) has often rattled off names,

think he thinks I have been involved, but no not with the BBC, after my time but it got me wondering

some years ago they were regularly in the news, has this type of organised trouble now finished
and the more well known crews like Millwall, Chelsea,West Ham,rovrum and Wendy gone away?

Boxer
Not if Friday and Saturday are anything to go by. They looked like they were out in force to me when rampaging round town Friday night from what i got told and then charging up St Marys Gate at the cordened off Millwall fans on Saturday, something i witnessed first hand, it was crackers. So in short, no mate, they're not.

I always feel football trouble is still there, bubbling under the suface but with the police

seemingly on top of it you just dont see it any more, as for Wembley it was just behind me,

football, beer and sunshine dont mix well,never have, nevef will.

Not if Friday and Saturday are anything to go by. They looked like they were out in force to me when rampaging round town Friday night from what i got told and then charging up St Marys Gate at the cordened off Millwall fans on Saturday, something i witnessed first hand, it was crackers. So in short, no mate, they're not.

I wish the team would show the same f***ing spirit!

Good shout john, it sounds ideal really dosnt it, thinking of going to France next summer

it sounds a great idea for around five days watching England in the sun but you just worry

that you could end up in the wrong place at the wrong time and the police thinking England

fans

56, just watching the same made me laugh, wife asked me what I found funny, straight

over the bar.

Having watched football for almost forty years I have never ever understood why anyone would get any pleasure or thrill out of wanting to go out an commit physical violence over it?
you forgot to add; pay for the ticket,pay for the travel just to go and have a scrap about what ? and possibly get locked up, brainless twats !

I think the BBC/SRA were probably a necessary evil in 1970's/80's when visiting hordes of hooligans would try and "take" the home ends and attack innocent fans.
They were a vanguard against that.
In the 1989 documentary about United, a supporter made a similar point when interviewed.
So although all modern "firms" are indeed sad wankers and I certainly don't condone violence of any kind, I don't entirely share the same antipathy towards them either.

So although all modern "firms" are indeed sad wankers and I certainly don't condone violence of any kind, I don't entirely share the same antipathy towards them either.

Not that I'm particularly saddened by the fact... but the majority of modern attempts at firms from my experience tend to simply see a result as letting off the odd smoke bomb and shouting a few angry words once assembled safely behind a row of storm-troopers or in the safety of the back of a stand.

Which I suppose is better than dodging the hatchets and darts :)

Not that I'm particularly saddened by the fact... but the majority of modern attempts at firms from my experience tend to simply see a result as letting off the odd smoke bomb and shouting a few angry words once assembled safely behind a row of storm-troopers or in the safety of the back of a stand.

I agree, it's just posturing by 16-18 year old scrotes trying to be men usually. If they saw the sort of trouble that kicked off 30 years ago they'd shit a brick.

No sadly they still exist .The Big Brave Cowards were really brave when they pushed past me and the missus on Saturday, I have never seen such heroics before. The young police woman in their way deserved to get pushed to the ground as they tried to get to the Millwall fans.
If anyone I knew was in such a moronic gang of weak willed thugs, we wouldn't be friends. I assume they're all virgins as no woman in their right mind would put up with such a prat. That said I was in a gang once in junior school, oh and I was also a virgin .....

The police film everything in and around the ground. They don't need to put themselves in harms way anymore by getting involved.
They'll film you, kick your door down in the middle of the night, arrest you, name and shame you, ban you, fine you and maybe even lock you up.
It can wreck your personal life, your social life and even your professional life.
If that doesn't put people off giving others a kickin for supporting a different club then I don't know what will.

Big Brother is watching me. Makes me feel so much safer.

I always feel football trouble is still there, bubbling under the suface

not just at football, trouble in general I think. But there's so much surveillance now and I reckon it's mainly that, plus improvements in detection and forensics, and the removal of lead from petrol ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27067615) that keeps it under the surface.

I always feel football trouble is still there, bubbling under the suface but with the police

seemingly on top of it you just dont see it any more, as for Wembley it was just behind me,

football, beer and sunshine dont mix well,never have, nevef will.

How do you justify carrying on a sentence in a

new paragraph

?

Fascinating.....

Regarding the row of storm-troopers - My Sister-In-Law is a PC and was once assigned to police the Forest/Derby match. She was part of a cordon of officers protecting a load of Forest fans from Derby scrotes. There was one particular Scrappy-Doo dickhead Derby fan who kept running at the cordon with a "let me at 'em, let me at 'em" attitude knowing full well the wall of plod would protect him.
The dyed-in-the-wool Sergeant who was next to my Sister-In-Law got a bit pissed off with him, grabbed hold of him by the scruff of the neck and dragged him through the cordon, plonked him amongst the Forest fans and turned his back on him.
His screams, begging to be let back through, seemed to diffuse the situation because the Forest fans were too busy pissing themselves laughing to batter him :D

Back
Top Bottom