'Memries' Great last-minute goals

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've toned down my celebrations around my little one after she got scared earlier in the season (Burnley at home I think).

Can't wait for her to understand more so she can join me. Wears her kit when we're on the tele though so that's good.
How old is she? Mine are 4 and 11 months. My 4 year old has been to the Lane twice (FA Cup games so very sedate) so she knows what a goal is, and she saw the Burnley and Spurs games. She told me I need to shout quieter.

That makes no sense sweetheart. You need to get used to it.

I've toned down my celebrations around my little one after she got scared earlier in the season (Burnley at home I think).

Can't wait for her to understand more so she can join me. Wears her kit when we're on the tele though so that's good.
My wife took the kids out for ice cream so that I could shout at the tv as much as I wanted

How old is she? Mine are 4 and 11 months. My 4 year old has been to the Lane twice (FA Cup games so very sedate) so she knows what a goal is, and she saw the Burnley and Spurs games. She told me I need to shout quieter.

That makes no sense sweetheart. You need to get used to it.

She was 3 1/2 at the time. Minding her own business playing with toys and then I'm jumping and shouting haha.

Since then she's taken more of an interest. Even had a few footie sessions for toddlers and kicks a ball about with me in the apartment.

She was 3 1/2 at the time. Minding her own business playing with toys and then I'm jumping and shouting haha.

Since then she's taken more of an interest. Even had a few footie sessions for toddlers and kicks a ball about with me in the apartment.
I wish mine would have a kick about. But alas, I'm a Barbie man.

I'm the only man in this house. I need a release. And if that means the kids get a bit concerned about me shouting then so be it.

I've mopped up the spilt ale anyway. Went barmy.

Not sure if it was last minute or something like 87th minute but I enjoyed Billy's late winner at Peterborough.
We got a lot of late goals under both Bassett and Warnock.
Going back further, I remember Billy McEwan putting David Frain on against Sunderland after about 87 minutes in November 1986. I said to my mate "What's the point in sending him on now?" Frain then curled a beauty in at the Kop end in the last minute.

I remember Tony Kenworthy scoring with a bullet header very deep into injury time in a night match in front of the Kop against Wigan in a big promotion match (might have been division 4 season) to win it for us in a 1 nil win. Place went mad.

Very reminiscent actually of the goal last night and from the same side corner. I imagine the scenes on the Kop would have been the same as well 40 years later, if we could have been in the ground.

Just checked, date was 23 March 1982.

Darius Henderson at Bristol City away to complete his hat trick, Bristol City scored in injury time to make it 2-2 and we scored literally straight from the kick off to win it 3-2.

I remember Tony Kenworthy scoring with a bullet header very deep into injury time in a night match in front of the Kop against Wigan in a big promotion match (might have been division 4 season) to win it for us in a 1 nil win. Place went mad.

Very reminiscent actually of the goal last night and from the same side corner. I imagine the scenes on the Kop would have been the same as well 40 years later, if we could have been in the ground.

Just checked, date was 23 March 1982.
It was Edwards from a Morris cross wasn't it ?

My wife took the kids out for ice cream so that I could shout at the tv as much as I wanted
My son was on the phone to a mate during the Spurs game being sympathetic about his fiancée ditching him and all his mate could hear was me shouting “get the fuck in!” downstairs, apparently I didn’t help 😂

It was Edwards from a Morris cross wasn't it ?

You could very well be correct as I seem to remember a last minute Edwards goal v Wigan around that time. The Kenworthy header must have been against someone else, but I remember it seemed a very important late winner for us (as did the Edwards goal as well). We seemed to score a few dramatic late winners back in the day (and my memories not what it was!).

Marcelo, Notts County away, FA Cup after being 3-1 down with about 5 minutes left.
Took the game in to extra time and there was a steady flow back in to the stand from those who'd given it up.

Back
Top Bottom