5th Round Draw Numbers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Manchester United away. Just think we’d beat them to be honest, they’re wank without Rashford. Would be great to see 7k Blades cheering us on to victory too. Little bit of revenge (strong word) for Hammond’s moment of lunacy as well.

I also don't understand the apprehension so many feel towards a potential Sheffield derby.

These games are why we follow football, aren't they? The occasions that can be memorable.

And we're now as superior to them as we have been for a long time. Fuck fearing defeat.

We were superior to them the last time we played them but we were still shite and nearly lost.

It's an emphatic no from me.

We were superior to them the last time we played them but we were still shite and nearly lost.

It's an emphatic no from me.

If the next one is 0-0 I'll be open to the idea of binning off Sheffield derbies altogether and never playing them again.

Don't want to draw the Pigs for loads of reasons. One of which is Wilder may be tempted to play a full strength team.

I don't want us to play a full strength team in the competition at all unless we get to Wembley
I understand that reasoning but it still pisses me off at all levels of the game. The people that win the games in the cup should retain their places IMO. Sentimental perhaps but just seems right.

Don't want to draw the Pigs for loads of reasons. One of which is Wilder may be tempted to play a full strength team.

I don't want us to play a full strength team in the competition at all unless we get to Wembley

I'm interested in why you don't want us to play a full strength team?

I'd like to see us win something in my lifetime. History suggests the best window we'll have to do this is between now and whenever Wilder leaves us. We are now extremely unlikely to get relegated this season and qualifying for Europe would actually put a strain on us doing as well next season.

I also don't understand the apprehension so many feel towards a potential Sheffield derby.

These games are why we follow football, aren't they? The occasions that can be memorable.

And we're now as superior to them as we have been for a long time. Fuck fearing defeat.

It's fucking great to beat them, but the games aren't enjoyable in the slightest. They're almost sickening to watch. It completely removes the entertainment factor from something which is meant to be entertaining (unless you're 5-0 up after 20 minutes or something absurd).

We've only just managed to get them to shut the fuck up. The last thing I want is them to pipe up again in the build up and, further still, win the game and have them shove it in our faces.

If we have to face them then fine. I'm not scared of them. I just don't want to afford them any opportunity to get one over on us.

I'm interested in why you don't want us to play a full strength team?

I'd like to see us win something in my lifetime. History suggests the best window we'll have to do this is between now and whenever Wilder leaves us. We are now extremely unlikely to get relegated this season and qualifying for Europe would actually put a strain on us doing as well next season.
It is still possible to get relegated. Unlikely, but possible.
2 or 3 major injuries to key players could make that more possible.
Premiership survival is a priority to me

Rusties number 4 but RAWW only at 8?

Proof of their Massiveness

#piglogic

Do you know the probability of that happening, and do you know anyone who could work it out?

100% agree although a semi final against them at Wembley would be even better as we owe them for the last one.

The only enjoyable thing about a derby is winning (or a draw in any games we were expected to lose). The build up and games themselves are just too tense.

We are miles ahead of them at the moment so why would we want to give them any opportunity (however small) to get one over on us? We’d also have to play our strongest team when the Prem still needs to be our priority.

(Not that anybody cares) My prediction:

Bournemouth or Arsenal vs Coventry or Birmingham
Southampton or Tottenham vs Chelsea
Sheffield Wednesday vs Manchester United
Sheffield United vs West Brom
Reading or Cardiff vs Portsmouth
Leicester vs Northampton or Derby
Norwich vs Shrewsbury or Liverpool
Manchester City vs Newcastle or Oxford

Would be interesting to see a liverpool tie, would imagine they might risk a half team of second string youngsters as I reckon Klopp would stick with his principles, and i think we would have a very good chance against that team at the Lane

(Not that anybody cares) My prediction:

Bournemouth or Arsenal vs Coventry or Birmingham
Southampton or Tottenham vs Chelsea
Sheffield Wednesday vs Manchester United
Sheffield United vs West Brom
Reading or Cardiff vs Portsmouth
Leicester vs Northampton or Derby
Norwich vs Shrewsbury or Liverpool
Manchester City vs Newcastle or Oxford

If you get even one correct whats the odds on that,watch this space as all the maths doctorates fall over themselves to give the answer...........nah ive said that they wont.

Yay :cool:

What a fucking embarrassment that draw was.

But awww isn't the One Show just so warm and lovely.....

7EFE331D-E1DD-43F8-B388-9A14197B756D.jpeg

I admire your pessimism mate :)

What a fucking embarrassment that draw was.

But awww isn't the One Show just so warm and lovely.....
Thankfully I have BT Sport. As soon as that Welsh lass opened up with “I don’t know anything about football” I knew it was time to turn over. At least she admits it though and doesn’t wing it like her esteemed colleague on the BBC Mr Crookes.

Back
Top Bottom