Friday is huge......

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Looking at the fixtures after the Leeds game we have some fairly winnable games coming up against mid to lower table teams. If we can get a decent result at Leeds it will give us so much confidence to go on and get some decent results through October and November. Who knows what can happen then.

I'm sure Wilder will have them revved up for this one as well so absolutely buzzing for Friday night. A positive performance and 1 or 3 points could really continue this euphoria for a while longer.....

Looking at the fixtures after the Leeds game we have some fairly winnable games coming up against mid to lower table teams. If we can get a decent result at Leeds it will give us so much confidence to go on and get some decent results through October and November. Who knows what can happen then.

I'm sure Wilder will have them revved up for this one as well so absolutely buzzing for Friday night. A positive performance and 13 pints could really continue this euphoria for a while longer.....

Corrected for ya:)

I'm sure Wilder will have them revved up for this one as well so absolutely buzzing for Friday night. A positive performance and 1 or 3 points could really continue this euphoria for a while longer.....
Wilder was (or pretended to be) offended when asked about this on Saturday. Said his lads never need revving up for a game, and any that do need revving up would be out of the team straight away.

Big one in terms of the league table, as well.

The fact that Leeds still won't go above us even if they win is great, but if we won and really opened that gap it'd be a great bit of breathing space between us and the rest of the pack. A 7 point gap between us and 4th place would be lovely, and it'd also keep the pressure on Wolves and Cardiff to get results.

Great result for them away at Bristol at the weekend and they'll be favourites as the home team, but 3 defeats prior to that lets us know that they're certainly not Barcelona. Seemed to crumble against a side we beat rather comfortably and comprehensively a month ago :rolleyes:

I've never been so optimistic about games, I don't fear anybody any more.
The thing is, I know we will go for it and play well so even if we don't get anything I won't be that disappointed.

^^^^

this 100%, i believe we will go for it , even if we have a freak loss and off night a la Walsall and loose 4-1 I wouldnt be worried at all
-knowing CW and this team would then go on a long winning run !

The thing is, I know we will go for it and play well so even if we don't get anything I won't be that disappointed.

Exactly the right attitude. Of course we’re going to lose games and there’s a chance Friday will be one of them. Let’s hope (forlornly, I fear) that knees remain un-jerked should that be the case.

Me, I’d take a draw me (sorry Neil).

That’s exactly how I feel.

You can never legislate for any result. Luck, moments of class, ref decisions can affect the result. So I accept we could lose.

BUT I do know that we go to Elland Road with no fear. We will play well, like we always do playing positive attacking football.

I predict a 1-1 (which I’d be satisfied with) purely because we are long overdue a draw.

Next step in the development? To get a win away from home against one of the really big sides (&, hate to say it, but they are).

In saying that, a draw would be a very decent result, clearly.

As stated above Leeds play tomorrow so Friday will be 3rd game in less than a week. Remember how that affected us?
Not sure they will be full strength against Leicester, but the core may be there. Let's hope they aren't as fit as us on Friday. Any points would be a decent result. Let's not get ahead of ourselves despite dizzy times being a Blade!

And I will be sat watching it with a couple of pints in The Crown in Killamarsh, with a few like minded individuals and maybe a smattering of streaky backs.
2-2 draw prediction but praying for 3 points as always, only the lord (Wilder) can answer our prayers!

If Wednesday, one of the slowest, boring, negative and pedestrian teams in the league can beat them 3-0, we should really be aiming to outdo them. :D

I’m joking of course- all I ask for is that we play the way we have been doing so far this season and put in what’s become the typical United performance. Any points we take from the game is just a bonus.

Not sure of the result but I'm backing over 4.5 goals. Could genuinely see it being 4-3 either way

Difficult to call this one.

Leeds have a good side and occasionally look impressive, but have also lost to some poor sides in recent weeks.

No reason why we can't go there and win, and i'm sure we'll play positively for a result as we always do. Since our record seems to be about play 3, win 2 lose 1, I wouldn't be suprised if we lost, but leeds are there for the taking, and we could beat them so.... draw?

Back
Top Bottom