Coverage of open top bus parade

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dkc

Reaction score
Instead of being alowed to hear the players and fans, we were treated to deafening songs by the likes of Thin Lizzy and Oasis. And the TV picture kept switching to Gary Sinclair at the Town Hall, and montages of our goals.

Overall a bit shit to be honest. Why not just stream from the bus, and allow viewers to see what's going on?

Might add that it looked fantastic in town. Shame we couldn't hear owt.

Still, great shots of Wilder in the Town Hall dragging his missus (I presume) into the photoshoot, with Mcabe and Majid in a Blades shirt among others.

Speaking more generally about the evening rather than the coverage.... Didn't need much with the setup they had... Bit of organisation, some replays, a few interviews (even with the pissed)...

Seems a bit of an opportunity missed to just have the players continue the karaoke.

It seemed a bit more professional, not wanting to have loads of footage of pissed up players on the bus.

Didn't need much with the setup they had... Bit of organisation, some replays, a few interviews (even with the pissed)...

Seems a bit of an opportunity missed to just have the players continue the karaoke.

I am sure last time they allowed the players to each say a few words.

I am sure last time they allowed the players to each say a few words.

As one who was there if you were stood anywhere to the right hand side of the stage, you couldn’t hear a word that Sinclair or McCabe or anyone else said anyway.

Why they couldn’t have had an extra speaker on that side I don’t know?

I also think they should have the players on stage straight after the bus. Why keep thousands waiting outside while they shake hands with the dignatorys etc inside?

Parade, Stage then Civic Reception would make more sense IMHO

Great atmosphere and whilst I love the connection we have with the players and staff, I wish some of them hadn't tried to be like supporters. When certain members got the microphone their language was not great given the number of kids there. I might get slaughtered for that and my mates would call me a hypocrite given some of my outbursts at matches, but I found some of that embarrassing tonight. By all means enjoy it together but there is a time and place for some things. Don't expect people to agree with me and not saying this to get any responses, it's just my opinion ;)

I thought the audio coverage was a bit poor myself so I decided to listen to Radio Sheffield’s efforts whilst I watched the images. All I can say is it made the live steam sound like a blockbuster movie. It was shocking, just Giddings waffling on and repeating sound bites and interviews. There was no audio at all from the balcony although with Cranie off his head and mike hugging that might not have been a bad thing.

I walked from the lane with the bus which was ace.

Got to town hall the sound was appalling. Couldn't see much but expected that as I'd followed the bus.

Attachments

• 20190507_181605.jpg
    20190507_181605.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 92
  • 20190507_173013.jpg
    20190507_173013.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
  • 20190507_175454.jpg
    20190507_175454.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 91
  • 20190507_173526.jpg
    20190507_173526.jpg
    673.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 20190507_175452.jpg
    20190507_175452.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 96
  • 20190507_173522.jpg
    20190507_173522.jpg
    768.7 KB · Views: 92
I thought the whole thing was a bit piss poor once they arrived at the town hall. They spent far too long inside, could barely hear a thing from the speakers, the big screen should have been used to show season highlights or interviews with the players / staff. I don't mind Sinclair as a stadium announcer but he was utterly cringeworthy tonight. It's was much better the last time.

PR disaster. The bus bit was good. But you don't give pissed football players a mic. Why didn't they just ask a few questions to the manager etc then done! It was a embarrassment
Disaster? Nah I wouldn’t go as far as that, any negatives will all be forgotten in a few days. Not as slick as it could have been and somebody should definitely have taken responsibility and kept the mic away from Cranie, but my grandkids have just come back and they’re absolutely buzzing. Let’s not go OTT.

wasn`t great was it. I thought Leon should have been there, he`s contributed much much more than Kean Bryan, hows he got in on the act.

Somehow I don’t think Kean Bryan would have been been involved in all the recent celebrations if his teammates didn’t want him there. Similarly I’m sure if Clarke wanted to have been there he would have been.

