Football in a Library

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Topblade41

Reaction score
Ipswich & Reading games have been dire atmospheres especially in G & H blocks, first few home games the fans were awesome but now seem to have gone very quiet and becoming expectant. Get behind the boys and drive them through the nervy times like today. FFS we have only just come up - teams are gonna have stages in games were we are on the back foot and it’s up to us to help them through it not winge & moan, come on you red & white wizards

Ipswich & Reading games have been dire atmospheres especially in G & H blocks, first few home games the fans were awesome but now seem to have gone very quiet and becoming expectant. Get behind the boys and drive them through the nervy times like today. FFS we have only just come up - teams are gonna have stages in games were we are on the back foot and it’s up to us to help them through it not winge & moan, come on you red & white wizards

Didn't really hear anyone getting on their backs but I agree that many have quickly become expectant and that it should be better than it is.

Can I interest you in this? https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...ier-to-improve-home-support-atmosphere.58837/

I’m in H block so not far from BLUT, hopefully if you get it going in there it might spur G&H on. A few at back of G&H try to get songs going but it’s dying on its arse at the minute. I don’t get it we are in a special place and have the best team for years and we are turning into the prawn sandwich brigade

G and H is a prime example of what safe standing would sort out. If a lot were stood in those blocks, it'd pick up again, I'm sure of it.

Sounded brilliant on the feed, Blades fans didn't stop singing. They must have a mike in front of the kop.

8 posts?

Did your other 7 include Billy Sharp isn't good enough to start every week, Coutts can't control a game for 90 mins, McCabe needs to sell up...

Was suppose to be a positive rally call type of post not a winge. Other 7 were probably positive as well, wow 1570 posts.

Really quiet on Westfield HEATH Upper.....so frustrating...team needed us in the last 20 mins and as hard as I tried to get people to stir and encourage the team.....silence.....frustrating!! I know we are all nervous and as Blades we are always expecting us to screw up ..and maybe we are all expecting too much now but COME ON BLADES, get behind the lads, they are doing more than their bit, they are playing brilliantly!

I know we are all nervous

I thought this was a pathetic excuse last season but it's even worse now. We're in the Championship and are clearly going to survive. There's absolutely nothing to be 'nervous' about. For any non fairies anyway. And no one who knows this team should be expecting us to screw up.

I think a lot of it is to do with our fans not knowing how to react when things are going perfectly. We're not used to it and it's almost like we're not too keen on it either.

Was the loudest I've noticed the Kop in the games where I've not been in the Kop, although OP is right in that G/H were a touch quiet

can’t stay still, got to keep improving. What can we do to make the atmosphere even better? Need G & H in full flow!

Not sure. Anyone got any suggestions??

Look at Stoke. Used to be a dogshit atmosphere at the Britannia when they were bumping along in lower mid table Championship, now its an absolute bear pit.

We can top that.

Completely agree. Considering how the team are playing and the effort the players are putting in the atmosphere has been shocking at just about every home game this season.

I don't know whats happened to our vocal support, it seems to have gone down a notch at away games too.

Joint 2nd in our first season back in the championship and our fans barely make a peep. The team deserves better.

Last edited:
I couldn't make it today unfortunately but did manage to watch the iFollow stream. Atmosphere sounded excellent throughout and even the BBC reporter mentioned that the "Bramall Lane faithful were thoroughly enjoying proceedings and in fine voice" (or words to that effect). Seen several home games this season from the BLUT and H Block has made decent noise every game, long may it continue!

Daughter had complimentary tickets in the bramall lane upper today, I thought the atmosphere was excellent and plenty of noise from both the Kop and south stand.

Back
Top Bottom