Conditioning

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

lakedistblade

Reaction score
24 fit players. No apparent injuries yesterday. Our players just pick themselves up from hard tackles and fouls with minor attention from physio. Norwich players a diving conniving disgrace again yesterday. Real credit to the Blades conditioning staff and a school of Chris Morgan proper attitude on the pitch to be just one more thing to proud of in this most memorable season. UTMB.

Was thinking this myself - the injury record under Wilder is unbelievable. High tempo playing style and full impact training sessions and yet everyone's fit. Beyond the odd freak injury i.e. Coutts very rare that anyone misses through strains, tears etc. Shows the conditioning is second to none.

Let's hope I don't regret this

24 fit players. No apparent injuries yesterday. Our players just pick themselves up from hard tackles and fouls with minor attention from physio. Norwich players a diving conniving disgrace again yesterday. Real credit to the Blades conditioning staff and a school of Chris Morgan proper attitude on the pitch to be just one more thing to proud of in this most memorable season. UTMB.
A few weeks ago we were unfit and a disgrace...

You're absolutely right though, the way that we manage the condition of the players is excellent.

I liked what Beans and Blades Analytics said recently in their podcasts, players like Duffy are fit enough to finish games (in response to Duffy's tweet about his fitness), however, the management team do a great job of hauling him off either before or when he reaches his 'red zone' to allow him to keep injury free and in top shape. I believe that this is the secret with McG and Billy too

That said, i sometimes wonder how the likes of Stevens, Baldock, Basham and JOC manage to keep going with the High intensity running that they do! Out of those four, only Baldock has had any time out, the others missing odd games such as cups. That in itself is impressive.

Basham being on 9 yellow cards is a bit of a concern
Assuming he's bound to get a suspension soon which games do we prefer him to miss ?

Basham being on 9 yellow cards is a bit of a concern
Assuming he's bound to get a suspension soon which games do we prefer him to miss ?

We need him for the West Brom & Wednesday games.

Best case scenario he doesn’t pick up the 10th booking at all.

Failing that, it’d be nice if he could pick it up away at Wednesday, thus missing the two home matches against Rotherham and Brentford.

Next best, he picks it up against Villa on Friday and has to miss home matches against Boro (not ideal) and Reading.

We need him for the West Brom & Wednesday games.

Best case scenario he doesn’t pick up the 10th booking at all.

Failing that, it’d be nice if he could pick it up away at Wednesday, thus missing the two home matches against Rotherham and Brentford.

Next best, he picks it up against Villa on Friday and has to miss home matches against Boro (not ideal) and Reading.

Think the booking at Villa is guaranteed. At any rate he might have picked one up naturally in this game anyway, but looking at the fixture list I’d say the Boro/Reading ones are the most likely we could manage.

Footballing gods, please ignore this post.

Agree......it has been really weird though how we hardly seem to pick up any injuries.
Remember the Ipswich fans praising McGoldrick’s ability but saying he’s constantly on the treatment table and can’t play a set number of consecutive games.

We have our fair share of machines.

Basham, O'Connell, Stevens, Fleck. Have they been injured once in the 3 seasons they've been here?

We have our fair share of machines.
Basham, O'Connell, Stevens, Fleck. Have they been injured once in the 3 seasons they've been here?

Don't think so, but JOC was playing with achiles trouble towards the back end of last season.

I’ve got a small number of pretty decent bottles of Thomas Hardy ale that have been conditioning nicely for the last 15 years. One came out on my return from Northampton and I’m rather hopeful to crack a couple come this May.

Come on United make me open these conditioned beauties!

Back
Top Bottom