Player Suggestion Aaron Mooy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kongolo would be good cover for Stevens and JOC, think he cost huddersfield a pretty penny though.

Mooy would be a good addition, he is on 60K PW and no doubt we would face premier league competition for him.

Anyone think Aaron Mooy could do a Duffy type role next season? Always thought he was a tidy player and made big difference for Hudds in the Prem....

Not saying he should replace Duffy (he's earned his chance) but Mooy is younger at 28 and has Prem experience....

He’s be quality reckon he’s an improvement on both fleck and Norwood sort of player we should be bang after and that billing aswell

tenor.gif

sign Mooy and he would want to start. Decent player but who do you leave out.

I'd go for john obi Mikel to sit between Norwood and Fleck, particularly away from home where we are going to have to dig in and be solid.

CW has already said "we are going to have to play smart net season" - seems asthough CW/AK already have a plan ;)

UTB

I wish we could keep Mooy but i’m resigned to losing him.

He’s not a 10, he would play in the Norwood or Fleck roles. He DOES count as a homegrown player (believe he was at Bolton when very young).

He’s brilliant. Probably the best player i’ve ever seen at Town. We wouldn’t have been promoted and we wouldn’t have survived without him. My big hope is that he has two young kids and is settled in the area, but it’s very much hopeful that he will stay.

Kongolo is also brilliant, you can tell he comes from good pedigree. He’d fit very nicely into your overlapping centre half system too. We did spend £17m on him and he’s on a long contract, would cost a lot to buy him. Don’t want to sound rude, and I could well be wrong, but i’d say both Mooy and Kongolo would be upgrades on what you currently have in those positions. Feel free to tell me otherwise of course :D

Pritchard not so good. Can’t cut it in the prem. However his championship record is excellent. Frightening how the pace of the prem is just too much for some players.

It's a yes from me, followed him avidly in Aussie football and he was class. I was going to come on here yesterday and suggest him.

He's a great player mooy. Always rated him. He was outsantding in Huddersfields first season in the prem when they went up.

I think he could play the fleck position very well. We went all last season without any decent cover for fleck. Mooy would be an upgrade.

Suppose it comes down to budget, as a replacement for Fleck or Norwood is low on the list of priorities.

Are you delusional...how the f..can we afford players of Mooy's standing ...never gonna happen ..

Cam down a bit

These players are 20-30m

Imagine we sign a striker this season for 10m and he does very very well in premiership. Would we sell him for 10m? We would be saying he’s 20-30m.

Look at Mitrovic today’s papers 30m to Southampton.

It's a yes from me, followed him avidly in Aussie football and he was class. I was going to come on here yesterday and suggest him.
We're not going to spend 15 + million on players like Moot.
He was picked up reasonably cheaply we will try to do the same.With Wilder and Knills record we can do the same.

Great player but I could see someone more established coming in for him - Brighton for example.

Hes the sort of player we need, but probably cannot afford this pre season as we have too many other squad / first team places to fill to give is strength on depth.

If we can survive our first season in the prem, then that is when we can start to spunk a bit more money on proven players like Mooy and Mitrovic etc, as well as improve the Lane long term.

We need to be clever this season ans pick up players relatively cheaply and hope that they are good enough to keep us up this initial season. Each season we are up there, the stonger we will be team wise and financially.

Anyone think Aaron Mooy could do a Duffy type role next season? Always thought he was a tidy player and made big difference for Hudds in the Prem....

Not saying he should replace Duffy (he's earned his chance) but Mooy is younger at 28 and has Prem experience....

Speaks the native tongue so not foreign ;)

What’s with the obsession with trying to get everyone to post on your thread? When the forums owners have created a feature for ‘Player Suggestions’ as a prefix tab; they clearly don’t feel the need for all the suggestions to be in one thread?

It’s also easier to figure out if someone else has already suggested a certain player, as you can search for the thread.

Look at Mitrovic today’s papers 30m to Southampton.
This is what I'm talking about, all the talk of top 6 or China and he's as likely to go to one of our competitors.

This is what I'm talking about, all the talk of top 6 or China and he's as likely to go to one of our competitors.

I don't think we'll be competing with Southampton next season.

Their form has been good since the new manager came in, I expect they'll finish mid table.

A very good player is Mooy; he carried that Udders team for large periods. I reckon he would thrive in our team & system but he will have caught the eye of many suitors, I imagine.

I'm aware that your both taking the piss, but just for the record, his nationality will not matter - and that applies to any potential new signing.

Oh ay oh, Wilder is a racist.
Oh ay oh, Wilder voted brexit.
Oh ay oh, he never signs a foreignerrrrrr
1, 2, 3, 4 !!

I don't think we'll be competing with Southampton next season.
I'd like to think we could compete with them now (also Brighton), depending on who we both sign will decide who gets above who. I could of course be totally wrong and we could've finished rock bottom with this squad in the Prem this year.

I'd like to think we could compete with them now (also Brighton), depending on who we both sign will decide who gets above who. I could of course be totally wrong and we could've finished rock bottom with this squad in the Prem this year.

I think Brighton are a side we could realistically compete with, especially if they remain as toothless as they were this season.

My thinking is that Southampton actually have a good squad, and their early struggles had them in a false position- they look a completely different side with the new manager in charge.

Will also be interested to see how Burnely do. Palace could struggle too if Zaha goes.

I've stayed away from calling Burnley as they have a lot of good goal scorers and some games that gets you through even if you've been otherwise poor. Newcastle is an odd one, utterly terrible at the start of the season (I don't know why), to solid for the remaining 2 thirds. After that we're onto the Bournemouth's of this world and I wouldn't expect any thing from them.

Back
Top Bottom