Billy Sharp - Let's Show our appreciation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can we stand and clap on 22 aswell for his number of league goals.

The problem here is that he might score a goal at 20 minutes and 59 seconds*. The crowd would then collectively wait until the 23rd minute in order to acknowledge his correct tally. In the meantime, the linesman's flag has been raised. It takes the referee around 45 seconds to notice this and disallow the goal**. By the time the players have done their arguing, Billy's total has gone back down to 22, but the clock has moved into the 23rd minute. And for that reason, I'm out.

*I'm assuming that we're all clear that the 22nd minute is actually from 21' 00" to 21' 59", rather than when the clock goes to 22:00.
**For what it's worth, later replays show that Liam Moore was actually playing Billy marginally onside.

Want to show your appreciation for Billy?

Chuck a few bob at this.

Anyone who doesn't have Billy's face tattooed on their cock isn't appreciating him enough.

I've got his face tattooed on my face...

_85153347_billy_sharp-2.jpg

He gets fuck all appreciation from me until he gets to 30 goals.

Just doing his job ffs

;)

That is brilliant and I bet he would appreciate a copy of that. I’m sure someone on here can pass it on to him?

I am fully aware that I am probably going to get laughed at or people won't be interested, however if there is anyone this season that deserves to hear our appreciation and support it is our captain, our leader, our top goalscorer Billy Sharp.

I realise that our duty as fans is to support the full 11 on the pitch - however I think based on what Billy Sharp has done in his most recent spell we should go above and beyond and celebrate him especially at the game v Reading tomorrow.

Just a bit of perspective..... Billy has had his fair share of tragedy in his personal life and in the circumstances has continued to perform at a consistently high level where ever he has played. In 'The Adkins' season despite our awful league performance Billy scored 21 League Goals. Without his goals we'd have probably been relegated to league two. A season later, Under Sir Christopher Wilder, he helped guide us to promotion scoring 30 Goals. Last season in our first season back in the championship he scored a modest 13 goals and this season he is already on 22 League goals. As you know he is a born goalscorer and if things continue to go as they are he will easily match the 30 goals he scored two seasons ago. Let's make the match a dedication to Billy - our modern day blades legend. Inspire him and the rest of the squad to victory and set us on the path to a successful end of season. If Anyone deserves it - he does!

My suggestion is that we give him a standing ovation and a minute of applause and celebration on 10 minutes (Squad number). Any other suggestions?

Tin hat on...

Up The Blades

Not for me.

I hate this clapping spontaneously on a certain minute to commemorate something. It’s an unnecessary distraction from the game.

Give the lad a big ovation when his name is announced or when he enters or leaves the pitch. But not during the game.

Same with obituaries. Don’t mean to be a heartless bastard but put their photo up at half time, have an announcement, but don’t interrupt the game, pay respects to them properly.

Not for me.

I hate this clapping spontaneously on a certain minute to commemorate something. It’s an unnecessary distraction from the game.

Give the lad a big ovation when his name is announced or when he enters or leaves the pitch. But not during the game.

Same with obituaries. Don’t mean to be a heartless bastard but put their photo up at half time, have an announcement, but don’t interrupt the game, pay respects to them properly.

You miserable bastard.

I really hope he starts tomorrow. I know there's no place for sentiment this season, and CW will pick the team he thinks will do the job best, but (I'm being overly bladey here I know) I just want to see him lead his team out for our first PL game at the lane.

He was described on commentary last weekend as a living legend, and I can't argue with that.

I am fully aware that I am probably going to get laughed at or people won't be interested, however if there is anyone this season that deserves to hear our appreciation and support it is our captain, our leader, our top goalscorer Billy Sharp.

I realise that our duty as fans is to support the full 11 on the pitch - however I think based on what Billy Sharp has done in his most recent spell we should go above and beyond and celebrate him especially at the game v Reading tomorrow.

Just a bit of perspective..... Billy has had his fair share of tragedy in his personal life and in the circumstances has continued to perform at a consistently high level where ever he has played. In 'The Adkins' season despite our awful league performance Billy scored 21 League Goals. Without his goals we'd have probably been relegated to league two. A season later, Under Sir Christopher Wilder, he helped guide us to promotion scoring 30 Goals. Last season in our first season back in the championship he scored a modest 13 goals and this season he is already on 22 League goals. As you know he is a born goalscorer and if things continue to go as they are he will easily match the 30 goals he scored two seasons ago. Let's make the match a dedication to Billy - our modern day blades legend. Inspire him and the rest of the squad to victory and set us on the path to a successful end of season. If Anyone deserves it - he does!

My suggestion is that we give him a standing ovation and a minute of applause and celebration on 10 minutes (Squad number). Any other suggestions?

Tin hat on...

Up The Blades
no probs Bill ;)

Let’s just give Billy an extra loud cheer when his name’s read out before the game. That’ll do for now, he’s not leaving us anytime soon (hopefully).

Back
Top Bottom