Player Suggestion Barnsley Players.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Danetheblade

Reaction score
Was just thinking about the Dingles going down. Two players I think would offer something,

Isgrove - decent enough player, pacey and a stand out in an abysmal team.

Mcburnie - not Barnsley's own, but seemingly out of contract this year so wouldn't cost much transfer wise. Striker so could fill a gap. Worth a punt?

Not Moore??
Would also be a cracking signing. I was purely thinking about saving transfer funds, gives us the ability to sign a standout "marquee" striker signing. While also freshening up the current lot. Assuming there's no ins/outs in that department. Which I highly doubt.

Isgrove is not good enough for Championship.

McBurnie will be at Swansea or another Prem team IMHO.

I’d look at Kieffer Moore, but doubt he’d fancy being an impact sub. He’s nowhere near Clarke though in terms of technical ability.

They’ve got a decent centre mid haven’t they? Is it Hedges or am I getting mixed up?

We need to be splashing some cash on Blackman and a CB before anything, would like Kieffer Moore or similar though, should the dick heads in charge stop spitting there dummies out and realise they've got something good going here!, back Wilder, give him assurance and funds, and for Christ's sake, stop fucking about!!

Isgrove is not good enough for Championship.

McBurnie will be at Swansea or another Prem team IMHO.

I’d look at Kieffer Moore, but doubt he’d fancy being an impact sub. He’s nowhere near Clarke though in terms of technical ability.

They’ve got a decent centre mid haven’t they? Is it Hedges or am I getting mixed up?
Think we're covered in midfield to be honest pal?

I have to admit I would make Moore one of our first targets.

We are a team that everyone hates to play against with our work rate etc. Moore will give us a proper option to be difficult to manage.

His goal scoring record in league one shows he can do it. Our strikers get loads of chances so his goal return would be decent.

I think Barnsley are paying Moore mega bucks

Not Moore??

Would also be a cracking signing. I was purely thinking about saving transfer funds, gives us the ability to sign a standout "marquee" striker signing. While also freshening up the current lot. Assuming there's no ins/outs in that department. Which I highly doubt.

Keiffer moore ,looked class against us twice last season.

I have to admit I would make Moore one of our first targets.

We are a team that everyone hates to play against with our work rate etc. Moore will give us a proper option to be difficult to manage.

His goal scoring record in league one shows he can do it. Our strikers get loads of chances so his goal return would be decent.

I think Barnsley are paying Moore mega bucks

Told a few Barnsley fans that some Blades fans were posting messages that we should sign Moore. Most gave a puzzled look and they said Moore is too slow and not mobile enough for the Championship division. They think he will be ok in League One. We need strikers better than Moore

Told a few Barnsley fans that some Blades fans were posting messages that we should sign Moore. Most gave a puzzled look and they said Moore is too slow and not mobile enough for the Championship division. They think he will be ok in League One. We need strikers better than Moore
A couple of my dingle mates gave me the same look when I mentioned him. A younger Hanson by the sounds of it.

Didn’t Barnsley pay £1m for Moore? We can’t afford anywhere near that, laughably.

Out financed by fucking Barnsley.

A couple of my dingle mates gave me the same look when I mentioned him. A younger Hanson by the sounds of it.

Only watched him against us but I'd say he's more like a less cunter Gary Madine than a younger Hanson.

Only watched him against us but I'd say he's more like a less cunter Gary Madine than a younger Hanson.

Moore scored loads in league one this season. Hanson isn’t and hasn’t ever done that. Moore is as you say a younger version of Madine.

Can see McBurnie being in Swansea's plans for the championship next season.

Have they offered him a new contract? If so they'll be due compo if he opts to move elsewhere

I don’t know what we can afford. But the fact it’s less than Barnsley is embarrassing.

Barnsley.

Is it less than Barnsley? If you don’t know how much we can afford then surely you don’t know how much they can afford either. Personally I don’t make comments on things I don’t know and I certainly don’t let myself get worked up about them

Is it less than Barnsley? If you don’t know how much we can afford then surely you don’t know how much they can afford either. Personally I don’t make comments on things I don’t know and I certainly don’t let myself get worked up about them

To be fair Barnsley spent more money than us last season on transfer fee’s.

They're doing cartwheels over the £900,000 spent on Mamadou Thiam, their one goal centre forward.

McBurnie will cost more than £1m whether that be a normal transfer fee or compensation. He'll also command wages above 20k p/w.

The reason Rangers might appeal to him would be the exposure for the Scotland national team it would bring. He'd score a goal a game in the SPL.

We can forget him now anyway with Swansea relegated. He'll either stay there or join another rich Championship team.

Sam Gallagher on the other hand may now be available with Southampton staying up.

McBurnie will cost more than £1m whether that be a normal transfer fee or compensation. He'll also command wages above 20k p/w.

The reason Rangers might appeal to him would be the exposure for the Scotland national team it would bring. He'd score a goal a game in the SPL.

We can forget him now anyway with Swansea relegated. He'll either stay there or join another rich Championship team.

Sam Gallagher on the other hand may now be available with Southampton staying up.

Rangers have apparently bidded 4m for him. Quite where they're getting this from is beyond me, they're already relying on a constant stream of interest free loans to get them out of the shit.

Gallagher seems to have this air of supremity about him. Everyone raves about him yet he's done the square root of fuckall for 2 seasons now.

Rangers have apparently bidded 4m for him. Quite where they're getting this from is beyond me, they're already relying on a constant stream of interest free loans to get them out of the shit.

Gallagher seems to have this air of supremity about him. Everyone raves about him yet he's done the square root of fuckall for 2 seasons now.

Gallagher had loads of interest last summer and will this summer too. He did quite well on loan at struggling Blackburn but unwittingly joined another relegation battle with Birmingham and didn't do as well, in what was a hopeless attacking team.

He's got a bit of everything in his locker - height, mobility, technique, versatility so it's easy to see why he's sought after but the level of Championship interest also indicates the lack of good available strikers out there.

Wolves are happy they spent big though.

I’m sure they are but that’s irrelevant to the point of people getting upset that we have been ‘out spent’ by little old Barnsley

Not upset, just facts mate?

I wasn’t actually referring to you, mate, but the facts are that Barnsley have been relegated. Isn’t it actually a better thing that we spent less but finished a lot higher? Would you have preferred it if we’d wasted a load of money just so we hadn’t spent less than them?

As you seem to know the facts, how much did we spend and how much did they spend?

Back
Top Bottom