Hammerings

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stevo

Reaction score
Just a thought from yesterday , looking at the palace result, as shite as we have been all season, we haven't been whalloped by 4 or 5(as yet) would we not be better just going all out attack, throwing caution to the wind, even though it could result in a few batterings, I'm pretty sure we would accumulate more points and get to the promised land of 12.......points that is, not league position

Just a thought from yesterday , looking at the palace result, as shite as we have been all season, we haven't been whalloped by 4 or 5(as yet) would we not be better just going all out attack, throwing caution to the wind, even though it could result in a few batterings, I'm pretty sure we would accumulate more points and get to the promised land of 12.......points that is, not league position

Both Manchester clubs coming up. Keep your powder dry.

I feel a coup de grace is in the making. One of these teams is setting themselves up for a bit more than the much vaunted 'lost by just the single goal' with dry bummage with a short-step run-up and cocked leg, double bicep to camera and smile with a twinkle.

pommpey

In 57 Premier League games over a season and a half, we've only conceded more than 3 in a game once - the 4-1 defeat at Chelsea.

It is a quite remarkable statistic given that we were a newly-promoted side last season and where we are sat in the league this season. Even more so when you consider the number of occasions that every other team in the Premier League, without exception (even Liverpool, Man U and Man City do), has occasional drummings where they concede 5, 6 or 7 goals.

Expect a cricket score against Man Utd.

Even if most the Man Utd squad had to COVID quarantine I would still expect us to lose.

We will have a 10 man defence hard to breakdown but still expect us to concede at least a couple

I think we're due a real beating tbh. If Spurs had been so inclined they could have got 5 or 6 yesterday, but they were in second gear.
Man U missed a few good chances last time we played them as well

We look void of any creativity in the final third, just start passing it in triangles and get closed down. Bar Bristol and Newcastle we look clueless going forward and can’t find a final ball to set up a shot

We look void of any creativity in the final third, just start passing it in triangles and get closed down. Bar Bristol and Newcastle we look clueless going forward and can’t find a final ball to set up a shot
Norwood received the ball in a shooting position around 22 yards out on 2 occasions yesterday after some neat play. He dithered and we lost possession.

Hi, Stegosaurus here,

We're long overdue a good rogering. City could be the one---5-1

We're so nonthreatening and the oppo know it. Why waste the extra energy for a few more goals when the points are already wrapped up after 1 or 2.

The only time we've conceded 5 in a League game under Wilder was when we lost 5-4 to Fulham in 2017-18.

We haven't scored more than 4 in a League game under Wilder.

When was the last time we conceded 6, or more in the League? The last 6-0 I recall was against Man City, at Maine Road, in around 2000.

When was the last time we conceded 6, or more in the League? The last 6-0 I recall was against Man City, at Maine Road, in around 2000.
That looks right.

Prior to the Fulham 5-4 reverse, I think the last time we conceded 5 in a League game was a 5-1 defeat at Ipswich in 2004.

The last time we scored 5 in a League game was a 5-2 win at Rochdale in 2012.

When we beat Port Vale 4-0 at the Lane under Wilder we did have 4 goals disallowed and I reckon at least 3 of those were dubious. We should have had double figures that day.

That looks right.

Prior to the Fulham 5-4 reverse, I think the last time we conceded 5 in a League game was a 5-1 defeat at Ipswich in 2004.

The last time we scored 5 in a League game was a 5-2 win at Rochdale in 2012.

When we beat Port Vale 4-0 at the Lane under Wilder we did have 4 goals disallowed and I reckon at least 3 of those were dubious. We should have had double figures that day.

We lost 5-2 at Swindon in 2014-15, same season as the 5-5 draw.

We last won at City in 1987-88 when we somehow won 3-2.

Since then:

2-4 (League Cup)
0-2
2-3
0-2
0-0
0-0
0-0
0-6
0-0
0-0
0-2

We won’t score. It’ll be something nil.
I was there at Maine Road. We should have had a penalty towards the end of the first half. Ref realised he made a mistake. As soon as we went in their box in the second half he blew his whistle. Pen! I think Colin Morris stuck it away.

Teams know we can't score. They go ahead and then play more on the counter but because we don't really attack they comfortably win by a goal.

They don't push that hard for more goals and we don't push that hard to equalise.

It's not a sign of us 'being in games', it's a sign that we're too crap to attack teams!

I think we're due a real beating tbh. If Spurs had been so inclined they could have got 5 or 6 yesterday, but they were in second gear.
exactly spurs could have thrashed us yesterday and they never got out of 3rd gear yet still missed 3 or 4 easy chances i really fear the worst in next 2 games got to go 451 imo

Back
Top Bottom