'Memries' A year ago, Preston 0 United 1

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Our third consecutive 1-0 away win in a tough match at Deepdale, thanks to a David McGoldrick first half goal. With Leeds losing at Birmingham we were back to second place. I remember a glorious warm spring day and us holding on for the last few minutes. This was the topsy turvy stage of the season and there were more twists to come! IMG_20190406_165409.jpg

Kinell, was that only a year ago?!!
More twists to come after that game?
You're not kidding there pal!
What an end to the season though.

I was sat watching that in a bar in Lanzarote. Went with a piggy mate, he was watching pigs on his phone, I was watching us on mine, they let 2 in in the last minute at home to Villa.

That was the day us and Birmingham scored almost simultaneously, wasn't it? The reverse of what had happened a few weeks prior with us and Leeds.

I was helping my mate clear out an old industrial unit near Meadowhall at the time, listening on the radio.

Brilliant day, such a good laugh, great weather, just perfect.

I'd come into possession of some homemade 'space' flapjacks the night before. Me and a friend shared one at half time in lieu of them not selling ale to away fans. The second half was rather amusing.

My glasses flying off my head when we scored and getting stamped on by some oaf, was somewhat less comical.

It is unlikely, but I would like Preston to go up, one of the best away days and a good traditional ground.
I'd like to see Preston up also, but, "good traditional ground"!??
Don't mind their ground at all, but it's no Bramall Lane!

Preston was always an away weekend, for Mrs G and myself, always stayed over and always had some good nights in some of the old boozers around the town.

Superb day that. Absolutely baking. Recall sitting outside in both Manchester and Preston in beer gardens pre and post game.

Seemed like the dream was back on...then we drew with Millwall and it seemed off again! That was the week we both played Preston and Birmingham wasn't it. Preston we knackered/had run out of steam after a good run and were rubbish in both games. These games showed how ft both us and Leeds were who both ran a good Champ team off the pitch.

The only time I went to Preston I saw one of the most boring games in history. It finished 0-0 (Stephen Quinn had a goal disallowed) and the only memorable thing was Lee Hendrie deliberately winding up all the Preston fans will on the touchline. It was the best thing he ever did as a Blade and he wasn't even on the pitch.

Always one of my favourite away trips, and always been lucky to get a ticket for it. As I remember it was also Grand National on that day. As I got off the train people were getting out of taxis dressed to the nines, some terrible outfits, definitely not Ascot standard.

Never seen us win there. Best I got was the 3-3 in 2004. Went in 17-18. That was awful.

Went there on a Monday night once. We got battered and somehow came away with a 0-0. Had a blatant penalty not give towards the end as well. Would have been some smash and grab that.

Think I’ve been to Preston 4 times and seen 2 goals. Never the most exciting of games when I go there.

Back
Top Bottom