Friday is huge......

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hoping for a win!
Expecting a win!
Would I be happy with a draw? No, I’m like Chris Wilder, depending how the game plays out, obviously.

As it stands, we’re better than Leeds so why anyone would be happy with a draw is beyond me!

Although if we do end up losing or drawing I know we’ll have given it a good go, playing some tremendous football.

Is it just me who sees this as just another game? I don't know if hating Leeds is an older generation thing. Does someone want to shed some light on the matter?
very probably.. the Leeds team of the 70's were the nastiest dirtiest bunch of shitbags that ever set foot on a football field.. if you look on my profile you'll see it says Leeds 1-1 as my favourite game of all time.. they scored in the first few minutes and then proceeded to play every timewasting trick in the book for the next 85.. Norwich were amateurs in comparison. then we equalised in added time.. fucking brilliant. and they nicked Jones, TC, sabella, deano, hamson..
if you late 40's mid 50's then you'd understand ask large mendonca :D (i'm assuming you are related and he is older!)

Is it just me who sees this as just another game? I don't know if hating Leeds is an older generation thing. Does someone want to shed some light on the matter?

Leeds were famous in the 70’s for having one of the best teams in world football, lots of skill but really dirty. Would do anything to win, cheat, kick, foul, anything. Football started being televised from about 1970, so during the 70’s you found loads of fans all around the country supporting Leeds. You even had a few school kids choosing to support Leeds instead of United or Wednesday, This explains why Leeds still have loads of supporters all around the country, although many are aged 50 plus now ha ha.

They bought all our best players and Blades hero’s.
Tony Currie, Alex Sabella, Keith Edwards and Brian Deane.

We had loads of hooligans in the 80’s but Leeds had a few more. Ripped out a few seats on the Bramall Lane end.
The Leeds match was the one where our hooligans always came out to play, always an hostile atmosphere.

However I do agree they’ve become a bit non discript in the last 10 years so the rivalry isn’t as bad.

It's an older generational thing. You had to be there. They are still as vicious and nasty as they were then, but maybe with CCTV and modern "policing" they can't get away with as much. I can tell you now that I have been away in the Shed at Chelsea, on the Kippax at City, hunted down in Liverpool and bricked on the Kop at Pigsborough, but I genuinely was scared at Leeds and glad to get out of the place. (Early 70's). It's weird, but in those days there was a certain etiquette about hooliganism whereby you might know roughly what to expect and bar something going badly wrong with a psychopath you emerged alive. Leeds didn't play by any rules. This mirrored their cunt of a manager at the time.

Don Readies used to send Brown Bag Bremner round to the opposition dressing room with a handsome bribe. He was as bent as he was obnoxious. He also had anal sex with farm animals and Ted Heath.

Sue me.

very probably.. the Leeds team of the 70's were the nastiest dirtiest bunch of shitbags that ever set foot on a football field.. if you look on my profile you'll see it says Leeds 1-1 as my favourite game of all time.. they scored in the first few minutes and then proceeded to play every timewasting trick in the book for the next 85.. Norwich were amateurs in comparison. then we equalised in added time.. fucking brilliant. and they nicked Jones, TC, sabella, deano, hamson..
if you late 40's mid 50's then you'd understand ask large mendonca :D (i'm assuming you are related and he is older!)

Steve Cammack.

I'm with you here but my dad fucking hates Leeds. To me they're the biggest club in Yorkshire by some way but I don't hate them at all. Not even above Forest in the teams I'd like to see us beat but as stated above it goes back further than I can remember

Last edited:
We will tear you a new one - 4-0 Leeds . Safe trip lads and behave yer sens

It's an older generational thing. You had to be there. They are still as vicious and nasty as they were then, but maybe with CCTV and modern "policing" they can't get away with as much. I can tell you now that I have been away in the Shed at Chelsea, on the Kippax at City, hunted down in Liverpool and bricked on the Kop at Pigsborough, but I genuinely was scared at Leeds and glad to get out of the place. (Early 70's). It's weird, but in those days there was a certain etiquette about hooliganism whereby you might know roughly what to expect and bar something going badly wrong with a psychopath you emerged alive. Leeds didn't play by any rules. This mirrored their cunt of a manager at the time.

Went to Elland Road quite a bit in 68-71. Football was often great but the atmosphere was toxic. There was a lady selling razor blades in a tray outside the ground. Apparently Plod couldn’t stop it because they were in their wrappers. Cunts used to put them in the front of their boots. You’d be in a crowd and feel something on the back of your leg and find blood everywhere. Fucking cowards.

Think it all depends on which Leeds turns up. If it was the dross at the Stadium of Rust, no probs. If it's the one as of last week at Bristol C, could be a different matter.

I'm with you here but my dad fucking hates Leeds. To me they're the biggest club in Yorkshire by some way but I don't hate them at all. Not even above Forest in the teams I'd like to see us beat but as stated above it goes back further than I can remember
i used to hate them ‘more’ than the pigs

Don Readies used to send Brown Bag Bremner round to the opposition dressing room with a handsome bribe. He was as bent as he was obnoxious. He also had anal sex with farm animals and Ted Heath.

Sue me.

Bet you'd make a superb after-dinner speaker.......don't suppose you have any photos?

It was a shame about Leeds of that era, they had some great players, and could, when they were of a mind, play some great football. Eddie Gray will always be one of the top players, up there with the very, very best for me. Sadly, their manager set the tone, and what emerged was a side capable of the most cynical football possible. Revie himself lowered the bar to such an extent that his club have been left with a stain they cannot remove.

Think you might be in for a surprise mate ;)
Nope seen you a few times and th
Went to Elland Road quite a bit in 68-71. Football was often great but the atmosphere was toxic. There was a lady selling razor blades in a tray outside the ground. Apparently Plod couldn’t stop it because they were in their wrappers. Cunts used to put them in the front of their boots. You’d be in a crowd and feel something on the back of your leg and find blood everywhere. Fucking cowards.

I've always hated Leeds. For me Wednesday are the pantomime villains, that team you love to hate, where as Leeds I just fucking hate. It's the arrogance from the whole club, fans who believe they are the best in the country (over 100k applied to go to Wembley you know) , a series of scum bag players, crooked owners, awful hooligans. Fans still haven't accepted the fact they are a second tier side (over 250k fans applied to go to Wembley you know) , they beat even Forest and Liverpool to the most deluded fans award (over 2M fans applied to go to Wembley you know) .

So obviously I hope we beat them, they seem a bit Jekyll and Hyde this season; fantastic one week, awful the next. If they play as badly as they did against our neighbours we'll best them comfortably, however on their day they're more than capable of knocking a few past us. Should be a good game.

Its the culmination of the Sky TV round robin and there is a theme it seems.

We played Pigs we were brilliant and won,Pigs they had an off day and played shit.

Leeds played Pigs,Pigs played brilliant and won,Leeds they had an off day and played shit.

Blades play Leeds and ? ? ? ? ? ?

10 changes from last Saturday's team for L**ds in tonight's match at Leicester. This Friday's match is important for them

Back
Top Bottom