BladesPod: Beating Boro | DEM BLADES fanzine

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Beans

Reaction score
Hello all,

Very pleased to have Sam from DEM BLADES joining me on today's podcast, where we give our thoughts on an extremely satisfying win over Boro, chat about the fanzine itself, and get his thoughts on the season as a whole:
  • thoughts on possibly our best win of the season (03:23)
  • impact of Madine (09:40)
  • Boro's approach... (14:00)
  • Richard Stearman, Model Pro (TM) (19:10)
  • the DEM BLADES fanzine - origins and contributors (23:58)
  • thoughts on the season so far and quick hit questions (35:35)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/bladespod/id1309198119?mt=2

Huge thanks to Sam for coming on - great to hear some of the inner workings of the fanzine and some of the pieces that are in it now and possibly in the future.

Cheers for listening and UTB!

If Sam doesn't sound like the alternative commentary Dem Blades did for the Bolton game, earlier in the season, I'll be disappointed.

Crap. Ah well, all the more reason to have him on again!

Listened to two now. Very impressed. So much better than bollocks like football heaven. Intelligent, well-observed and positive. Often, in fact, echoing words of wisdom I’ve written on here myself, but that’s a mark of quality in itself.

I like it. I declare myself a regular.

Just one thing, Ben. Tell Sam there ain’t no Wilderball. We play Tuftyball. Unique in name and nature.

Huge thanks to Sam for coming on

Thought his name was Steve Mackan
16666.jpg

:rolleyes:

Hello all,

Very pleased to have Sam from DEM BLADES joining me on today's podcast, where we give our thoughts on an extremely satisfying win over Boro, chat about the fanzine itself, and get his thoughts on the season as a whole:
  • thoughts on possibly our best win of the season (03:23)
  • impact of Madine (09:40)
  • Boro's approach... (14:00)
  • Richard Stearman, Model Pro (TM) (19:10)
  • the DEM BLADES fanzine - origins and contributors (23:58)
  • thoughts on the season so far and quick hit questions (35:35)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/bladespod/id1309198119?mt=2

Huge thanks to Sam for coming on - great to hear some of the inner workings of the fanzine and some of the pieces that are in it now and possibly in the future.

Cheers for listening and UTB!

Thanks again for these - really enjoyable.

I often wonder what these podcasts would have been like in the Adkins season. Would there even have been a pod at all, given the risk to participant’s sanity?

Thanks again for these - really enjoyable.

I often wonder what these podcasts would have been like in the Adkins season. Would there even have been a pod at all, given the risk to participant’s sanity?

A major motivator for starting it was how well we were doing (combined with a bit more free time for myself) and I think we’d just had that run where we beat Wednesday, Wolves then hammered Hull 4-1. So no, probably not!

If Sam doesn't sound like the alternative commentary Dem Blades did for the Bolton game, earlier in the season, I'll be disappointed.
Listened to two now. Very impressed. So much better than bollocks like football heaven. Intelligent, well-observed and positive. Often, in fact, echoing words of wisdom I’ve written on here myself, but that’s a mark of quality in itself.

Just one thing, Ben. Tell Sam there ain’t no Wilderball. We play Tuftyball. Unique in name and nature.

In fairness, I don't love 'Tuftyball' or 'Wilderball' - but I erred on the side of Wilderball as I think there's less room for confusion. Although, this has been feedback I've received 3/4 times now. We all make mistakes.

Glad you enjoyed the podcast - Ben is a brilliant host.

In fairness, I don't love 'Tuftyball' or 'Wilderball' - but I erred on the side of Wilderball as I think there's less room for confusion. Although, this has been feedback I've received 3/4 times now. We all make mistakes.

Glad you enjoyed the podcast - Ben is a brilliant host.

Either is better than Chrissyball, that’s for sure...

Cheers for that, enjoying it :)

Had a listen today and really enjoyed it again. Good to hear from the man behind Dem Blades as well. I love the analysis as I can’t be arsed rationalising my thoughts to this extent ever.

Wait a minute, was there more of those commentaries from Dem Blades?

I remember the Leeds one away which was fucking hilarious but don't think I've seen any others

Wait a minute, was there more of those commentaries from Dem Blades?

I remember the Leeds one away which was fucking hilarious but don't think I've seen any others
There was a solid four or five.

I have a Basham tribute lurking on my hard drive somewhere too.

only two!?! you’ve been missing out!

Nice one as always. My hour to work commute becomes way more pleasurable when I see there’s a new Bladespod episode out.

Are the fanzines Sam talked about now sold out?

Nice one as always. My hour to work commute becomes way more pleasurable when I see there’s a new Bladespod episode out.

Hiya mate. The first issue is now sold out, but you can still subscribe to Issues 2, 3 + 4 (May, August, November) on our website.

...we are considering ordering a second run of the Issue 1 too.

We have considered. And we are doing a small re-print. Having to do it as a pre-sale so we don't order too many. But all on the website if you're still interested mate.

Back
Top Bottom