Somehow I don’t think Kean Bryan would have been been involved in all the recent celebrations if his teammates didn’t want him there. Similarly I’m sure if Clarke wanted to have been there he would have been.

Nah. Leon wanted to come, but the Prince said "No fucking chance, I want Kean Bryan there instead."

Great atmosphere and whilst I love the connection we have with the players and staff, I wish some of them hadn't tried to be like supporters. When certain members got the microphone their language was not great given the number of kids there. I might get slaughtered for that and my mates would call me a hypocrite given some of my outbursts at matches, but I found some of that embarrassing tonight. By all means enjoy it together but there is a time and place for some things. Don't expect people to agree with me and not saying this to get any responses, it's just my opinion ;)
Have to agree with some of that. I watched from the back opposite peace gardens in front of the big screen. The screen images were excellent. The audio was also very good, so good that everyone could clearly hear all the words the players sang, including the swearing. I'm all for high spirited celebrations but I was a bit surprised at the way things went. Lessons to be learned as they say.

Not if wilder didn’t want him There

The fans all turned up but a lot of the organisation left a lot to be desired. The bus turned up to the rear entrance of the Town Hall so unlike last time, you didn't get to see the players celebrating on the bus (and Wilder nearly falling off) and the screens also didn't show what was happening on the bus unlike like time.

The speaker setup was shite. I was stood to the side of HSBC and couldn't hear anything that anybody said.

Why on earth did they just hand the mic to the pissed players and not ask them questions? Cranie shouldn't have been allowed to hog the mic.

Why on earth leave thousands of fans standing outside so the dignitaries can slap themselves on the back whilst we can't even hear what they are saying. This event was about the fans, not the suits.

It just didn't seem planned at all and was a much better occasion last time (even though some of the same problems occurred then also).

Looking towards the stage down from the city hall the audio was crap. We walked round the back onto pinstone street opposite peace gardens and the screen and audio were spot on.

It was not a patch on the League one parade...I think the scenes on the Saturday / Sunday of the Ipswich ganeand then a few days ago at Stoke and the car park was far better.

They barely filmed the bus...the pictures kept going and the sound was poor. Sinclair was cringeworthy. He kept mentioning the other side of the city instead of concentrating on our club.

I also thought they kept the players in the town hall too long. They then rushed getting them all out by position. Why not announce one by one and let most of them all have a few words...after we sang each players song. Wilder did not even do a speech...just a song or two...wanted his 'every 3 weeks.'

Cranie was just bizarre. Great to see all the team have one last hurrah but got sense most were done in from the celebrating or saving themselves for Vegas.

It was an ok event but could have been much better with decent pictures/live feed good sound and a properly organised series of speeches/songs.

As one who was there if you were stood anywhere to the right hand side of the stage, you couldn’t hear a word that Sinclair or McCabe or anyone else said anyway.

Why they couldn’t have had an extra speaker on that side I don’t know?

I also think they should have the players on stage straight after the bus. Why keep thousands waiting outside while they shake hands with the dignatorys etc inside?

Parade, Stage then Civic Reception would make more sense IMHO
And if we have another celebration with a similar set of players, let them have a reception in the Town Hall, and then a party on Devonshire Green. The space in front of the Town Hall is not adequate.

In the media teams defence, probably their only cock up in a very brutal period.

The amount of content being published day to day has been unreal. The amount of time they’ve had to prepare this very little.

I wasn’t surprised they live streamed it to be honest. Not an easy task when it means so much to the support.

But, hey ho, if that’s the only problem we’ve got we’re in a pretty good place.

And if we have another celebration with a similar set of players, let them have a reception in the Town Hall, and then a party on Devonshire Green. The space in front of the Town Hall is not adequate.

I said to my brother, they ought to have the bus, players get on it, drive to the town hall, get a pat on the back and then drive back to Bramall Lane (in the mean time we've all been let in the ground) and drive it through the service entrance assuming it fits, and on to the pitch and do donuts.

Or just wave.

The ground PA is far better than whatever that shite was.

Back
Top Bottom