'Memries' Great last-minute goals

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Darius Henderson at Bristol City away to complete his hat trick, Bristol City scored in injury time to make it 2-2 and we scored literally straight from the kick off to win it 3-2.

I remember on Sky Sports News, three consecutive updates were Bristol City Equaliser - Henderson goal - Full time. Apparently nothing in all of football happened anywhere but Ashton Gate (I think it was your normal Saturday afternoon game).

I think Chris Morgan scored late on to beat Stoke in our previous promotion out of the Championship. That was the day even I started to believe that we would go up.

Darius Henderson at Bristol City away to complete his hat trick, Bristol City scored in injury time to make it 2-2 and we scored literally straight from the kick off to win it 3-2.
A "where were you moment" for me. Co-Op in Chesterfield watching the full time scores coming in. Reactions in the space of a minute from their equaliser to our winner drew some baffled looking stares from the other shoppers.

A "where were you moment" for me. Co-Op in Chesterfield watching the full time scores coming in. Reactions in the space of a minute from their equaliser to our winner drew some baffled looking stares from the other shoppers.

Was having a drink in the Brown Bear on Sheffield when it happened. Its hardly a pub known for football and its usually full (or it was) of old uns enjoying a pint and celebrating avoiding the grim reaper for another day. Remember me having the earphones in and shouting a very naughty swear word which got a good few disapproving looks from the old Brigade when BC equalised, only for me to give a much louder 'get the fuck in you fuckin beauty' when Utd went down the other end and immediately grabbed the winner. Think i was asked to drink up and leave by the pub manager the boring tw@t (he supported Bradford if memory serves me right). Tbf to him, the shock of my very loud celebration probably set off a few of the old uns having heart attacks.

You could very well be correct as I seem to remember a last minute Edwards goal v Wigan around that time. The Kenworthy header must have been against someone else, but I remember it seemed a very important late winner for us (as did the Edwards goal as well). We seemed to score a few dramatic late winners back in the day (and my memories not what it was!).

the Kenworthy header was against Wigan in a different season - 1983-4. It was in the 8th minute of injury time and earned us a 2-2 draw after they’d been the much better side.

Brian Deane vs Port Vale in 1990. Was a huge goal
Listened to praise and grumble after that one, I know, amazing things that stay with you.
A w#####day phoned in giving us some bollox.
"Who've they beat ? great win... pah?
Who are Port Vale. Eh ? Nobody. Nobody has ever even heard of 'em. They've beat nobody !"
Wednesday were soon to become acquainted with these nobodies.

Jostein Flo at Southampton 93 ish. 3-1 down and down to 10 men. Last minute equaliser, mini pitch invasion, scenes. Well pissed that day.

Mrs called me a gobshite. Eldest daughter told me I scared her. My youngest looked at me in fear.

Fuck em all.
The long and the short and the tall ⚔

I ran round the house hoping my pig neighbours could hear me! We're making memries right now, not still milking a League Cup win 30 years after the udder dried up!

Didnt Try Dalais score a last minute winner against Portsmouth at the lane ,a 40 yard thunderbolt that nearlly ripped the net off.

I saw the footage of it on here a few years ago. I swear from memory it was close to the halfway line but in reality it was more like 25 yards.

A few others from memory:

Marcus Bent bundling home against Barnsley in a 3-3 draw.

Peschisolido away at West Brom in 2001 to win 1-0.

Andy Gray’s equaliser from the spot against Arsenal in 05.

Was having a drink in the Brown Bear on Sheffield when it happened. Its hardly a pub known for football and its usually full (or it was) of old uns enjoying a pint and celebrating avoiding the grim reaper for another day. Remember me having the earphones in and shouting a very naughty swear word which got a good few disapproving looks from the old Brigade when BC equalised, only for me to give a much louder 'get the fuck in you fuckin beauty' when Utd went down the other end and immediately grabbed the winner. Think i was asked to drink up and leave by the pub manager the boring tw@t (he supported Bradford if memory serves me right). Tbf to him, the shock of my very loud celebration probably set off a few of the old uns having heart attacks.

Surprised your new fangled technology wasn’t confiscated on entry.

When we were in the Prem (first time around) we were 2-0 down to lower division Burnley in the FA Cup 3rd round in January 1993, Adrian Heath having scored a long range free-kick for the visitors. We pulled one back and then Paul Beesley got the equaliser in the 97th minute. It proved crucial as we went on to reach the all-Sheffield semi-final which may or may not have been a good thing depending on which way you look at it.

