Ex Blades who deserve respect

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I went to Roxy's and tat game. I can't remember if it was u21 or a b game either.
Back on subject, somebodys got to mention Neil Warnock. Like him or loathe him, the mans a Blade who got us up.

It was under 21 - v Turkey.

It was under 21 - v Turkey.

That's jogged my memory. Beagrie was having a good game until Turkey brought on a sub who had clearly been briefed to nobble our Blades hero. His first move was to run straight for Beags and try to kick him into the stand. Maybe I was biased but I thought it was a red card offence. However the ref saw it otherwise and the Turk stayed on the pitch and Beags was hobbling for the rest of the game (did he have to come off?).

The other thing I remember is that the Turkish players warmed up in pea-green pacamacs. The most unattractive kit I've ever seen.

Methinks the man doth protest too much. Methinks TA hath a veritable wardrobe of the glittery spandex and the footwear that extendeth the man towards the heavens. Ye, he doth clad himself in said garments and parade and spin before the looking glass with face adorned with many colours like a lady, extoling all to 'cum on feel the noize' and he doth long for the facial additions of the great warrior of the faith, crying into the night, 'I wish I had bugger grips like Noddy!' :D
:D:D:D Rumbled. I've booked my ticket to Cambodia where I can remove my wig and live my life in peace.

I can think of loads, in fact it would be miles easier for me to name ex-Blades who don't deserve respect.

Pretty much anyone who has pulled on a red and white shirt, and gone out there and played for the Blades deserves respect.

Having said that i don't respect David Carney who quite clearly completely neshed a 90/10 ball in his favour last season at Huddersfield (Raul will verify seeing this), and i reckon Blackwell must have seen it as well as he came off and was subbed 2 minutes later and i don't think he ever appeared for us again. Shaun Derry for nearly finishing Paddy Kenny's career a few years back with a disgraceful tackle that put him out of the game for quite a while with a knackered knee. Gareth Taylor, always liked him when he played for us, but sadly whenever he played against us again he elbowed his way through games against us and was sneaky with it. Remember Morgan getting sent off for giving him a clip after he went up for the ball with Morgs early on in Morgs career with the Blades (Forest away 03/04 for pedantry)

We seem to be bumping previous posts pertaining to our most decorated manager. I've referred to this elsewhere, but I call your attention to post #15, dated 2010 for someone spotting early the greatness. :D
As an aside to the great early call by SEB, this is a great thread with plenty to be added.

Maguire and Walker certainly deserve a mention for going on to achieve great things. Both still have great things to come too.

What about a shout for Chris Wilder?

Met Chris a few times, good lad and getting on with a difficult job very well. In fact I would go so far as to say he's one I would like to see in the management role at BDTBL one day!
Nah! No way could he hack it at a club our size in the second tier. Non/ lower league at best.

As an aside to the great early call by SEB, this is a great thread with plenty to be added.

Maguire and Walker certainly deserve a mention for going on to achieve great things. Both still have great things to come too.

Oh, I have earlier Marty. I can bump a thread from 2009 in which I was extolling the virtues of C Wilder esq. :)

Should start a thread on an ex players wife beaters 11 :(

What about a shout for Chris Wilder?

Met Chris a few times, good lad and getting on with a difficult job very well. In fact I would go so far as to say he's one I would like to see in the management role at BDTBL one day!
Was casually browsing this thread not realising it was 9 years old and this very much confused me for a moment. The time stamp reveals you are a genius, get this man on the board of directors immediately!

Jeremy Tutton - just got this feeling that by the end of the day he will be an ex-Blade

I'll start with Peter Beagrie.

Frustrating at his time at the Lane but so talented.

Went on to have a long career even becoming a legend at Scunthorpe!

Talks more sense than most on Sky and not up his own arse!

I think he's a good guy!

Next...........
oh ahh top bloke love the way he smacks his woman about worra good guy

Coutts is the most recent definitely. Leon Clarke as well (although he is at present still in the team)

I'll start with Peter Beagrie.

Frustrating at his time at the Lane but so talented.

Went on to have a long career even becoming a legend at Scunthorpe!

Talks more sense than most on Sky and not up his own arse!

I think he's a good guy!

Next...........
I'm told he's finally getting ready to put a cross in....

Keith Edwards still going strong , suprised he has not been mentioned yet , would hate to think Billy could be forgotten about , in twenty five years time.

Back
Top Bottom