From the BBC Match Report

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

pommpey

THE FUTURE ... AS IT USED TO BE
Reaction score
"590. Posted by Electman

As soon as the Premiership gets rid of the likes of Stoke with their orc fans and players who look like they should have a bolt through their necks,they replace them with this shower from Sheffield."

"582. Posted byTop Left

Would getting a penalty really make you feel better about being second best to a newly promoted side run on a shoe-string ?"

"576. Posted byalan

An English player managed to stay on all game, must have been lonely with no one to talk to. Sheffield on the other hand.......say no more."

And ...

Bramall Lane blues for Arsenal - the stats
  • Arsenal have played more Premier League games at Bramall Lane without victory than they have any other ground in the competition (4 - D2 L2).
  • Arsenal have lost four of their last seven Premier League away games against newly-promoted sides (W3), as many defeats as in their previous 49 matches (W33 D12 L4).
  • Three of the 10 bookings for diving in the Premier League this season have been awarded by Mike Dean (30%), with no other referee issuing more than one this campaign. He gave out two cards for diving on Monday night.
  • Since the start of last season, Arsenal have been shown more cards for diving than any other Premier League team (7).
  • 13 of Jack O'Connell's last 14 goal involvements in the league for Sheffield United have come at Bramall Lane, including each of his last eight (3 goals, 5 assists).
  • Sheffield United's Dean Henderson has kept 25 clean sheets in the league since the start of last season; more than any other goalkeeper in England's top four tiers.
  • Sheffield United's Lys Mousset has scored two goals in six Premier League appearances this season (1 start, 5 sub apps), one more than he registered in 24 games for Bournemouth in 2018-19 (1 start, 23 sub apps).
And ...

"From then on, it was all about the Sheffield United defence. The hosts, incredibly, have not lost a league game when leading at half-time since 2014 and they managed the remainder of the game superbly, with their back three of O'Connell, Chris Basham and John Egan forming a formidable barrier.

"I have so much respect for Sheffield United's back three," BBC Radio 5 live summariser Chris Sutton said. "They have come up through the leagues together, they are well oiled and well drilled.

"It is the best defence in the Premier League this season, along with Liverpool."

Fucking hell.

Have we ever felt this good about Sheffield United? I have a Spuds colleague at work punching the air this morning and my boss is a Gooner.

UTB!

pommpey

I don't pay my taxes for you to start a thread every 5 minutes.

Get some work done:

1571738911799.png

BTW, good post!

Back
Top Bottom