You could very well be correct as I seem to remember a last minute Edwards goal v Wigan around that time. The Kenworthy header must have been against someone else, but I remember it seemed a very important late winner for us (as did the Edwards goal as well). We seemed to score a few dramatic late winners back in the day (and my memories not what it was!).
We were 2-0 down at home to Wigan in 1983 with very little time left. Tony Kenworthy got both goals in front of the kop to equalise - One a free kick into the top corner and the other a header

Greatest part about Egan's winner besides the result and the performance was that my Pig supporting in laws happen to have called round on their way back from Whitby

Jags and Ndlovu.

I win.
My dad took me to this and it was one of my very first games as a young lad.

I remember jags scoring and I turned to him and said "Dad, will there be golden goal now?" (FIFA 01 used golden goal rule which was where a lot of my footy education came from!) Then up steps Nuddy ft The Chiefs arse. The rest is history.

My dad took me to this and it was one of my very first games as a young lad.

I remember jags scoring and I turned to him and said "Dad, will there be golden goal now?" (FIFA 01 used golden goal rule which was where a lot of my footy education came from!) Then up steps Nuddy ft The Chiefs arse. The rest is history.

Mate and I travelled back from Liverpool for it (was at uni). We did it a lot that season with the epic cup runs. Back then it was only 12 quid return haha.

I saw the footage of it on here a few years ago. I swear from memory it was close to the halfway line but in reality it was more like 25 yards.

A few others from memory:

Marcus Bent bundling home against Barnsley in a 3-3 draw.

Peschisolido away at West Brom in 2001 to win 1-0.

Andy Gray’s equaliser from the spot against Arsenal in 05.
I think the West Brom goal was Asaba. We were down to 10 men, last minute Pesky trys and shot/chip from 30+ yards, it bounces down off the bar, Asaba diving header for the winner. Mayhem in the away end. Went with my three young kids who told my wife when we got home I was hugging other men when we scored

Greatest part about Egan's winner besides the result and the performance was that my Pig supporting in laws happen to have called round on their way back from Whitby

Were they as sick as the proverbial pigs that they are?

We were 2-0 down at home to Wigan in 1983 with very little time left. Tony Kenworthy got both goals in front of the kop to equalise - One a free kick into the top corner and the other a header

Was a good lad was Tony Kenworthy. In a time when we seemed to be constantly shit, there were few positives from those sides Utd offered us beleaguered fans. TK was certainly one of them, a decent player, wholehearted, and a lad who genuinely cared about the result and club.

I remember him coming back to the Lane for the first time since he left, and he played for Mansfield against us in a league Cup tie. Some idiots on the Kop booed him and were chanting 'gypo gypo' to him. You could see that it genuinely pissed him right off. Not some Blades fans finest hour, and one of the few times I have genuinely been embarrassed by some of my fellow Blades fans. He deserved a lot better that night for the service he gave us earlier in his career. Hopefully he has forgiven us that small indiscretion.

Were they as sick as the proverbial pigs that they are?
Yeah, made even worse for them by the fact that they got stuffed by Preston later on in the evening! Definitely potential for them being relegated next season, they've got progressively worse since losing to Hull in the play offs

I'm sorry to say it, but when it comes to great, late goals "you'll never beat Des Walker"

_39225735_des_walker200.jpg

Steve Cammack, April 1972, last minute equaliser against Leeds at BDTBL.

The first really significant late goal that I can remember seeing live (very significant to me because it was against Leeds)

I remember it being a real screamer but that may just me remembering ever more fondly whenever I think about it.

Steve Cammack, April 1972, last minute equaliser against Leeds at BDTBL.

The first really significant late goal that I can remember seeing live (very significant to me because it was against Leeds)

I remember it being a real screamer but that may just me remembering ever more fondly whenever I think about it.
April 1975

v York (h) 5.10.71. Salmons making a despairing run down the left, saw his shot deflected into the path of Woodward in the inside right position. The ball seemed nearer his left foot than his right foot, but the winger improvised a stupendous right foot volley from 22 yards, which swerved high into Hillyard's left hand corner.

v Manchester United (h) 30.9.72. Certainly, Woodward's mean shot from the penalty spot smacked of a man who still felt the earlier injustice. Twelve minutes earlier Manchester United were lucky not to concede a more obvious penalty when Woodward was felled by Dunne.

Back
Top Bottom