Dean Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Boxer Blade

Reaction score
Before the game last night talking about Hendo and what a big game it was for him after the villa match, he would have got a lot of support from the management and players this week but he knew he was to blame for a couple of goals, but we all agreed that the kop would give him a big show of support as he trotted towards the goal and it was pretty loud.

However he is still a young player and although he looks and acts confident he would be, naturally, worried, early on he cleanly collected a high ball under a lot of physical pressure, played well after that, think there was a slight spill in the second half but it was a big game for him and he came through it very well, showed a lot of his character I thought, well down deano.

Before the game last night talking about Hendo and what a big game it was for him after the villa match, he would have got a lot of support from the management and players this week but he knew he was to blame for a couple of goals, but we all agreed that the kop would give him a big show of support as he trotted towards the goal and it was pretty loud.

However he is still a young player and although he looks and acts confident he would be, naturally, worried, early on he cleanly collected a high ball under a lot of physical pressure, played well after that, think there was a slight spill in the second half but it was a big game for him and he came through it very well, showed a lot of his character I thought, well down deano.

It helps to be lucky as well as good. If the spill had gone to a Boro player he’d be under a lot of pressure today. Pleased for him - that early take was muchos cojones.

For me, his shot stopping and athleticism are already Premier League quality. He's also really good with this feet--despite that one clanger against Leeds--which helps our style of playing out from the back. That will make him an attractive prospect for a lot of top clubs.

I think his handling and dealing with crosses both need work, but there's plenty of time for that considering his age.

He did well but was shaky at times. I’m not convinced with his punching but think he’s a decent championship keeper. He should improve with age but I’m not sure I’d have him next year if we were in the Prem.

He did well but was shaky at times. I’m not convinced with his punching but think he’s a decent championship keeper. He should improve with age but I’m not sure I’d have him next year if we were in the Prem.

Who would you be looking at?

I'm not that knowledgeable in fairness but cant think of any keepers we'd be able to get who would be better.

Who would you be looking at?

I'm not that knowledgeable in fairness but cant think of any keepers we'd be able to get who would be better.

I’d look at a more experienced keeper who has played in the Premiership.

I'm sure every keeper out there has a blooper reel they don't want anyone to see. Young goalkeepers especially will cost you a few goals per season for their errors. When outfield players make errors they get a chance to win the ball back and there's usually a player behind them to get them out of the shit. Keepers don't get that luxury, their errors are usually goals.

Henderson's an improvement on what we had last year and he's earned us a lot more points than he's dropped. I don't think there's anyone out there on our budget that would be better so I'm more than happy with his performances.

He quality, plain and simple. He's young and therfore fallible, but his shot stopping is the best I've seen at the lane since Tracey and he's already kept us in games that others would have let slip.

No way we could afford a permanent of his quality, so he's an asset we should be very glad to have IMO.

I’d look at a more experienced keeper who has played in the Premiership.

Even if we got promoted I doubt we would bring in many if any “experienced” Premier League players, we will not pay those sort of wages.

If Hendo was available for loan then we would snap him up in a heartbeat Premier League or not.

He quality, plain and simple. He's young and therfore fallible, but his shot stopping is the best I've seen at the lane since Tracey and he's already kept us in games that others would have let slip.

No way we could afford a permanent of his quality, so he's an asset we should be very glad to have IMO.

Tracey was shit on crosses also.

So it will get merged by the owners/administrators of the site - another job for them :rolleyes:

You know? The people who use their spare time looking after the forum for people like me and you to enjoy.
Bloody hell chali go and have a beer

Bloody hell chali go and have a beer

Well I'm with Chali on this one BB.
You're in the wrong here and need a suitable punishment, so it should be YOU who goes for a beer.
Errrr, no. That doesn't work does it? :confused:
By the way, still not managed to make it to the Loyal Trooper yet mate :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom