BladesPod: Arsenal review

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Beans

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Pod here with Roygbiv talking about last night's win over Arsenal, of course - great night and very enjoyable to talk about a home win again.

Had to start with some quick thoughts on McBurnie's indiscretion, before getting into the game itself (16:15), our second half tactics (32:33), and the standout players including Fleck and Basham (47:15). Finally, the bigger picture of this result and what it means for the rest of the season (59:00).

Unfortunately haven't had chance to get a West Ham fan on board for this, but I may do a quick preview pod with one towards the end of the week if I find time / it seems like people are interested...

Cheers, as always, for listening!

Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/bladespod/id1309198119?mt=2

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/6wLq5qaiQ123cLHHMnTixJ

Image result for Jonah hill gif

Thanks again Beans. Don’t know if it was just my download but your voice was very quiet compared to Roy’s. Kept turning you up to hear only to have Panchero yelling at me!
I usually have a similar issue too, listening via Spotify and using headphones

Thanks again Beans. Don’t know if it was just my download but your voice was very quiet compared to Roy’s. Kept turning you up to hear only to have Panchero yelling at me!

No I think that’s my fault, sorry. Thought I’d adjusted it to be more equal but obviously not enough. I’ll keep a closer eye on that next time.

Was about to say the same thing (listening on my mobile). Maybe need to move that mic closer to you, Beans.

Good stuff, managed to listen tonight.

Agree with Beans that Pepe was their best player and the only one looking likely. He didn’t do much to hurt us though.

Roygbiv needs to go and have a stern word with himself for saying that Sharp doesn’t hold the ball up, he’s probably the best in our squad at doing so. He’s not quick though, I’ll give you that.

I thought Chambers was toss. I commented a few times that I was glad every time the ball fell to him in the right wing position as you just knew he’d do nothing with it.

Good stuff, managed to listen tonight.

Agree with Beans that Pepe was their best player and the only one looking likely. He didn’t do much to hurt us though.

Roygbiv needs to go and have a stern word with himself for saying that Sharp doesn’t hold the ball up, he’s probably the best in our squad at doing so. He’s not quick though, I’ll give you that.

I thought Chambers was toss. I commented a few times that I was glad every time the ball fell to him in the right wing position as you just knew he’d do nothing with it.
Roy's right

Roy's right

Billy doesn’t hold the ball up? As he’s aged it’s one of his better attributes. You don’t have to be a 6ft 4” lummox to hold a ball up. He gets his arse in and brings others into play more than any of our other strikers (when on the pitch). The frequency that he draws a foul whilst holding the ball up is also impressive. He did it twice last night from memory.

Billy doesn’t hold the ball up? As he’s aged it’s one of his better attributes. You don’t have to be a 6ft 4” lummox to hold a ball up. He gets his arse in and brings others into play more than any of our other strikers (when on the pitch). The frequency that he draws a foul whilst holding the ball up is also impressive. He did it twice last night from memory.
He didn't hold the ball up against arsenal and that's what roy said

Roygbiv

The stat you mentioned is wrong.

We lost against Swindon in 2015 after being 1-0 up at HT.

League matches only I guess? Sky showed it on the broadcast. Swindon loss was in the playoffs.

Beer 52?!...ooh, it’ll be Squarespace, The Economist and Casper Mattresses next 😉

Those Casper Mattresses do look comfy to be fair... (not a sponsored post)

Roygbiv

The stat you mentioned is wrong.

We lost against Swindon in 2015 after being 1-0 up at HT.

I think it was league games. I took the stat from Sky. You are deffo right to compare me to Brian Blessed though. A few years ago I actually looked looked like him if you can imagine such a disgrace

he didn’t, he said “Billy doesn’t hold the ball up and hasn’t got any pace”. It’s a general comment rather than specific to the Arsenal game. Listen up.
We'll both are true ,at this level anyway

he didn’t, he said “Billy doesn’t hold the ball up and hasn’t got any pace”. It’s a general comment rather than specific to the Arsenal game. Listen up.

What I meant was he isn't your typical target man. He is good at holding the ball up for his size but he's not the type of centre forward you usually see up front on his own when under the cosh somewhat

Afternoon all,

Pod here with Roygbiv talking about last night's win over Arsenal, of course - great night and very enjoyable to talk about a home win again.

Had to start with some quick thoughts on McBurnie's indiscretion, before getting into the game itself (16:15), our second half tactics (32:33), and the standout players including Fleck and Basham (47:15). Finally, the bigger picture of this result and what it means for the rest of the season (59:00).

Unfortunately haven't had chance to get a West Ham fan on board for this, but I may do a quick preview pod with one towards the end of the week if I find time / it seems like people are interested...

Well I would be interested. So that's at least one :)

I know you contact the opposition fans primarily to discuss their thoughts on their own team.
But while you've got them there, I would be just as interested in what their thoughts are on United
Have they seen us play? What did they think of us?
Has their opinion changed since the start of the season?
That sort of thing..

What I meant was he isn't your typical target man. He is good at holding the ball up for his size but he's not the type of centre forward you usually see up front on his own when under the cosh somewhat

He’s better at it than anyone else at the club in my view.

Afternoon all,

Tell Andrew that THERE IS NO NEED TO BLOODY SHOUT!
My fecking ear drums were bleeding on the drive back from London last night 😤

Back
Top Bottom